• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where the hell is Lauren Boebert! Indiana wasn’t represented as well, looks like I’ll be voting Libertarian for the most part. Done voting for rinos.
    I fully expected to Boebert and Greene on that list, but thankfully our Hoosiers had some common sense.

[your user name certain fits]
    Democrats don't need to rig votes - republicans do just fine at throwing away elections because the choices aren't Xtreme! enough for them. That's why Biden won - because Deomcratic voters have enough common sense, "Well, Biden isn't what I want, but if I don't vote, we'll get Trump."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There's an election coming up, and why should the American public trust these incompetent and petulant boobs with the White House or anything else?
    Meh. Only political junkies really care about this. The American public has the attention span of a gnat, and it's a long way til next November. How many of the voters even knew who the Speaker of the House was yesterday?

Besides, to quote a famous operative, "It's the economy, stupid."

:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Meh. Only political junkies really care about this. The American public has the attention span of a gnat, and it's a long way til next November. How many of the voters even knew who the Speaker of the House was yesterday?

Besides, to quote a famous operative, "It's the economy, stupid."

:)
    The American public look at these clowns as a bunch of morons in meat-suits (or a hoodie in shorts for Fetterman), and rightly so.

Even the basics obligations seem to elude them (e.g. passing a budget, even if imperfect). Kindergartners on the playground know how to play together better than these buffoons; and there's less name calling.

Give me ranked choice voting, right meow! We don't more hyper-partisan ****heads in Congress, we need less!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not my wife. SMH. (topic of dinner conversation)

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Where the hell is Lauren Boebert! Indiana wasn’t represented as well, looks like I’ll be voting Libertarian for the most part. Done voting for rinos.
    Well hopefully this won't be the last time you'll be able to cast a "Stick it to The Man" vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it just me, or is the word "traitor" tossed out by conservatives as freely as "racist" is by liberals?

Personally, I wouldn't call them traitors, but I would use "moron". It's certainly a very myopic strategy that hurts their cause in the long run; all they've done is help the Democrats.

There's an election coming up, and why should the American public trust these incompetent and petulant boobs with the White House or anything else?

They call it politics for a reason. It’s a ****ty game, and there will be consequences. What now? Who do they think is going to lead?

I may be wrong, but I think it will ultimately make the RINOs stronger and Gaetz’s faction weaker because this move helps confirm the claims of Democrats and CoC/Neocons that these congressmen are indeed extremists. If Gaetz were a better politician maybe he could have pulled it off without harming himself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This was probably part of the plan. Those who are vulnerable in their districts Needed to stay out of this.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. You're upset that the Republicans didn't give you everything you want so you're going to waste your votes on people that have little chance to win and are not likely to give you any more of what you want than the Republicans you're upset about, thus helping the Democrats, who are not only unlikely to give you what you want but are likely to take what you have, get elected?

I guess I just don't see the value in throwing such a political tantrum. It sure does help explain why we are where we're at though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I fully expected to Boebert and Greene on that list, but thankfully our Hoosiers had some common sense.

[your user name certain fits]
    Democrats don't need to rig votes - republicans do just fine at throwing away elections because the choices aren't Xtreme! enough for them. That's why Biden won - because Deomcratic voters have enough common sense, "Well, Biden isn't what I want, but if I don't vote, we'll get Trump."
    It shouldn’t be extreme to expect congress to do its job. Gaetz is right in principle but he’s too idealistic for the game being played in DC. It’s only extreme in appearance because he’s in a small minority who want congress to end the omnibus bull **** and go back to real ass budgeting.

Gaetz’s mistake is painting himself and his few allies into the image his opponent have depicted. He’s not statesman enough to pull that off. In the end he is the straw monster they’ve made of him and the omnibus fanbois are as strong as ever. He won nothing.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. You're upset that the Republicans didn't give you everything you want so you're going to waste your votes on people that have little chance to win and are not likely to give you any more of what you want than the Republicans you're upset about, thus helping the Democrats, who are not only unlikely to give you what you want but are likely to take what you have, get elected?

I guess I just don't see the value in throwing such a political tantrum. It sure does help explain why we are where we're at though.
    Disagree, we are where we are at because of democrats hating America and Republicans in democrat clothes. Hardly from people who want the best for our Country and who are sick of compromise.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I voted for Danny instead of Young.
    Very happy I did seeing Young continually vote for unconstitutional laws.
    Will do so again, and again until the leftist is voted out.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

Why keep voting for Todd Young? He's not even a Hoosier. He's a slimeball from Pennsylvania who couldn't get elected in Pennsylvania so he came here. He's a elitist RINO.

He gives lip service to us as voters and then turns around and votes for stuff that screws us. There's no reason to give him any more votes

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I love the RINO term nowadays. You can sink a prominent fundraiser, leader, and messenger with democrats at your side and call people a RINO.

You can stand with a self-centered billionaire with a questionable record on core conservative issues and call his haters RINOs.

The people who use it are the once who seem most hell bent on losing the White House in 24 and throwing any political momentum in the trash.

Gaetz and the influencer crowed need to be expelled from the party. We have too many people who have zero strategy, zero thinking, and just demands to move forward. This is how Biden can survive a terrible cycle.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Disagree, we are where we are at because of democrats hating America and Republicans in democrat clothes. Hardly from people who want the best for our Country and who are sick of compromise.
    How does enabling the Democrat help the situation? You're tired of compromise so you're actively seeking nothing over settling for something? That's all or nothing thinking and not conducive to positive outcomes.

Why keep voting for Todd Young? He's not even a Hoosier. He's a slimeball from Pennsylvania who couldn't get elected in Pennsylvania so he came here. He's a elitist RINO.

He gives lip service to us as voters and then turns around and votes for stuff that screws us. There's no reason to give him any more votes
    Sure, those are great reasons to vote against him in the Primary. How exactly is electing a Democrat in the General in anyway better? Do you really think the Democrat will be more in line with what you want or are you just throwing a political tantrum?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

We all have to live together. Different factions. With different goals. That necessarily means compromise.

You're frustrated that compromises never go your way. But that's because you don't know how to play that game. Populist/conservatives don't know how not to come off as dimwits. I'm not saying they are dimwits. They're not. But that's how they're portrayed, and they don't usually have the communication skills to advocate their goals, while not looking like the caricatures of themselves.

Point is, you can't have it your way because you're a minority. Everyone hates Gaetz. Except populist conservatives. For example. If populist conservatives want the compromises to go their way, they need to do a much better job of convincing America that they're the good guys. But, it's too easy to make America believe they're not.

Top Bottom