• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, why do you not like this thread so much? I think we can use it to learn

I'm learning a lot in this thread! :xmad:

The reason I don't like this thread or any thread like it is, it only offers the opportunity for people to say what they would have done in that situation and most would place them in jail, also. AND to be perfectly clear, it has nothing to do with the participants' racial makeup, just in case that is an underlying supposition.

Any MAN in that room could have protected that little girl by simply moving in to a corner defensive position, providing her protection in a number of ways. However, people choose to post on an open forum that they would shoot and pistol whip those involved and looking on. Yeah, these threads make me wonder. So, no, I don't like the thread, but just as the First Amendment provides rights to some, my ban button provides some for me.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

The reason I don't like this thread or any thread like it is, it only offers the opportunity for people to say what they would have done in that situation and most would place them in jail, also. AND to be perfectly clear, it has nothing to do with the participants' racial makeup, just in case that is an underlying supposition.

Any MAN in that room could have protected that little girl by simply moving in to a corner defensive position, providing her protection in a number of ways. However, people choose to post on an open forum that they would shoot and pistol whip those involved and looking on. Yeah, these threads make me wonder. So, no, I don't like the thread, but just as the First Amendment provides rights to some, my ban button provides some for me.

yeah for me peoples race didnt even cross my mind. i just saw someones daughter getting the life beat out of her by evil. and evil standing around doing nothing. they could have been space aliens for all i care. i was focused on the act and wasnt trying to take it any further.
    I think it can be used to raise situational awareness. if someone thinks the same thing couldnt happen in carmel or fishers or martinsville then they are stupid. :dunno: :twocents: one guy did take it further and he got banned. now its a non issue in my opinion and your just making it more of an issue by making implications about it I think

hey I would have tried to protect that girl anyway possible hopefully without killing anyone, but you cant seriously tell me I would have been wrong for shooting her attackers either? those were deadly blows man.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    What's even more disturbing about this video is that someone actually recorded it and put it on the internet. Adding to that, it's now associated with INGO for no apparent reason, other than members being able to voice concern, anger, and disgust. There is nothing any of us can learn from this video.

It happened and it's news, I didn't know only threads that taught us something could be made without a Mod questioning and commenting negatively on the existence of the created thread.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    yeah for me peoples race didnt even cross my mind. i just saw someones daughter getting the life beat out of her by evil. and evil standing around doing nothing. they could have been space aliens for all i care. i was focused on the act and wasnt trying to take it any further.
    I think it can be used to raise situational awareness. if someone thinks the same thing couldnt happen in carmel or fishers or martinsville then they are stupid. :dunno: :twocents: one guy did take it further and he got banned. now its a non issue in my opinion and your just making it more of an issue by making implications about it I think

hey I would have tried to protect that girl anyway possible hopefully without killing anyone, but you cant seriously tell me I would have been wrong for shooting her attackers either? those were deadly blows man.

You asked the question; I answered the question; and I am done with it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Geez, I would have thought you of all people would recognize cathartic chest-thumping when you saw it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Geez, I would have thought you of all people would recognize cathartic chest-thumping when you saw it.

Yeah, you are right. And I apologize to you, Ranger. I allowed that post to cause me to react in a way that doesn't represent well. I apologize to everyone who has read this thread.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It happened and it's news, I didn't know only threads that taught us something could be made without a Mod questioning and commenting negatively on the existence of the created thread.

The issue that Que is trying not to discuss was the incredibly racist and profanity-laden rant made by the person who is now no longer with us. I believe Que is done with this thread now and so am I.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville

I agree that you should try to protect her, But so should the 5 big guys standing around watching. We don't even know the reasoning behind this video in the first place...Maybe she made a racist comment? Maybe she had first swing? Maybe it was just a senseless beating for no reason at all.
    One thing we need to remember is that you are responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun. And if you draw it, You better be ready to use it.
    There were many different options in this video that would have not only defused the situation, but kept everyone alive. A few big guys should easily be able to hold those girls down until the cops got there. Unless your attacking me personally, or someone that is with me, Its not SELF defence, and you need to consider other options before taking someone's life. . :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yeah, you are right. And I apologize to you, Ranger. I allowed that post to cause me to react in a way that doesn't represent well. I apologize to everyone who has read this thread.

the guy who owes an apology is gone. to be honest the video showed up very small on my screen, I watched until the first time the girl fell by the bathroom? then i fast forewarded the video to the part where I saw a woman trying to stop it i think then to the end where the girl was having a seizure. I honestly thought that they were all either latin or white. and Que, I think you know I would tell you straight up. to me WHO was doing or getting the beating didnt matter. it was inhuman what was happening. unacceptable behavior for anyone at anytime whoever you are. i am color blind regarding this thread, just to be totaly clear and honest.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Shoot, you don't owe anybody an apology for what you've said. Blowhards irritate me too. But they're kind of part and parcel of being on the internet. In fact, if someone didn't post claiming to be Chuck Norris's first born endowed with all his father's fighting abilities, I'd probably worry that hell was freezing over and the feces was being splattered about by the oscillating structure on the ceiling. But I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed an extra 'oomph' in the effort to get those girls off the victim. "Oh, sorry, did you crack your head on the corner of the garbage bin when I threw you off? My bad."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree that you should try to protect her, But so should the 5 big guys standing around watching. We don't even know the reasoning behind this video in the first place...Maybe she made a racist comment? Maybe she had first swing? Maybe it was just a senseless beating for no reason at all.
    One thing we need to remember is that you are responsible for every bullet that leaves your gun. And if you draw it, You better be ready to use it.
    There were many different options in this video that would have not only defused the situation, but kept everyone alive. A few big guys should easily be able to hold those girls down until the cops got there. Unless your attacking me personally, or someone that is with me, Its not SELF defence, and you need to consider other options before taking someone's life. . :twocents:

well let me give you my belief. i dont believe its acceptible to use deadly violence on someone for just words (if that was even the case). even if the girl had just tried to rob the place then the only force thats justified is enough to stop the threat in my opinion. she wasnt threatening after the first time I saw her go down. :dunno:

I would never take a life without it being for self defense of life or serious bodily harm or war. also just because someone is a big guy it doesnt mean crap. i have seen HUGE guys cry like babies after being slapped by a girl so im certainly not gonna stake my life or someone elses life on the HOPE that big guys would be able to do the job, let alone if they would even be willing to step in.
    I dont know how many life or death situations you have been in throughout your own life, but i have been in enough to KNOW what I will do if the situation arises again where I am forced to protect a life or my own. probly just the act of pulling a gun would have stopped these attackers and made them run, but believe me I would have been ready in less than a second to pull the trigger if it didnt and they advanced on us. if you havent read my other post on here, i will tell you, im not a guy whos gonna use my gun as a macho thing by waving it around etc. if mine comes out 99% chance is im gonna use it to save a life by ending another one or at least stopping the threat. when i talk about using deadly force you can be assured I dont take it lightly as a subject.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The issue that Que is trying not to discuss was the incredibly racist and profanity-laden rant made by the person who is now no longer with us. I believe Que is done with this thread now and so am I.

I agree race has no place in the discussion here. I never saw the rant and don't know what order all this happened in.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Personally, I think this thread goes hand in hand with a few we have going on right now. Our world has been becoming more and more violent. It's truly sad.

Too many people are just simply too self centered and worried about the legalities of getting involved. This video is a clear example of why I couldn't manage a store like this. At some point, I would have had to bring an upper-cut up from the ankles and lift one of those animals off her feet and I abhor violence.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    There may have been another option that would have kept everyone alive but a shooting here to stop them from beating this girl to death would have been justified and for some of these people it would have been a preferred method. These people have no quams about doing this to her or someone else.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Personally, I think this thread goes hand in hand with a few we have going on right now. Our world has been becoming more and more violent. It's truly sad.

Too many people are just simply too self centered and worried about the legalities of getting involved
    . This video is a clear example of why I couldn't manage a store like this. At some point, I would have had to bring an upper-cut up from the ankles and lift one of those animals off her feet and I abhor violence.

I agree. its like the video of the homeless guy who saved a woman but was stabbed himself by her attacker and then lad bleeding out on a busy sidewalk in NEW YORK while people just kept walking by him like it was just another day in soddom. so he ended up bleeding to death. thats why i will never trust my life or the lives of my loved ones to other people I dont know and trust. the world is more evil than good

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You know, try as I might, and post as I might, I can't really change who and what I am. I know I've said several times in the past that other people's fights are not my fights, and that I would not get involved due to the number of times I've been denigrated for saying I would get involved. I've had so many "gotcha" scenarios thrown at me, where according to the convoluted, unlikely way the scenario was played out, I ended up shooting police officers, running down federal agents with my truck... all manner of things designed to point out why I shouldn't get involved, and told that I would probably end up enjoying Bubba for the rest of my life... blah blah blah.

Deep down I am pretty sure I would still get involved.

I really don't think I have it in me to sit back and watch somebody get beaten to death and not try to help them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    We don't even know the reasoning behind this video in the first place...Maybe she made a racist comment? Maybe she had first swing?

see this is the problem with teenagers these days. say the girl DID start it. Say she DID call them a racial slur. Was a group beat down warranted?

I remember when I was in school, two dudes got into a fight and at the end of it, both guys walked off with respect for one another...even if the fight was one-sided. sometimes they became friends, sometimes not. but the issue was settled. there was no 2-on 1 nonsense, no weapons. there was no revenge either, which i saw a fair amount of between frat guys at my alma mater.

and when the guy went down, it was over. i never saw the person on the ground get beaten until their central nervous system needed to be rebooted.

Top Bottom