• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Unleash the dogs of war?
    Just don't caught on camera. Then to put it on the net? Geez!
    Morons or stress? Psy-Ops? Fighting a battle on equal terms.
    Do you know what happens to our soldiers captured and/or killed?
    I really don't care what they do to the enemy but have more sense than to put it on camera without hiding your identy.
    The Taliban representative said it wouldn't alter the peace talks. Why wouldn't he say that? They're just waiting for us to pull out so they can go back to business as usual.
    In a couple of years it will be just the same as it was when we went in to take these brown finger arse hats out to start with.
    Politically correct wars are why we're losing troops to start with.
    Turn them loose and get out of the way. FIght a war without rules or don't fight the danged thing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Personally, I would be willing to bet. That the Individuals in the Video get sent to a Military Correctional Facility for a 2 year stint, and Dishonorable Discharge with loss of all benefits. The NCO in charge of this team will be reduced at least one rank and loose half of 2 months pay, If he did not participate in the event. The Lt in charge will receive a Career ending Letter of Reprimand...

Any takers... :popcorn:
    You would know better than I, I'll trust your insight on this.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    When you are alone you can get away with doing things you would never do with someone watching. You can do stupid, irresponsible things, and no one else will ever know. But those decisions you make, and the things you do that no one else sees – that is who you are.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    When you are alone you can get away with doing things you would never do with someone watching. You can do stupid, irresponsible things, and no one else will ever know. But those decisions you make, and the things you do that no one else sees – that is who you are.
    True to a point IMHO.
    That is also who you become. You adapt to survive and deal with the horrors you face and go to sleep with every night.
    I see these "KIDS" that a year before going into harms way that were working on cars, booming stereos, chasing little cuties, and hanging out at the mall with drawers hanging down to their knees being stupid.
    They're not brought up or trained to face these situations. Give them some military training in the Guard or Reserves and then send them off to do dirty deeds they can only imagine.
    I see what happened to our children when they return from these deployments. It's not the same kids that left here.
    It will take a while to deal with the things they've seen and done. I don't know if it ever heals but most can adjust back to civilian life when it's all said and done.
    Hopefully it's possible to be all said and done at some point. This war may never end given the enemy we're fighting. This one isn't a war I'd want to have to fight but I have a feeling in some form or another I will have to deal with it. We all may have to deal with it. I fear it's going to be a lot worse than a couple thousand people dying when a couple of buildings collapse.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Looks like several idiots are going to be served the Big Chicken Dinner. That kind of stuff absolutely will not be tolerated. The 1SGT and likely the Lt will be done as well.

Guys have been processed out for much less.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Of course it was stupid video taping this incident. And I'm sure these men will receive punishment for it. However, I'm reminded of a quote that seems appropriate here:

[FONT=&quot]There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army[/FONT]

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Looks like several idiots are going to be served the Big Chicken Dinner. That kind of stuff absolutely will not be tolerated. The 1SGT and likely the Lt will be done as well.

Guys have been processed out for much less.
    I highly doubt the 1st Shirt will suffer do to this. Definitely the Team Leader, Possibly the Squadleader, Doubtfully the Platoon Sergeant. That is depending on whether they were in the AO or not of coarse...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I highly doubt the 1st Shirt will suffer do to this. Definitely the Team Leader, Possibly the Squadleader, Doubtfully the Platoon Sergeant. That is depending on whether they were in the AO or not of coarse...

Depends on the Colonel as well. Some will put up with more stuff than others.

My brother was thisclose to being Captain of the company when he was in Okinawa, due to some drinking and hazing.

They decided to deny the Captain and Lts their career designation instead and let them finish up their deployment.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    What happens to the bodies of our fallen warriors? I am sure that they are all treated with the utmost respect by the radical islamists who blew them up from a safe distance or shot at them from behind civilians (if there is such a thing in the mid-east) or from the windows of occupied residences. I am not going to pass judgement on the marines who are now in a lot of hot water. I was not there. I do not know what the dead guys did to deserve dying, but I suspect that there was a pretty good reason behind it. Why do we always have to be the good guys and take the high road. Do they respect the Christian and Jewish religions? Let these guys go with a slap on the hand and maybe a letter in their file. Our crappy leaders in their stupid attempt to fight a war with political correctness are making our proud militaries into jokes. Our enemies are probably just sitting back and laughing because they get what they want when we "offend" them. They are probably going to win because our leaders are too stupid to see what is actually going on or even worse do not care. Our enemies are just chip, chip, chipping away.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Depends on the Colonel as well. Some will put up with more stuff than others.

My brother was thisclose to being Captain of the company when he was in Okinawa, due to some drinking and hazing.

They decided to deny the Captain and Lts their career designation instead and let them finish up their deployment.
    True the Cpt and the LT Career is done, along with the 1SG and probably the PlSGT also. However, I doubt they will get BCD...

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    But the news is just now breaking and the media is going to go nuts on this.

It'll be interesting to see how much media buzz develops on this and HOW LONG it lasts now that Mr. Obama is Commander in Chief. Remember that the New York Times ran 32 SUCCESSIVE front page articles on Abu Ghraib back in 2006.

I'd bet that GOP hit pieces run on the front page of the NYT over the next 32 days... & this story might get one or two, then buried below the fold on page 16 for a couple days, then gone forever.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Heck,
    Our own govt has no respect for the body parts of our own servicemen so why should they act like they give a darn about enemy combatants remains.
    What are they afraid of? Pissing someone off we're trying to kill off anyway?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmmm, some say, "The video does not tell the whole story." "You don't know what happened right before this." "You don't know what they've been through." The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. They are professionals, they represent the entire Nation abroad. Act like it. The whole world sees this and we suffer because of it.

They unzipped their pants?
    Bad move by those guys. They shouldn't be drummed out of the service, but they need to be disciplined.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Hmmm, some say, "The video does not tell the whole story." "You don't know what happened right before this." "You don't know what they've been through." The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. They are professionals, they represent the entire Nation abroad. Act like it. The whole world sees this and we suffer because of it.

mmmm .....I could say the same thing about our police force here in the states............to enslave and punish ......... it just a joke right .....

Top Bottom