• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Also from the article: "Attorneys representing the Farook family didn't immediately return calls for comment."

What does this mean? Journalists always write stuff like this. Did they return calls 5 minutes later? The next day? Not at all? And if "not at all", why include "immediately"? Sorry... pet peeve of mine. :ranton:

In my experience, journalists use this whether they've given 5 minutes or 5 hours. And yes, sometimes it is only 5 minutes. The message goes like this, "Mr. Lex. I'm Cindy McBeardless with the Indianapolis News. I'm afraid I'm on deadline, and I need to get the story to my editor in 5 minutes. If you have a comment for my story on dinosaurs, call me back right away. Thanks."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In my experience, journalists use this whether they've given 5 minutes or 5 hours. And yes, sometimes it is only 5 minutes. The message goes like this, "Mr. Lex. I'm Cindy McBeardless with the Indianapolis News. I'm afraid I'm on deadline, and I need to get the story to my editor in 5 minutes. If you have a comment for my story on dinosaurs, call me back right away. Thanks."
    So it's a CYA thing for the benefit of their editor? Like, "Hey, I tried!" :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Yes, and I've had them take the voice-mail option when I am sitting right at my desk...I suppose because they didn't really want a comment, but their "ethics" require contact.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    Three men tried to stop San Bernardino attack, report finds | Fox News

"These victims had no chance to protect themselves as a result of the callous perpetration of violence, while others heroically sacrificed themselves in an attempt to stop the shooting," U.S. Attorney Eileen Decker

Others would say the victims had no chance to protect themselves as a result of a state mandated gun free zone which rendered them easy targets and further empowered the thugs, you worthless piece %&!?$@#+^&@!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The US Attorney was correct.

...a state mandated gun free zone...
    certainly counts as a callous perpetration of violence.

When you boil the law down to its most basic essence, it's about the application of violence. Who it gets applied to, who gets to apply it ("the State").

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Seems like a reasonable response then....

The reasonable thing to do would be to ban Christmas. Common sense regulations.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The great Irony is that they called it a "Holiday" party because they already had removed "Christmas" from the title.

Well, to be fair and good people we need to just remove any party however remotely associated with that traditional party time of year.
    Maybe only have a party around the end May to June or something. (not cinco de mayo or may day.... etc.)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well, to be fair and good people we need to just remove any party however remotely associated with that traditional party time of year.
    Maybe only have a party around the end May to June or something. (not cinco de mayo or may day.... etc.)
    Definitely not around the first week of July before the 5th because I hear the people that celebrate then are racist kkk members

Top Bottom