• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    None of this would have happened if the cop hadn't pulled the kid over.

None of this would have happened if the kid had stayed home that night.

You can play Monday morning quarterback all you want, and you can strain your back reaching for some way to blame the officer, but the reason why the officer pulled the kid over has nothing to do with the events that followed.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    None of this would have happened if the kid had stayed home that night also.

I remember way the heck back in the day when 2 of us were pulled over in the back streets behind my house.
    We were not doing anything but we were lit up and we complied. Drivers licence etc. My buddy Danny was in front of me and he was a hot head. Got smart with the LEO and as I watched he was drug out the window of his 55 chevy and slammed on the ground.
    Nothing happened to me as I was compliant.
    Never did figure out why we were stopped. Never cared. Just glad I went home.
    Danny didn't.
    Getting mad at LEO is never going to end well regardless of what the situation is.
    Punching one will end very badly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The criminals are the public. Also, anyone who assaults and batters a person, whether LEO or not, is a criminal. Why are you defending a criminal?

Now you've shown your true colors, and exposed yourself to be the root of the problem. You and many of your kind view the PUBLIC as criminals. This is the very essence of the police "US VS THEM" mentality. Makes it easy to rationalize killing an unarmed juvenile after manufacturing the whole encounter yourself doesn't it? After all, the kid WAS A CRIMINAL. You did pick him right out of a known group of CRIMINALS....... He was a member of the general PUBLIC wasn't he?

The sad thing is that you won't even comprehend the impact of what you just said and how it looks to the very people who employ you. The damage you just did is incredible and the other LEOs here should PM you to tell you to just shut up before you alienate the entire PUBLIC. The huge strides that INGO members such as Denny, BehindBlueEyes, Phylodog and several others have made to bring understanding and cooperation between police and the PUBLIC goes right into the gutter as you identify who the criminals actually are. You have met the enemy and he is US, the PUBLIC.

Further, let's again go to our local expert for a quote; "anyone who assaults and batters a person, whether LEO or not, is a criminal." Why then are YOU defending a criminal? Here we have A LEO assaulting a person. First with his firearm, then with his taser. Why are you then defending a criminal, Whether he is a LEO or not? The juvenile had not offered any PHYSICAL resistance until he was ASSAULTED by a man with a taser despite being threatened by a handgun, made to lie in the dirt at gunpoint while a grown man climbs on top of him. It was the taser that provoked the "attack" (defense?) made by this kid.

See........ Now, as I knew I would be if I allowed myself to get into this, I am pi$$ed. I even said up-thread that I should sit this one out but Frank and KG1 goaded me to go ahead and express myself as a true patriot. Casting pearls before swine........ Then I get angry to see all the SWINE. (see what I did there? I can be subtle too Frank! No frank, you are not the one I am calling swine)

I am out, before I say what I really think...... Going back to my criminal activities as a member of the PUBLIC. 'Later.

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Why do you think deadly force is needed to end a beating ?
    Do you think with better people skills with the Officer this would have escalated to where it went ?
    Is there a time for the pistol ? Sure, but this wasn't it here. IMO

Well, I for one do believe deadly force can (and in my case will if the event happens) be used to end a beating. I am 74 years old and certainly now not able to physically defend myself against a young buck that decides to beat me or my wife, but my handgun does even the odds.

I will defend myself in court if that happens, but the assailant will either be in the hospital or morgue. I also believe NO ONE, Police officer or other citizen should be assaulted without the right to defend himself or herself with deadly force. I raised 6 children, 5 of them were boys. They were not angels but certainly would never have assaulted nor even argued with a police officer. They were also raised to respect elders and certainly knew to respect employers. None ever lost a job due to insubordination.

Police officers are just people like the rest of us, albeit with the power to ruin our day. Unfortunately police officers age just like the rest of us. I am certain that when I was 25 years old I could have physically beaten almost all 40 year old officers in a fight (I am 6' 2" and about 230 lb.), however I would have NEVER either argued with or assaulted an officer ~ that's a fight you cannot win! No I don't believe the officer should have stopped the young man for a headlight violation, but I wasn't there so don't really know the circumstances. Possibly he was endangering other drivers, don't know.

The only major complaint I have is not the officers themselves but the departmental policy of obtaining funding by issuing traffic citations for many issues that really have no relationship to the safety of anyone. IE: speed traps, tickets for speeding on 4 lane highways on clear dry days when all traffic is moving near the same speed etc. While I dislike these policies I will have my lawyer argue them in court, not assault an officer. (And no I have not received a ticket in well over 30 years)!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now you've shown your true colors, and exposed yourself to be the root of the problem. You and many of your kind view the PUBLIC as criminals. This is the very essence of the police "US VS THEM" mentality. Makes it easy to rationalize killing an unarmed juvenile after manufacturing the whole encounter yourself doesn't it? After all, the kid WAS A CRIMINAL. You did pick him right out of a known group of CRIMINALS....... He was a member of the general PUBLIC wasn't he?

The sad thing is that you won't even comprehend the impact of what you just said and how it looks to the very people who employ you. The damage you just did is incredible and the other LEOs here should PM you to tell you to just shut up before you alienate the entire PUBLIC. The huge strides that INGO members such as Denny, BehindBlueEyes, Phylodog and several others have made to bring understanding and cooperation between police and the PUBLIC goes right into the gutter as you identify who the criminals actually are. You have met the enemy and he is US, the PUBLIC.

Further, let's again go to our local expert for a quote; "anyone who assaults and batters a person, whether LEO or not, is a criminal." Why then are YOU defending a criminal? Here we have A LEO assaulting a person. First with his firearm, then with his taser. Why are you then defending a criminal, Whether he is a LEO or not? The juvenile had not offered any PHYSICAL resistance until he was ASSAULTED by a man with a taser despite being threatened by a handgun, made to lie in the dirt at gunpoint while a grown man climbs on top of him. It was the taser that provoked the "attack" (defense?) made by this kid.

See........ Now, as I knew I would be if I allowed myself to get into this, I am pi$$ed. I even said up-thread that I should sit this one out but Frank and KG1 goaded me to go ahead and express myself as a true patriot. Casting pearls before swine........ Then I get angry to see all the SWINE. (see what I did there? I can be subtle too Frank! No frank, you are not the one I am calling swine)

I am out, before I say what I really think...... Going back to my criminal activities as a member of the PUBLIC. 'Later.

I think you need to re-read the post you are cutting up.
    I did not see what you are saying in it.
    Criminals are the public sir. They are a part of the public.
    Take a pill, step back and re-asses please.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Maybe you should stand down as you are making zero sense.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Now you've shown your true colors, .......

tumblr_m6fo1eoSfb1rzjjfeo1_500.gif

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You're wrong. It's a fact. Flashing your brights at another vehicle is NOT against the law in Michigan.
    Having your brights on within 500ft of oncoming traffic is illegal, there is no duration attached to the code. High beam are either on or off. Hence, illegal.

http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=32217

Traffic Talk: When should you turn on headlights, high beams and blinkers? | MLive.com
    "Michigan law prevents motorists from using high beams when there is an oncoming vehicle within 500 feet, but in the absence of approaching traffic, nothing in the law specifically prevents drivers from flashing vehicles that are travelling in the same direction."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Once again, you've misinterpreted something that was said. Try looking at anything relating to the police from a neutral, unbiased position. You have always had a defiant, anti-cop attitude the entire time I have seen your posts on INGO. Set the attitude aside and reexamine what was said.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yes, the kid should have followed directions from the officer.

And some other info:
    Eaton County Population:
    108,348 (2013)
    Over the past five years, the county has paid out a total of $42,000 in three legal settlements involving the sheriff's department, Fuentes said. During that same period, six other cases were closed with no payout by the county, he said.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/10/16/guilford-lawsuit-could-cost-eaton-county-millions/74068734/

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yes, the kid should have followed directions from the officer.

And some other info:
    Eaton County Population:
    108,348 (2013)
    Over the past five years, the county has paid out a total of $42,000 in three legal settlements involving the sheriff's department, Fuentes said. During that same period, six other cases were closed with no payout by the county, he said.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/10/16/guilford-lawsuit-could-cost-eaton-county-millions/74068734/

Paying out on a lawsuit does not automatically mean wrongdoing has been proven.

Top Bottom