• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Why should the mayor of Colorado Springs say anything about this?But for the record, I agree that everybody seems to be afraid to make the assumption that seems most plausible. As long as you make clear one isn't asserting it as fact, I don't see the issue.
    I can tell you law enforcement is investigating a number of possibilities, but will totally focus primarily on what seems likely - a act of terrorism by a radicalized Muslim.

That was only one example, there are numerous people online, "friends" , politician (huckabee), etc, that were quickly to jump on the PP attack and call it domestic terrorism, trying to say that we shouldnt be affraid of Syrian refugees because we have white domestic terrorists here.

Yet, still nothing of that nature for this one .... yet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As far as I know Murder is illegal in California. How many more laws do we need if someone can't follow that simple Thou Shall Not Kill?

That's what I tell people who pine for stronger gun control. I tell them we already have the most stringent gun control laws we could have and that any more aren't going to have any different effect. It's already illegal in every state to harm people with any weapon.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am not-so-secretly hoping that this incident - and the PP one, frankly - can move the needle more towards constitutional carry. If this lone wolf scenario is catching on, we need more shepherds who can shoot back.

A boy can dream.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am not-so-secretly hoping that this incident - and the PP one, frankly - can move the needle more towards constitutional carry. If this lone wolf scenario is catching on, we need more shepherds who can shoot back.

A boy can dream.

How hard is it to get a conceal carry in California? New York hard?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

A boy can dream.
    Hypothetical:

Would you trade submitting to universal background checks for nationwide constitutional carry?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Fox_zpsodyjel63.jpg

CCC_zpsfvfbuwjn.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    JUST IN: Shooting suspect Syed Farook had traveled to Saudi Arabia to apparently attend Hajj pilgrimage, intelligence source tells CBS News.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What are the chances in the 3 hour chase that they uploaded video from their cameras? Think an ISIS/Al Quaeda site will have it online in the next couple days?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hypothetical:

Would you trade submitting to universal background checks for nationwide constitutional carry?

Oof.

Me, personally... wow. I haven't thought it all the way through, but I probably would if there was a way I could do a NICS check for a personal sale. Not sure why that isn't possible, from a tech standpoint. I get the purchaser's details, fill in an online form, if I haven't heard back in 3 days, I make the sale after confirming the ID. I'm not required to keep a receipt.

I see the potential problem with de facto gun registration, but the personal value of being able to carry everywhere (generally) is compelling to me. I'll have to think about that more.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    How hard is it to get a conceal carry in California? New York hard?

From what I understand, it depends on the county. A friend of mine near LA says you have to be a celebrity (and my friend is wealthy, but not famous).

Total internet rumor is that this county where the shooting occurred is "shall issue". But I'd be surprised if the building wasn't a gun-free zone. And even then, the pistols many of us carry would be illegal in the state of California.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

This makes me wonder if the couple were making preparations for an attack but maybe the husband, incensed by some real or perceived thing, put the plan into premature action. That might explain the apparent dis-jointed nature of the event, like IED's that didn't work, making a hasty escape, but then staying in the vicinity to be found by cops.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hypothetical:

Federal UBC? No. That's not an enumerated power delegated by the people and the states to the feds. No more unconstitutional laws to restore unconstitutional infringements.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    JUST IN: Shooting suspect Syed Farook had traveled to Saudi Arabia to apparently attend Hajj pilgrimage, intelligence source tells CBS News.

One must not assume that this guy went to Saudi Arabia, and then became radicalized. He was his Hajj pilgrimage, which every Muslim is supposed to do. He may have been radicalized prior to, but needed to get his pilgrimage requirement in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hypothetical:

No. Background checks implement mostly arbitrary criteria that can't possibly predict which previously law abiding citizens will break and become violent.

Certainly, some behavior is predictive. If you've been incarcerated several times for violence, you're probably going to repeat that. I'm okay with not letting people legally own firearms who have a history of violence, but what would stop them from owning firearms illegally?

The best case against background checks is how many of these shooters have purchased their weapons as law abiding citizens. Sure, some have shown signs of mental illness prior to the act. But which signs of mental illness are reliable indicators that they will someday snap and cause harm?

Top Bottom