• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Obama can talk about guns all he wants. The day that an EO comes out that has a serious impact on gun owners is the day that impeachment proceedings begin. His legacy sucks already. Does he really want to make it worse?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They just love to push this idiotic "gun show loophole" meme as if whatever that is will fix anything. It's a "we gotta do something just so we can say we did something" reaction that's akin to banning Chinese throwing stars and switchblades.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Does anyone have the radicalized islamic terrorists address in Redlands? :dunno:
    Or at least can pinpoint that general neighborhood? My brother used to live there but moved because the gangs and druggies were taking over and he was just curious to know.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think they are referring to a private sales as a "gun show loop hole." I'm guessing, Who really knows what the latestest progressive media terminology is or means. :dunno:

Of course they are, because a "gun show" sounds so much scarier than "private transfer".

Nevermind that almost no private transfers happen at gun shows (because getting a table at a gun show costs money, and thus only economically viable when selling firearms commercially, which requires an FFL). Nevermind that the vast majority of private transfers happen in everyday, mundane places that have nothing to do with gun shows. Nevermind that criminals get their firearms from gun shows about 0.5% of the time.

My new favorite, though, is the "terrorist no-fly list loophole" now being pushed.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Of course they are, because a "gun show" sounds so much scarier than "private transfer".

Nevermind that almost no private transfers happen at gun shows (because getting a table at a gun show costs money, and thus only economically viable when selling firearms commercially, which requires an FFL). Nevermind that the vast majority of private transfers happen in everyday, mundane places that have nothing to do with gun shows. Nevermind that criminals get their firearms from gun shows about 0.5% of the time.

My new favorite, though, is the "terrorist no-fly list loophole" now being pushed.

I posted this earlier.

If they want to close "the gun show loophole", they would need to start a gun registration. FOPA forbids registration. Maybe we need to start a push on social media to repeal the Firearms Owners Protection Act in its entirety. Any law that protects firearms owners must be bad. Should be an easy sell to the sheep of the left.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Did he really say you can make an AR full auto by pushing a button with a bullet?

He actually said it was legal for manufacturers to make rifles with a bullet button that you can push and make the rifle full auto.

This is true, it is legal for manufacturers to make weapons with selector levers that make the weapon safe, semi-auto or full- auto. Although it is not legal for them to sell one to me. they make and sell them to military and law enforcement.

The way he said it sounded like anyone could buy one and use it.

Like the old saying goes, it;s all in the way you tell the joke.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think we ought to legislate for pregnancy control. You cannot have a child unless you are able to demostrate you are a responsible adult with a trade or profession that is likely to be sufficient to support a child. Can't do that? No child license.

That would stop 90% of the gun crime in America.

Have a child without a license: no access to entitlements.

Undocumented alien giving birth in the USA: no citizenship without a license. No entitlements.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I think they are referring to a private sales as a "gun show loop hole." I'm guessing, Who really knows what the latestest progressive media terminology is or means. :dunno:

I think they are referring to the "private sale" guys that have a table or two full of bulk rifkes they bought in the 80's or 90's.
    There were always those types at show when I lived in IN. I think that is what thye mean. However I think that practice is legal based on state and federal laws so........

But those are few and far between. Enforce what we have and then get back to me.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I think we ought to legislate for pregnancy control. You cannot have a child unless you are able to demostrate you are a responsible adult with a trade or profession that is likely to be sufficient to support a child. Can't do that? No child license.

We seem to be required to have a license(s) for just about everything else.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

That would stop 90% of the gun crime in America.

Have a child without a license: no access to entitlements.

Undocumented alien giving birth in the USA: no citizenship without a license. No entitlements.

Sounds as though you and Maggie Sanger would get along just fine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Only if she has a baby license. :rockwoot:

I'm not proposing birth control here (although, short of abortion, I believe in it).

This is economic control, which you John Birchers ought to be able to get behind.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Immigrants of the mindset we need in America.

[video=youtube;eZo4hbGJjVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZo4hbGJjVI[/video]

The kind of tyranny he is warning of would be heaven on Earth to the progressives in government, media and academia. Until they're the ones getting shot and thrown in a ditch...

With all the gun control sabre rattling, at least the gun shop owners are going to have a merry Christmas.

Mine is.

Top Bottom