• Poll closed .

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The military will never adopt a "general issue" handgun that does not have a manual safety. There are many people in the armed services who, by nature of their specialty, have limited training and experience with small arms. Unfortunately, these people are still required to fill the duty rosters for security and sentry duties. With their limited training and experience, it would be imprudent to issue them a weapon with no manual safety.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Its about time.... maybe some of these will flood the market???? here is the article US Army will Retire M9 (because it?s old and weak) - Guns News and Guns Reviews at Guns.com

At least a couple of things in this article make me tend to think that the author might not know exactly what the Hell he's talking about (e.g., "three dot sights"), but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm also "old and weak" (or so the mem-sah'b tells me), so I guess that's why I get along so well with my M9. DoD can do as they please. I'm not replacing my M9 with anything. ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The military will never adopt a "general issue" handgun that does not have a manual safety. There are many people in the armed services who, by nature of their specialty, have limited training and experience with small arms. Unfortunately, these people are still required to fill the duty rosters for security and sentry duties. With their limited training and experience, it would be imprudent to issue them a weapon with no manual safety.

Really?! :dunno:

You are aware that the Pistol that one the last round of Trials has no Manual Safety. The Only Reason it was not selected as a Service Pistol was because the Beretta was purchased at a lower package Price, not due to the Fact that it has a Safety... :popcorn:

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'm hoping for Sig. Naval Aviators already pack P228's so it wouldn't change much there, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sigs more widely available. Failing that, my pick would be the M&P 40. And I may be slightly biased between my P229R and M&P 40c..

Top Bottom