• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah this idiotic meme gets blown out of the water when you bring up the fact that there isn't anything close to those gun related violent incidences occurring in states with "lax gun laws" So there must be other reasons why these acts are occurring more frequently in states with strict gun control laws. Hmm...Wonder what it could be?

Population density may have more to do with the statistics than whatever gun control laws they have. Especially in larger cities the people who don't carry outnumber the people who do by a lot. That may change as more and more citizens arm themselves.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really, I find it all the time at 29 cpr off AIM Surplus

1000rds at 28.95 cpr

WOLF GOLD .223/5.56X45 55grn FMJ 20rd box

I could find it, but for most of the ammo I buy anymore, I don't buy in bulk or online. When I'm at Walmart or Cabela's or anywhere else that sells ammo, I look to see if there's a deal on stuff, and buy a box or 4 or 5. Sometimes I come across a descent deal, like $6.49/box of some brand or other. Usually it's ~ 7.99. I don't get to shoot a lot of 5.56 so I'm often not that motivated to buy it at that price.

If I lived where I had enough land to set up a descent long range, I'd probably just reload and shoot every day.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If there was any doubt that ADHD has infected our species.......

0b2d4aa87c70b16d91584aa68e2da39b.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What police found in suspects’ garage:

• 12 pipe bomb type devices
    • Hundreds of tools
    • 2000 9 mm rounds
    • 2500 .223 rounds

Amateur!

Well except for the pipe bombs, but I do have bunch of mole traps if that counts.

Also noticed that they weren't able to find any 22 ammo either. Perhaps they flipped all their 22 ammo to fund their jihad.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    :facepalm:

Not as in "Masters Degree". The change involves the title of heads of residential housing. They'll no longer be officially referred to as "master".

Yep. If you have heard of boarding schools having a "headmaster" house master is something similar. Basically, Harvard divides it's undergraduates among residential houses. The residential houses have house masters, who are faculty. Houses are a major part of the Harvard undergraduate experience. Think of them as somewhere between a dorm and a fraternity. At commencement in May, while the graduate students are grouped together by their school (e.g. Medical School, Law School, etc), the undergrads march in grouped together by their house (e.g. Kirkland, Quincy, etc).

The house master is essentially the head of the residential house, and also serves as way for students to interact with faculty in a non-classroom environment. It is actually a kind of cool system, and I wish more universities would adopt it. The term is a throwback from the British school system. From what I have read, several house masters were personally uncomfortable with being referred to as master, so it was an easy (an unanimous) call.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Yep. If you have heard of boarding schools having a "headmaster" house master is something similar. Basically, Harvard divides it's undergraduates among residential houses. The residential houses have house masters, who are faculty. Houses are a major part of the Harvard undergraduate experience. Think of them as somewhere between a dorm and a fraternity. At commencement in May, while the graduate students are grouped together by their school (e.g. Medical School, Law School, etc), the undergrads march in grouped together by their house (e.g. Kirkland, Quincy, etc).

The house master is essentially the head of the residential house, and also serves as way for students to interact with faculty in a non-classroom environment. It is actually a kind of cool system, and I wish more universities would adopt it. The term is a throwback from the British school system. From what I have read, several house masters were personally uncomfortable with being referred to as master, so it was an easy (an unanimous) call.
    Sounds like it's similar to an "RA", Resident Assistant, a student employed by the school to pretty much help other students in his residence area and provide a first point of contact between the residents and the administration. There are also staff residents who are the next up in the chain of command and supervise the resident assistants. Sounds like a house master is part of faculty rather than an employed student, but the purpose seems similar.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    California shooter used social media to contact extremists under FBI scrutiny.

CBS also reporting suspects were looking at ISIS propaganda online

"a cell phone recovered from Malik’s body was newly purchased & had had been used only recently"…"SUV was rented 3 days ahead of the attack"

"investigators have already tracked down at least 4 individuals from LA area who were previously under some sort of investigation by counter-terrorism officials and have had some sort of communication with Farook"

Top Bottom