• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    OJ was found to be guilty in civil court.
    I'm just saying

Because he didn't have enough money left to make it otherwise.

OJ at his richest was less than a pauper compared to Michael Jackson even when Jackson was "in financial trouble." The Michael Jacksons of the world can afford to avoid civil litigation in a variety of ways and the same means offer them the luxury of prevailing in one way or another on those rare occasions when the case actually gets to court.

zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield
    Just a thought
    For a group of mostly strict constitutionalists, moderate libertarians, rule of law, bill of rights loving, judged by 12 instead of carried by 6 kind of people. I have seen a lot of us ripping the daylights out of a dead man that was never convicted of anything.

While I'm not a big MJ fan, if I was aquitted or charges against me or dropped for lack of evidence in a self defense incident. I would not want to be called a killer for the rest of my life, no matter how short it may be.
    (my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it)

I agree.

zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield
    At the risk of :horse:, a parallel using the same reasoning.

• OJ Simpson.
    • Only 3 people will ever know the truth.
    • He was not found guilty.
    • The "biggest piece of evidence" = he was charged because he is black (similar type of reasoning).
    • The fact still remains, he had a lot of talent.

• OJ was found guilty of wrongful death in a civil suit.
    • OJ had blood on him when arrested.
    • Some of the jurors admit they made a HUGE mistake.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    • Some of the jurors admit they made a HUGE mistake.
    IIR, they weren't privy to the info that the rest of the world was because they were sequestered, and they didn't hear some of the specifics until *after* the verdict was read and they were released.
    Somebody set that ^ straight if that's not the case.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    At the risk of beating a literally dead horse. In my life there have been a number of truthful threads. One of which is:
    1) I have been accused of things I have not done.
    2) Some people will to this day swear that I am guilty of said things.
    3) If I passed today from a cardiac or anything else these same people would most likely write some opinionated and uninformed things on internet forums about it.
    4) I would not want those people to write my obituary.
    I don't know MJ and I wasn't there but after 3 and a half months of trial and 30+ hours of deliberation he was aquitted. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt. As I would hope I would be given.
    The man is dead, was he strange. Oh yeah.
    Did he fit in. Oh no.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    IIR, they weren't privy to the info that the rest of the world was because they were sequestered, and they didn't hear some of the specifics until *after* the verdict was read and they were released.
    Somebody set that ^ straight if that's not the case.

You are correct. I think the jurors made the decision they should have given the information they were allowed to hear. The prosecution screwed the pooch so badly presenting their case that the jurors couldn't help but have reasonable doubt.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Not very thoughtful comments on a man's death, and he was never found guilty. Not the Christian way to be folks. Whether you liked him or not, he's even with the house now. Let it rest.

There are some of us here that aren't Christians, myself included in that group. You don't necessarily have to be a Christian to have compassion for a man's death. While I respect and have nothing wrong with one's personal religion I am not sure this was the best choice of wording. Just my :twocents:

A kid described Freako's pecker to a TEE (apparently it had some sort of mark on it and probably some glitter)...You don't see anything wrong with that? :scratch:

I understand what you are saying but you can describe just about any pecker by saying, it has a shaft, a head, and a couple testes, and maybe some hair or not. Not defending MJ here but just keep that in mind.

However, having said that, I am merely playing devil's advocate for a moment. I am not going to say "good riddance" or anything. I think it is somewhat despicable that some people are (seemingly) reveling in the fact that someone has died, regardless of what he was accused of. In a case like Hitler's death, on the other hand, I don't think there would be anything wrong with saying "good riddance." I do think that it is sad that he died and I respect his entertainment value but the fact that he was accused of and likely was a pedophile completely ruins any respect I have (well, had) for him as a person.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    There are some of us here that aren't Christians, myself included in that group. You don't necessarily have to be a Christian to have compassion for a man's death. While I respect and have nothing wrong with one's personal religion I am not sure this was the best choice of wording. Just my :twocents:

Meh. I am a Jew and I knew what he meant. :cool:

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Oh I am sure the good majority of people here have enough intelligence to understand what he is saying in my quote, I was just trying to state that it may not have been the best wording. I don't mean to seemingly be bashing him over it, I was just pointing out something that could have been worded differently and IMO in a better fashion.

edit - yeah I was reading this thread and replying as I was reading so...here you go.

I have a question for those who are defending Michael Jackson, or those calling for compassion for him. Take this question at face value, there is no ulterior motive here, just a straightforward question.

Of those who are defending or calling for compassion for him:

1. Do you have children or grandchildren?
    2. Would you feel comfortable with him taking your children into the bedroom to watch movies if you were in a different part of the house entirely?
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong in looking for compassion for him. I'm just providing a perspective shift.

I'm interested in hearing what the 3 or 4 people who posted in this thread have to say along with anyone else who agrees with them. Again, not looking to start an argument or debate. Just a simple yes or no answer to a simple straightforward question.

Thanks.

I have compassion for him simply because he has passed on. I have no children but if I did I sure as hell would not have (knowingly) ever let Michael Jackson or anyone accused of being a pedophile within 100 feet of my children, let alone in the same room.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    When Farrah got to Heaven, God said he could grant her only one last wish. She said she wanted for all the children of the Earth to be safe. So He killed Michael Jackson.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Yay one less child molestor. Hes lucky he didnt die serving life in jail. Goodby Wacko-Jacko. You may be missed by some. But will never be forgotten by the lil boys whos childhood he stole from them.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    It's sad that he died but i do find a lot of the back lash people are doing over it is kinda silly. My girlfriend's cousin made a joke that actually got him banned from Twitter. he said

"I would like to see that sick bastard moonwalk his way out of this one"

In turn he was told by people on twitter that was wrong and racist, and bam he was banned but not before saying F**k Michael Jackson.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    When Farrah Fawcett left us and went to Heaven....

God greeted her personally and told her he would grant her one wish....

Farrah thought long and hard and finally told God that she wished all the world's children to be safe from harm.....

So.....

God killed Whacko Jacko!!!!!!:D

When Farrah got to Heaven, God said he could grant her only one last wish. She said she wanted for all the children of the Earth to be safe. So He killed Michael Jackson.

Thats a good one so funny it got posted twice....:D

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Would it not be exactly like Michael Jackson to fake his own death? I have thought this since it happened, and records started flying off the shelves. I thought "hmmm, good way to sell millions more records". I assume if he really did die, then GOD rest his soul. But, its Jacko, nothing would surprise me.

Top Bottom