• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Okay. I'm not even gonna quibble about what is "liberty" about the scoring. I'll just assume it at face value.

So then the best thing to do is primary his ass with a candidate you like, but one who can beat the Democrat among fickle Neocon Hoosiers.

Short of that, it's a vote for 52% or 0%. Those are exactly the two choices. Which is higher?
    I was just trying to find the 78% thing being discussed...this is the only thing I could find from a "right" pov. Just posted it to get an actual record into the mix. Conservative review seems to be a non-neocon type of group from following them on the old twitter, and figured they'd have the most damning of his record. I don't personally like Young, but he was unopposed last go round so :dunno: .

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I get that you're saying that. I'm saying you're incorrect. Compromise is a fact of life. Taking your football home means you're not even playing in the game that's being played. We have re-education camps on the table because humans are highly hackable. When all the possible choices lead to re-education camps, the underlying problem is actually apparent. It has nothing to do with whether you take your football and go home, or not.
    So compromising away our constitution and the bill of rights is okay?
    Maybe for you but not for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I get that you're saying that. I'm saying you're incorrect. Compromise is a fact of life. Taking your football home means you're not even playing in the game that's being played. We have re-education camps on the table because humans are highly hackable. When all the possible choices lead to re-education camps, the underlying problem is actually apparent. It has nothing to do with whether you take your football and go home, or not.
    The problem is not compromising. It's always predicating the solution on progressive/leftists arguments. The republicans have always done that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is my disconnect. The least-bad option may or may not meet my threshold of acceptable.

Lets say I have a bright line issue. It's up or down, I don't support it. We will call it detestable issue x. If there's a dude advocating for the wholesale acceptance of detestable issue x, and another guy saying he only supports the implementation of detestable issue x/2, I am under zero obligation to support x/2 guy just because hes the best available candidate. He still supports the detestable issue.

You claim that my failure to support x/2 is equivalent to supporting x just because x/2 ended up losing. That is incorrect. I didn't support the issue at all. The outcome is NOT my responsibility, it is the responsibility of those that supported x.

X/2 doesn't reverse the course. X/2 doesn't stop the train. X/2 slow-walks the path to the same end. If you are scared of that outcome, and you prefer to punt, then slowing it down makes sense. If you prefer to establish boundaries and then stick to your scruples, you will find a sense of freedom that is impossible to achieve with unlimited compromise.

Fact of the matter, Ingomike, is that you probably have a bright line as well. It's just a lot further down the list than the others you ridicule. Eternal compromise is a spineless endeavor.
    Life is not a single issue. Those ”bright line issues” are all shades of gray…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I proved it was true by linking people to his 78% voting with democrats leading upto the election. Yet you and the other Young fans refused to accept it.
    This is just not true. Young votes with Biden 47.8% of the time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the following Democrats are Republicans by your standards as they have similar voting record as Young.
    Joe Manchin. 87.9%
    Tammy Baldwin. 95.5%
    Edward Markey. 97.0%
    Jon Tester. 91.0%
    Peter Welch. Who is this?
    Above the percentage they voted with Biden. Young was 47.8%. Poppycock there is no difference…

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I thought this thread was about the Speaker of the House. Oh well…does prove my point about the attention span of the average voter. They need to add Ritalin to those chemtrails.

:):

Meanwhile…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is just not true. Young votes with Biden 47.8% of the time.

This 118th he's 50% before election he was 27% so not 78% Democrat voter but 73% my mistake I was off by 5%.
    I already listed all his bad votes before election all of them on this forum for you personally. Have you forgotten them?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Apparently according to GOP conference rules Trump could not remain in any leadership role. He would have to step aside even if by chance he would become speaker.

Rule 26 of the GOP Conference states, "A member of the Republican Leadership shall step aside if indicted for a felony for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed."

Top Bottom