• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Well.......
    I've spent over forty years studying the effects of gunshot wounds on the human body and NOT ONE of the hundreds of incidents involving 9 mm ball ammo that I've read ever resulted in an instant kill.
    Not even head shots.
    As a recent example, Gabby Giffords was shot in the head at close range with a Glock M 19 loaded with WW 115 gr ball ammo.
    The bullet passed through without inflicting fatal damage.
    I repeat!!!
    9 mm ball ammo is as worthless as teats on a boar hog!!!
    Perhaps if you'd invest a little more time looking into the subject instead of posting a snide, knee jerk, defensive, comment you'd understand what I meant.
    If not, you may continue to wallow in your ignorance. :)

Thanks for answering my question. How many people have you shot with 9mm ball? Zero? Thanks. That's what I thought.

I've personally been on several crime scenes where the thug is deader than a doornail, due to a well placed 9mm FMJ round. Thugs don't buy Gold Dots and HST's, they use the cheapest crap they can find. And that's 9mm FMJ ammo.

Forty years studying the effects of gunshot wounds? That's amazing! Did you stop to eat and use the restroom, or was that 40 years straight? :rolleyes:

Did you see the one where an enraged drunk took 6 .45 Gold Dots in the torso, 1 in the thigh and 2 that almost severed his ankle, and still kept fighting effectively until he was finally dropped with a shot to the eye? I guess .45 JHP is just a little bigger teat on your boar hog, isn't it?

Officer Down: A Warrior's Sacrifice - Below 100 - LawOfficer.com

Nobody has ever been dropped with 9mm ball, even with head shots, in the last 40 years???? :rolleyes:

And you say I am the one wallowing in ignorance. :laugh:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As for the 7.62X39 hitting the soldier in the vest and sending him against the wall, it's true. You don't have to believe me, you are welcome to test it out for yourself. Just put your vest on and have someone shoot you from 3 feet away and measure how far you go back from the force of impact. Heck you can even come in to the Muncie area recruiters office and ask him. He's here Mon-Fri, or if you'd like I can give him your number and have him call you and tell you all about it. I'd love to see his reaction when you call him a liar.

It's already been tested by Newton. for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If the 7.62x39 round knocked a soldier against the wall after hitting him in the vest. Newton's law would have the shooter hitiing the wall as well. The Mythbusters have done several shows to prove this law of Physics. The could barlely Knock Buster down while wearing a vest and steel plate with a .50BMG.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Thanks for answering my question. How many people have you shot with 9mm ball? Zero? Thanks. That's what I thought.

I've personally been on several crime scenes where the thug is deader than a doornail, due to a well placed 9mm FMJ round. Thugs don't buy Gold Dots and HST's, they use the cheapest crap they can find. And that's 9mm FMJ ammo.

Forty years studying the effects of gunshot wounds? That's amazing! Did you stop to eat and use the restroom, or was that 40 years straight? :rolleyes:

Did you see the one where an enraged drunk took 6 .45 Gold Dots in the torso, 1 in the thigh and 2 that almost severed his ankle, and still kept fighting effectively until he was finally dropped with a shot to the eye? I guess .45 JHP is just a little bigger teat on your boar hog, isn't it?

Officer Down: A Warrior's Sacrifice - Below 100 - LawOfficer.com

Nobody has ever been dropped with 9mm ball, even with head shots, in the last 40 years???? :rolleyes:

And you say I am the one wallowing in ignorance. :laugh:

Never mind.
    You're obviously the type who was born with the Knowledge Of The Ages and can't learn from others.

Carry on!

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Never mind.
    You're obviously the type who was born with the Knowledge Of The Ages and can't learn from others.

Carry on!

If you are implying that I can't learn anything from someone who has never seen someone stopped with 9mm ball ammo, even with head shots, in 40 years of intense study, then you are right. There is absolutely nothing that I can learn from someone who promotes such fallacies.

Carry on, yourself. :cool:

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    We have kinda gotten off topic. I think if you ask most military they would prefer more rounds over bigger diameter. Like I said before the difference is only 2mm but about twice the weight. However velocity is a bigger factor in energy than mass. Energy = .5*mass*velocity^2... Like I said I'm just stoking the fire. Here is another link to consider
    An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power

:popcorn:

I pick Beretta or Sig 226

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    However velocity is a bigger factor in energy than mass. Energy = .5*mass*velocity^2... Like I said I'm just stoking the fire. Here is

that is not true, everybody knows that bigger holes=better, which explains why a .380 is more powerful than a .338 Lapua

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Any handgun bullet you shoot into an attacker's body will deliver less energy than the energy transferred between the shoulder harness of a seat belt and the upper body of a 180 pound person during a head-on auto collision into a fixed object at 25 miles per hour. Consider the amount of "kinetic energy transfer" experienced by a NASCAR driver who survives uninjured, remains conscious and walks away from a spectacular collision at Daytona motor speedway, where speeds are almost eight times greater. A football pass receiver absorbs far more energy in his body, his internal organs subjected to much greater jarring shock, than any handgun bullet can deliver when he's running as fast as he can (15+ miles per hour) and makes a flying leap to catch a pass that's just out of his reach, and his body collides with the ground.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Well.......
    I've spent over forty years studying the effects of gunshot wounds on the human body and NOT ONE of the hundreds of incidents involving 9 mm ball ammo that I've read ever resulted in an instant kill.
    Not even head shots.
    As a recent example, Gabby Giffords was shot in the head at close range with a Glock M 19 loaded with WW 115 gr ball ammo.
    The bullet passed through without inflicting fatal damage.
    I repeat!!!
    9 mm ball ammo is as worthless as teats on a boar hog!!!
    Perhaps if you'd invest a little more time looking into the subject instead of posting a snide, knee jerk, defensive, comment you'd understand what I meant.
    If not, you may continue to wallow in your ignorance. :)

LMFAO!!!!1 headshots...NOT kill?? after seeing how many people have thrown their 2 cents in I wasn't even going to try to catch up...but I couldn't pass this up...... I mean...have you ever seen someone take a round to the head..lol it's LITERALLY like a light switch....no movement, no reaction....just drop like a sac of potatoes....that's why it's standard training.....and I'm sure your personal experience/testing is far more credible than government funded nationwide testing from the last several decades to include live body headshots...but hey...I'm sure you know better

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    on a further note......personally, I think this entire post is pointless...and while everyone is entitled to their opinion as it is a free nation......IMO, NOBODYs opinion matters in respect to effectiveness of military weapons who aren't/ haven't served active duty where you can witness first hand effects of your weapons...judge it's effectiveness...and SHOULD be able to choose what you want to carry

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    that is not true, everybody knows that bigger holes=better, which explains why a .380 is more powerful than a .338 Lapua

LOL....338 penetrates body armor still at over 1500 meters....and .380 and .38 special is considered by nearly all of the world ballistics leaders to be the minimum acceptable calibers for self defense...and you really just compared them.....never heard of neural shock huh...let alone witnessed it

Top Bottom