Military BS Stories or the last liar wins.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    lol.
    When I was a new 2nd Lt one of my Staff Sergeants tried to rib me a bit by coyly asking why Good Conduct Medals were never awarded to officers. I told him as officers we were expected to behave but for an enlisted troop to go three years without a F.Up was just short of feeding the masses with half a dozen loaves of bread. His buddies listening in the back of the office started laughing and yelling “Burn! Burn!”

He admitted that his first Good Conduct Medal took longer because in his previous AFSC as a Security Police cop he accidentally parked one of their uparmored Blazers in four feet of icy water and had to climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Remember this?
    Navy post on X is getting massively ratioed…

View attachment 345803

I had to use a photo of it because the US Navy deleted it about the time I tried to paste the link into Ingo. The guy on the rifle is the commanding officer of the USS John S. McCain.

Here’s the new one:
    View attachment 345806

But it still says “practice gun shoots.“ is that like target practice?

To be replaced shortly thereafter by a second update:
    View attachment 345807
    The commanding officer in the photograph was just relieved of his command of the USS John S. McCain.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Loss in confidence is a 'catch all'.
    Could be a bad commander.
    Could be he stated that giving children sterilization drugs is bad.
    True dat. Any commander can be relieved by their superior and the standard reason is "Lost faith/confidence in their ability to lead." By standard reason I mean, that's what they say every time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Summer 1986: young USAF mosquito-wing/1-striper KellyinAvon is at the 347th Supply Squadron, Moody AFB, Georgia.

I was working in the main warehouse and by this point I was licensed to drive pretty much any vehicle in the Squadron. Forklifts, trucks over 1 ton, warehouse tug, I could drive it.

I ended up farmed out to the Pickup and Delivery section for a little while because (1) I had a government license and (2) all kinds of bad stuff happened to the folks assigned to P&D. All of what follows happened in 1 week.

Remember the Ford Courier? It was a Mazda B2000 only not near as good of a truck. I think it had the Pinto 1.4L instead of the 2.0L. We had a government vehicle, 1981 Ford Courier. A Buck Sgt from P&D put the forks of a forklift through the side of the bed. Dude identified as a drug abuser before the Squadron Commander could order the drug test. Popped positive, but ended up getting an Honorable Discharge. That was one P&D driver down.

Troop who had been on leave back home in a podunk town in Missouri. Well a convenience store got robbed the morning he was leaving to come back, the local townie who got robbed said the Blue-Suiter witnessed it and then left. No ****, he had a warrant for his arrest and had to deal with this when he got back even though he had no idea about any of it. P&D is now down two drivers.

Another P&D troop jumps in a 1.5 ton International. He looked, there was nothing behind him. While he's getting the truck started, some guy in a (IIRC) 1978 Chevy half-ton government vehicle manages to pull in behind him, close enough it's not in the mirrors. Throws it in reverse... BAM and P&D is down three drivers.

More to follow...

Top Bottom