Merry Christmas! You killed your step-daughter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donjr721

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Rockville
    She couldn't have gone to a window on the room where they were sleeping and banged on it to wake them up? Knocked on the door?

Why, on earth, would the first go-to solution to get back into a house [that's occupied] that you locked yourself out of be to break the glass?

Not faulting anybody - just wondering...
    That's something our family has always wondered. Only she would have that answer. I totally agree with you. The glass was already broken

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

2db2978d0f26167c86a78cee089e5ed5.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    what happened to the warning shot. kinda like racking a shotgun, that's a noise that just send chills down a spine.

It can also get you in more legal trouble than simply shooting the intruder--and this is before you consider that a drugged-up intruder will likely not skip a beat when confronted with such an implied threat.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I had a guy tell me the other day that if someone has broken into your house, you should grab your shotgun and go by a heating vent when you rack the slide. That way the sound of the shell going into the chamber will resonate throughout the house. The intruder will hear it and will know what that means.

I told him that I keep a shell in the chamber so in effect I would just be dumping a shell on the floor, and that might cancel out the sound of the shell going into the chamber. He looked at me kind of weird for a few seconds and then said "nobody keeps a shell in the chamber of a shotgun when it is in the house."

I did not know what to say, so I just kind of shrugged my shoulders. This is the same guy that would never carry a Glock because you cannot have a round in the chamber because there is no safety.

I am not that old, but honestly, I am just too tired to try and explain these kinds of things to some people. If they are asking me about something and are trying to form an opinion, I will take the time. But this level of, ignorance I guess, I just let it go.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I hear the "sound of a pump" nonsense from not one, but TWO FBI guys.
    And heard it from old local LE too.

Never underestimate the power of television.

New business venture: motion detector that sets off an audio of shotgun pump rack.

Like hotcakes I betcha..............

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I hear the "sound of a pump" nonsense from not one, but TWO FBI guys.
    And heard it from old local LE too.

Never underestimate the power of television.

New business venture: motion detector that sets off an audio of shotgun pump rack.

Like hotcakes I betcha..............
    Would you not be concerned to hear that unmistakable sound if you weren't the one holding the shotgun?

Top Bottom