• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ............. that's between him and his maker now.

500_1183144772_19094513.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    No fan myself, but I have to agree. Only a select few will ever know the truth about what happened, if anything. Guilty or not, he was found innocent. The biggest piece of evidence they had was the fact that he was a complete weirdo. That in itself just makes him an easy target.

The fact still remains, he had alot of talent.

R.I.P.

At the risk of :horse:, a parallel using the same reasoning.

• OJ Simpson.
    • Only 3 people will ever know the truth.
    • He was not found guilty.
    • The "biggest piece of evidence" = he was charged because he is black (similar type of reasoning).
    • The fact still remains, he had a lot of talent.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Agreed. I can't help but be suspicious of the parents motives here. As for the afterlife... that's between him and his maker now.

Money !!! the root of all evil :rolleyes: I'm Not defending him (his reported actions) were Inapprehensible

Poor MJ, who was probably molested and severely mistreated by his overbearing father and family members, forced to be the family porch monkey, their personal cash cow and who by his apparent actions was mentally unstable to say the least. I've never been an MJ Fan but over the years he had some great songs and videos. May he finally rest in peace and his victims recover.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksN4-WK22Og"]YouTube - Jackson 5 Home Video on Soul Train[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehal1eUG1jk"]YouTube - I'll Be There Acapella[/ame]

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Very nice and compassionate posts for the most part...... He was a talented man. I have always believed that if he had done the things people accused him of there would have been many more people come forward. We are all about the Constitution and the idea that people are innocent until proven guilty until we don't like them. I am sort of disappointed by all the hateful comments. Is this the Christian way? Maybe that's why I have so little use for organized religion and people who tend to be real vocal about their beliefs.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    No offense, but maybe I'm not Christian Annie. Or maybe not Christian "enough." What he's done is unforgiveable in my mind. Do you have kids? You surely wouldn't forgive although you'd like to think you would and that's very compassionate but you're not wearing those shoes right now.

Too bad he won't really rot in hell. He may melt, but he won't rot.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Yes, Joe. I have kids and grandkids. I have no proof that he ever went over the line with any child. Did he set himself up to be accused? Yep. I would need proof to condemn someone of what he was accused of. If you remember the witnesses against him in 2005 were not credible. The first time around all they were after was money.

If you aren't Christian that is fine. I am not and what anyone else believes doesn't effect me as long as they don't cram it down my throat. Not saying that you or anyone else is or has been doing that.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    No offense, but maybe I'm not Christian Annie. Or maybe not Christian "enough." What he's done is unforgiveable in my mind. Do you have kids? You surely wouldn't forgive although you'd like to think you would and that's very compassionate but you're not wearing those shoes right now.

Annie's level of forgiveness isn't the issue. What they accused him of was unforgiveable... true. Whether he really did those things, or was a victim of morally corrupt losers hunting for deep pockets... we don't really know.

The father that was doing most of the accusing, if I remember correctly, had a history of corrupt behavior (insurance fraud I think?). Not to mention that he continued to allow his son to visit MJ even after he supposedly knew what was going on. I find it funny that the father's behavior has continuously been overlooked, yet MJ has been continuously nailed to the proverbial cross. I don't know what he did or didn't do... I wasn't there. But I do know that any parent who takes money in return for allowing someone to "molest" their child deserves to be sitting in a prison cell just as much. I find the entire thing fishy.

Just sayin

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I don't know if MJ did what he was accused of . But the fact that a "grown" man can't understand what's wrong with giving kids alcohol and sleeping in the same bed with them makes me think he was guilty of it .

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Wait, ONE set of plaintiffs was a bit shady? What about the countless other children that he was accused of innapropriate behavior with?

Meh, whatever.

He invited kids to his bed to watch Disney movies. Latoya even said so and defended it.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    There was only one set of plaintiffs in 2005 and one in 1993. I think this man never had a childhood and tried in his own pathetic way to create one for himself. He was just a very sad and lost human who made some bad decisions that left him open for allegations due to his naive nature. You have to remember that he also did a lot of good during his life......We Are the World which allowed Live Aid to get started. Numerous huge donations to children's charities. He was flawed, just like we all are in different ways. I respect your opinion, Joseph, just have my own.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I have a question for those who are defending Michael Jackson, or those calling for compassion for him. Take this question at face value, there is no ulterior motive here, just a straightforward question.

Of those who are defending or calling for compassion for him:

1. Do you have children or grandchildren?
    2. Would you feel comfortable with him taking your children into the bedroom to watch movies if you were in a different part of the house entirely?
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong in looking for compassion for him. I'm just providing a perspective shift.

I'm interested in hearing what the 3 or 4 people who posted in this thread have to say along with anyone else who agrees with them. Again, not looking to start an argument or debate. Just a simple yes or no answer to a simple straightforward question.

Thanks.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

1. Do you have children or grandchildren? Yes: 2 daughters as well as 5 nephews and a niece.
    2. Would you feel comfortable with him taking your children into the bedroom to watch movies if you were in a different part of the house entirely? No. I wouldn't have allowed it.
    Due to some personal experiences, I don't believe a concerned parent would #1. allow their child to visit someone's home knowing anything questionable was/ever had been going on and #2. I don't believe a credible, concerned parent would take money as compensation to let a pervert walk free.

I do believe Michael had issues. I also believe he acted very inappropriately. The rest... none of us can possibly know.

My perspective is quite clear, thank you.

I think I need to be done with this topic now. Carry on if you wish. I'm moving back to the things I love thread.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have a question for those who are defending Michael Jackson, or those calling for compassion for him. Take this question at face value, there is no ulterior motive here, just a straightforward question.

1. Do you have children or grandchildren?
    2. Would you feel comfortable with him taking your children into the bedroom to watch movies if you were in a different part of the house entirely?
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong in looking for compassion for him. I'm just providing a perspective shift.

I'm interested in hearing what the 3 or 4 people who posted in this thread have to say along with anyone else who agrees with them. Again, not looking to start an argument or debate. Just a simple yes or no answer to a simple straightforward question.

Thanks.

I have three kids. And I have known children who have been abused. I need no shift of perspective.

At the same time, he is dead. He will be or has been judged by the only one who knows exactly what did happen. And furthermore, I am not sitting on any kind of jury being asked to decide anything.

So, in the end, my only point is that for me to dance on the man's grave with torches and pitchforks is not only lacking in usefulness, it is presumptive. Seriously, he is beyond your judgement and is sitting just fine in His judgement if you catch my meaning.

As for those left behind, I hope his death helps bring them some level of comfort.

The only thing that peeves me is that the Congress took time off for a moment of silence. That is the kind of garbage that gets my pitchfork and torch going.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Sounds like people are taking this personally. :facepalm:

Before anyone else interprets it this way, it is nothing personal. It is just an internet discussion. If people are not taking it personally and I'm misreading it, then disregard.

Thanks.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Wow. I didn't know anyone was handing out torches and playing music...

I'm slightly disturbed that those that profess to be non judgemental here are the most judgemental regarding how some of us should believe...

It seems they are so open minded and forgiving that they are not going to be forgiving of those of us who are not as forgiving...

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Well, Joseph, I have already said that I respect your views so not sure how much more you want from me, if your comment was aimed in my direction.

Off the top of my head it is hard to answer the question that Biohazard asks. My first response would be, based on my take of the whole situation, yes. You have to understand though that in order to really answer that I would guess that I would have had to see him interact with my grandchildren, take a read so to speak. That is the best I can do.

At this point I will be moving along.....not much more to see here, I think.

Top Bottom