• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Gaetz and the influencer crowed need to be expelled from the party. We have too many people who have zero strategy, zero thinking, and just demands to move forward.
    Rather ironic couple of statements there. I see little strategy or thinking involved in following one likely knee jerk decision with such a clearly knee jerk response.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted for Danny instead of Young.
    Very happy I did seeing Young continually vote for unconstitutional laws.
    Will do so again, and again until the leftist is voted out.
    Indiana is fickle about their neocons. Put a guy up with a clean shaven face, tight haircut, sharp suit, maybe let him pay homage to a Bible thump or two. Say a few lines about passionate conservatism. And oh, if he was a Marine, holy ****, that dude will make Hoosiers swoon.

Hoosiers are suckers for CoC/Neocons especially if they've ever worn a uniform. Populist/conservatives will need to play the game. Put up a candidate that knows how to play the game. Sounds like George W Bush but when he gets in Congress he quietly votes like--borrowing a phrase from Ingomike--he knows what time it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I love the RINO term nowadays. You can sink a prominent fundraiser, leader, and messenger with democrats at your side and call people a RINO.

You can stand with a self-centered billionaire with a questionable record on core conservative issues and call his haters RINOs.

The people who use it are the once who seem most hell bent on losing the White House in 24 and throwing any political momentum in the trash.

Gaetz and the influencer crowed need to be expelled from the party. We have too many people who have zero strategy, zero thinking, and just demands to move forward. This is how Biden can survive a terrible cycle.
    That's probably true.

I can identify with Gaetz's goals, at least what his professed goals are. I'd like to see the nation get turned around. I'd like to see Republicans go back to being real ass fiscal conservatives. Ditching the establishment nonsense of continuing resolutions and omnibus spending bills. Make a real ass ****ing budget, negotiate it with the WH, line by line, and get it passed.

But, I'm not certain about what game Gaetz is playing. It's not a tactical one that benefits America in the long run, for sure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rather ironic couple of statements there. I see little strategy or thinking involved in following one likely knee jerk decision with such a clearly knee jerk response.
    I dunno. I think Gaetz is a liability at this point. He's great within the faction. Outside of that, everyone hates him. That means he's not going to get anything he wants. Unless what he wants is his own publicity. I'm not convinced that this is not his goal anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why keep voting for Todd Young? He's not even a Hoosier. He's a slimeball from Pennsylvania who couldn't get elected in Pennsylvania so he came here. He's a elitist RINO.

He gives lip service to us as voters and then turns around and votes for stuff that screws us. There's no reason to give him any more votes

While I think all that is true, find a replacement that can win both against him AND then win against Democrats. Like I've said, Indiana is pretty deeply red, but Hoosier conservatives are fickle. I think they like the comfort of voting for rational sounding establishment Neocons.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It shouldn’t be extreme to expect congress to do its job. Gaetz is right in principle but he’s too idealistic for the game being played in DC. It’s only extreme in appearance because he’s in a small minority who want congress to end the omnibus bull **** and go back to real ass budgeting.

Gaetz’s mistake is painting himself and his few allies into the image his opponent have depicted. He’s not statesman enough to pull that off. In the end he is the straw monster they’ve made of him and the omnibus fanbois are as strong as ever. He won nothing.
    A pattern here, nobody doing the what I want is ever good enough for you…

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I dunno. I think Gaetz is a liability at this point. He's great within the faction. Outside of that, everyone hates him. That means he's not going to get anything he wants. Unless what he wants is his own publicity. I'm not convinced that this is not his goal anyway.
    Gaetz may or may not be a liability at this point but that's not really relevant to my comment. Posting an emotional outburst about expelling him from the party and then immediately following it by insinuating that no one else is capable of strategy or thinking is ironic.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    How does enabling the Democrat help the situation? You're tired of compromise so you're actively seeking nothing over settling for something? That's all or nothing thinking and not conducive to positive outcomes.

Sure, those are great reasons to vote against him in the Primary. How exactly is electing a Democrat in the General in anyway better? Do you really think the Democrat will be more in line with what you want or are you just throwing a political tantrum?
    Oh I wouldn't vote for a Democrat either but I don't vote for Young when I do vote.

Saying that a Democrat would be more in line with what I think is a stupid comment. Of course they wouldn't why would you think they would be why would I think they would be? Of course they wouldn't. But if Indiana Republicans were serious about being conservatives they would have a better option than that slimy bugger

He's a McConnell loving establishment RINO. He does what they tell him to do and if he had an original thought that went through his head it'd be the fastest trip ever

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I love the RINO term nowadays. You can sink a prominent fundraiser, leader, and messenger with democrats at your side and call people a RINO.

You can stand with a self-centered billionaire with a questionable record on core conservative issues and call his haters RINOs.

The people who use it are the once who seem most hell bent on losing the White House in 24 and throwing any political momentum in the trash.

Gaetz and the influencer crowed need to be expelled from the party. We have too many people who have zero strategy, zero thinking, and just demands to move forward. This is how Biden can survive a terrible cycle.
    Those needing to be expelled are those that do not believe in the party vision and it’s planks…

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    To be honest I'm not sure voting is even worth it anymore. Terrible choices for candidates, shenanigans behind the scenes when it comes to vote counting and the way the government is dysfunctional as well as its hostility toward Americans. I'm beginning to think there's no way for us to vote ourselves out of the mess we're in. Just my opinion it ain't worth the paper it's printed on.

If there is one constant it's this - gun owners are to Republicans what blacks are to Democrats. They think we are a reliable voting block and we will always vote for them. Maybe that's the problem. I'm not saying you have to vote Democrat but maybe you don't have to vote for people like Todd Young

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We all have to live together. Different factions. With different goals. That necessarily means compromise.

You're frustrated that compromises never go your way. But that's because you don't know how to play that game. Populist/conservatives don't know how not to come off as dimwits. I'm not saying they are dimwits. They're not. But that's how they're portrayed, and they don't usually have the communication skills to advocate their goals, while not looking like the caricatures of themselves.

Point is, you can't have it your way because you're a minority. Everyone hates Gaetz. Except populist conservatives. For example. If populist conservatives want the compromises to go their way, they need to do a much better job of convincing America that they're the good guys. But, it's too easy to make America believe they're not.
    Sadly on point. That said in reality it is not the actions of Gaetz wing that are so different than other politicians but that the left controls the media/narrative that no matter what they do it will have a negative spin…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A pattern here, nobody doing the what I want is ever good enough for you…
    It's good enough when it achieves results. So no. Not achieving results is not good enough for me. What did Gaetz accomplish? It's not like the next speaker will be to Gaetz liking. No one in congress wants that except the fuddie duddie caucus. Play the game. Make creating a real ass budget great again.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    That's probably true.

I can identify with Gaetz's goals, at least what his professed goals are. I'd like to see the nation get turned around. I'd like to see Republicans go back to being real ass fiscal conservatives. Ditching the establishment nonsense of continuing resolutions and omnibus spending bills. Make a real ass ****ing budget, negotiate it with the WH, line by line, and get it passed.

But, I'm not certain about what game Gaetz is playing. It's not a tactical one that benefits America in the long run, for sure.
    Gaetz is about brand. Personal brand. Zero substance. He is a big part of the reason we didn’t get a better deal last week.

We have a country mile between the two parties ideologically and people on here act like unless you spout the rightmost opinion, you’re basically a Democrat. Insane to me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh I wouldn't vote for a Democrat either but I don't vote for Young when I do vote.

Saying that a Democrat would be more in line with what I think is a stupid comment. Of course they wouldn't why would you think they would be why would I think they would be? Of course they wouldn't. But if Indiana Republicans were serious about being conservatives they would have a better option than that slimy bugger

He's a McConnell loving establishment RINO. He does what they tell him to do and if he had an original thought that went through his head it'd be the fastest trip ever
    You guys that say this are ignoring the reality that Indiana is not as conservative as you think it is…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly on point. That said in reality it is not the actions of Gaetz wing that are so different than other politicians but that the left controls the media/narrative that no matter what they do it will have a negative spin…

I like what Gaetz is advocating for at least superficially. I don't know if he's being straight up or is just being self-interested. But, advocating for, say, a balanced budget without all the continuing resolution/omnibus Hobson's choice ********, I agree with him. But by taking this course, he has put himself and his faction in a ring under the tent with Democrats pointing fingers at the clowns and laughing at them. And with Neocons stearnly looking down their noses at the "traitors".

Top Bottom