• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I would like to see Carlson make a good go of it. I'd like to see him cover more of the hard news, but he needs to be more intellectually honest about the issues. He can't keep trying to trap leftist guests with gotcha questions. I know the left media does this and they're losing their credibility because of it. Carlson's probably not lost all his yet. I'm not a big consumer of Fox News anyway but I do occasionally watch. Maybe some of you like to see nothing but pro-right propaganda and see your Fox heroes bait and ambush guests, and try to make fools of the . but I want to see an honest view of both sides. I'd rather see an honest argument against what the left really believes and not just a straw facsimile.

But so far Carlson has mostly been a "Piers Morgan", albeit more intelligent, for the right.
    I too would like to see an honest view of both sides.You seem to know of a news channel that does this.Would you please tell me,because I too am tired of the one sided news.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not all of the "sources" are as unbiased as they would like you to believe however.
    Just a general friendly reminder from printcraft. I'm here to help.
    Glad you reminded me of that. I couldn't tell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I too would like to see an honest view of both sides.You seem to know of a news channel that does this.Would you please tell me,because I too am tired of the one sided news.

I don't think there is anything at the network level where they try to give an honest view of both sides. I think there are some hosts/anchors who try, but they still allow their biases to influence how the news is presented. I think of Greta Van Susteren. I think she tried to be honest but she's pretty much a centrist. Being in the middle doesn't mean fair and balanced.

One can present a story honestly, but told from a right. left or middle position, they'll leave the viewer with a certain impression, which may not reflect reality, intentional or not. Even in the stories they choose to present, bias can influence people's beliefs. Selection bias can be as impacting as any. For example, a network can select only stories where white cops shoot black people. If they report nothing about cops being shot, when all you hear is one scenario, what will you think?

We like to think that FOX is fair and balanced, and we do hear some solid news that we won't hear on other channels. But I don't think I would call them fair and balanced. Fair should mean honest, which I think FOX's hard news is mostly that. Balanced shouldn't mean that they just tell both sides. It should also apply to selection of stories. But that's hard to do. There's only so much time and only so many stories that they can fit in the news. So they try to figure out which stories and how to present them, to get people to tune in. They know what makes you watch them.

I think the only way to get fair and balanced is to look at what everyone is reporting, how they're reporting it, and compare. When I see all the news agencies, espeically within a given ideological preference, using nearly the same hyperbolic headlines, it makes me think someone is directing that. I'm probably going to believe that less than I might believe a piece that isn't coordinated hyperbole.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Megan Kelly moving from FOX News to NBC doesn't matter much to me. I wasn't going to get to see or touch her cash'n'prizes when she was at Fox News and I won't get to see or touch her cash'n'prizes while she's at NBC either, so . . .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Megan Kelly moving from FOX News to NBC doesn't matter much to me. I wasn't going to get to see or touch her cash'n'prizes when she was at Fox News and I won't get to see or touch her cash'n'prizes while she's at NBC either, so . . .
    Easy to look at though. Probably won't be not listening while watching once she makes the move to NBC.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Megyn is nothing to sneeze at, but still not the easiest on the eyes.
    Shannon Bream, Molly Line, Abby Huntsman, Jackie Ibanez, Trish Regan, and Lori Rothman certainly make it easier to watch a news broadcast.
    For semi-regulars, it's very good to look at Katherine Timpf.
    For frequent guests, it's tough to find prettier than Amber (maiden name Barnow) Smith, Lisa Boothe, Eboni Williams, and Kirsten Haglund.

Molly:
    molly3.jpg

Shannon:
    ShannonBream_10-20-09_50176.jpg

Abby:
    900_huntsman_new.jpg

Jackie:
    2016-07-12-Jackie%20Ibanez.jpg

Trish:
    1427753032368.jpg

Lori:
    1452302728960.png

Katherine:
    6J7tvmrX.jpg

Amber:
    cropped-dsc2055-4.jpg

Lisa:
    2016-08-14-fnc-mb-lmb-slams-media-with-mrc-studies-1.jpg

Eboni:
    Black-Shirt-1050x700.jpg

Kirsten:
    HaglundKirsten.jpg

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Megyn is nothing to sneeze at, but still not the easiest on the eyes.
    Shannon Bream, Molly Line, Jackie Ibanez, Trish Regan, and Lori Rothman certainly make it easier to watch a news broadcast.
    For semi-regulars, it's very good to look at Katherine Timpf.
    For frequent guests, it's tough to find prettier than Amber (maiden name Barnow) Smith, Lisa Boothe, and Kirsten Haglund.

You forgot Rachel Maddow....:thatshot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I married the prom queen the 1st time and a cheerleader the 2nd. Looks are great, but they run shallow.

A few years back a mutual friend of ours told me the old axiom;
    "Produce me the best looking most desirable woman you can find and I'll produce you some guy that's tired of ****ing her." :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I married the prom queen the 1st time and a cheerleader the 2nd. Looks are great, but they run shallow.

"Produce me the best looking most desirable woman you can find and I'll produce you some guy that's tired of ****ing her." :):
    [video=youtube;FKzacHbsBJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKzacHbsBJM[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And we have a winner

Top Bottom