• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    You guys that say this are ignoring the reality that Indiana is not as conservative as you think it is…
    I'm not ignoring it I know that it's not as conservative as I would like for it to be but it's a damn sight more conservative than other places in this country. The fact is this entire political system needs an enema. And the only way it happens it gets very very messy

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Oh I wouldn't vote for a Democrat either but I don't vote for Young when I do vote.

Saying that a Democrat would be more in line with what I think is a stupid comment. Of course they wouldn't why would you think they would be why would I think they would be? Of course they wouldn't. But if Indiana Republicans were serious about being conservatives they would have a better option than that slimy bugger

He's a McConnell loving establishment RINO. He does what they tell him to do and if he had an original thought that went through his head it'd be the fastest trip ever
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you agree that the Democrat would be worse than Young and then vote in a manner that makes it more likely that the Democrat gets elected?

I understand and share the frustration with Young but risking the possible election of a Democrat on futile protest votes doesn't make much sense to me.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you agree that the Democrat would be worse than Young and then vote in a manner that makes it more likely that the Democrat gets elected?

I understand and share the frustration with Young but risking the possible election of a Democrat on futile protest votes doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess if that's how you read it then yeah. The last few time I've voted and Todd Young is running I just write my Labrador in.

I voted for him once. I held my nose and voted for him twice. I'm not voting for him again you can knock yourself out. We can agree to disagree but Todd Young is no better than a Democrat. Considering he votes with them most of the time anyway

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    That is the track you are on, voting for those that do not get elected give us no power in DC…
    You honestly think that we have power in DC? That's really being naive.

It's a club that we ain't in. They're beholding only to the people that line their pockets while giving lip service to those that vote for them.

This has been a fun discussion but work calls gentlemen continue. I think we can all agree that politicians don't give a crap about us and that we're totally screwed as a country.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We can agree to disagree but Todd Young is no better than a Democrat. Considering he votes with them most of the time anyway
    I proved this was not true previously by linking his voting record. Yes, there are votes of his I do not like, but he does not vote for clown world…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You honestly think that we have power in DC? That's really being naive.

It's a club that we ain't in. They're beholding only to the people that line their pockets while giving lip service to those that vote for them.

This has been a fun discussion but work calls gentlemen continue. I think we can all agree that politicians don't give a crap about us and that we're totally screwed as a country.
    They want reelection and will not go full clown world because we are more conservative than that in Indiana but we do not have much though…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You guys that say this are ignoring the reality that Indiana is not as conservative as you think it is…
    See the "Hoosiers are fickle" comments. But. I do think Indiana is socially conservative, but it's not a populist conservatism. They're CoC loving neocons. Put a clean cut plastic baptist up saying ostensibly "reasonable" things, and he'll win in a landslide.

BTW, a plastic baptist isn't necessarily a baptist. It is a person who dresses in self piety, clean as can be, not a hair out of place, no stubble on his face, nicely dressed, looks down his nose at non-conformity. Think Mike Pence mass produced and packaged in blister pack on sale at the local toys-r-us.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That is the track you are on, voting for those that do not get elected give us no power in DC…
    The track you are on has made the problems we have today.
    Compromising morals, and American ideals is wrong. Yet you are on track with that.
    I don't Compromise when it comes to the above.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Terrible? Let’s shove our most toxic brand to the front. A chunk of the GOP adores him like a cult and he’s intolerable to everyone else. I’m fine keeping McHenry at this point…
    I think populist conservatives need a real win. That's probably gonna be popular among them but it's not actually a win. A win would be a speaker who can play the game in a way where they actually win instead of being martyrs to their own.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I proved this was not true previously by linking his voting record. Yes, there are votes of his I do not like, but he does not vote for clown world…
    I proved it was true by linking people to his 78% voting with democrats leading upto the election. Yet you and the other Young fans refused to accept it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the problem is the binary that's implied. "No better than a Democrat."

The implied binary is "Democrat" and "what I want". It's like having only two pigeon holes to fit things in. If it doesn't fit the "what I want" hole, it has to go in the other one. Even if the Marine everyone should hate tends to vote against ClownWorld™, which doesn't make him like every other Democrat, he's not close enough fit for the "what I want" hole, so...

I don't think there's a cure for that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Compromising morals, and American ideals is wrong. Yet you are on track with that.
    It is not the politicians. It the VOTERS.

It is not your or my compromise to make. You have one job, and one job only, that is to vote for the best imperfect individual that will give the best outcome, may not be the candidate most aligned to our values.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I proved it was true by linking people to his 78% voting with democrats leading upto the election. Yet you and the other Young fans refused to accept it.
    Not a Young fan in any way but not on the suicidal mission some of you guys seem to be on with ridiculous purity tests…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not a Young fan in any way but not on the suicidal mission some of you guys seem to be on with ridiculous purity tests…
    Your vote and defense of Young begs to different with being a fan of his.
    Purity test?
    Demanding that Republicans honor the constitution is a Purity test?
    Demanding that Republicans stand against LGBTQ from destroying work place environment, schools, businesses is a Purity test?
    Demanding Republicans to be America first is a Purity test?

I'll never compromise on that. There are better people than Young. You choose to support Young over Danny when you had a chance to change things.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Your vote and defense of Young begs to different with being a fan of his.
    Purity test?
    Demanding that Republicans honor the constitution is a Purity test?
    Demanding that Republicans stand against LGBTQ from destroying work place environment, schools, businesses is a Purity test?
    Demanding Republicans to be America first is a Purity test?

I'll never compromise on that. There are better people than Young. You choose to support Young over Danny when you had a chance to change things.

We will have to agree to disagree.
    You compromise every time you vote. It is simply matters of degree…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then you'll always lose. And you'll always be frustrated about it.

The polity of a free society is about crating policies that work for as much of society as possible. People have different temperaments, proclivities, hopes, dreams, goals. I try to get this point across to my SIL who is a progressive activist.

The problem with activism is that a minority of people try to impose their political goals on everyone else. If it's imposed by a minority, it usurps the right of the individuals who disagree with the policy. And that's what is happening now with ClownWorld™.

But there's a conservative version of that where principled people don't want to compromise. Being uncompromising in matters of polity, because other people get a say too, unless you can somehow impose your will on the majority, that's really no different from activism.

Example: three kids want to play together. Two prefer to play tag. But one only wants to play catch, and will not compromise. The other two hate that, but would be open to something else. But the "principled" kid won't compromise. So he goes home alone. And the other two kids play what they want.

Advocacy is better than activism in a free society. Try to convince others that your way is better, but in the end, people won't all agree. And if you don't have the support, at least try to get things closer to your way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I can't put a face on who is in power in dc, but I don't think it's the people in elected offices. At the end of the day I have to wonder if this is all posturing inside the beltway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Another thing about compromise. The ideal compromise would be where you end up closer to your ideal than you were before. Young has been mentioned. I don't think any of us like him. He's not a Democrat. Between Young and a fully certified ClownWorld™ Democrat, Young is better. Evil still. But better.

The time to be rid of people like Young is in the primaries, but I hope the lesson of Mourdock is heeded. Let's not put up our own clowns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom