• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    if a Haji stepped out, killed 2-3 of your team members then dropped his weapon knowing that you're not SUPPOSED to shoot him, but rather take him into custody....you're telling me that you wouldn't think twice about seeking revenge only minutes after your closest friends die.....BS..............guys I know don't play that BS...it was always agreed we don't push on past an injured on the ground to come back for them like we're "supposed" to......we walk by, last man in line finishes the deed so nobody "knew" anything....why?? nobody felt like getting shot in the back by someone you were gonna try to help...even though a few minutes ago they were trying to kill you

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    the actions may not be ethical on the surface......but don't judge the character of a man based on a few seconds long video in which you have no idea what they were going through only minutes prior........unbecoming? yes......would I have done it? if he just killed my best friend or 15 of my guys...I wouldn't think twice...he got what he deserved...............I may not believe in or trust our government or "support the war" in that sense...but I sure as hell support the men/women fighting it......to me, this is an incredibly petty action to even bother trying to disgrace someone's name/career with......Abu Graib was WELL documented and verifiable and it was in a prison...under a controlled environment....these guys are in the middle of a war...those on the ground were likely trying to kill them only minutes prior.....if they felt a little resentment at the moment I think that's very excusable.............point is, it's all assumptions at this point anyway.....we don't know the whole story and likely never will....but I can tell you NO officer is going to let it fly if they were in the wrong for anything...they'll likely loose pay for while, maybe rank.....but for what....resenting a man who was trying to kill them....they're only human........they get punished for that

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    beside the fact of war, these boys probably losing some brothers, and the politics/religious aspect here, lets not forget that marines are a bunch of crazy, blood spilling, trigger pulling fools that get bored.. if you got a platoon of marines sitting around, give it ten minutes and they will be throwing rocks at each other. in the field when waiting for training, they do stupid things like see who can drink a bottle of hot sauce faster, smoke an entire pack of cigs all at once, kick each other in the flak for fun, and other stupid ****... so my personal guess is; knowing that marines are consumate professionals who are highly trained and educated on how OPSEC, the media, and liberal b.s., these boys were just jacking around and killing time til they got another chance to kill some more Haji's, Mujahideen, Al Quaeda!!!! tired of hearing about how unjust and wrong the actions of or men on the line are... let them do their job and keep your mouth shut about it America
    Semper fi

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    In order to be consistent, reactions should be the same in this instance as they were for the military member who spoke at a Ron Paul rally.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In order to be consistent, reactions should be the same in this instance as they were for the military member who spoke at a Ron Paul rally.

im not sure i follow.. what was said/done at the ron paul rally? and what is this talk of reactions?? public reaction, reactions of the marines in question? please expound on your post

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    if a Haji stepped out, killed 2-3 of your team members then dropped his weapon knowing that you're not SUPPOSED to shoot him, but rather take him into custody....you're telling me that you wouldn't think twice about seeking revenge only minutes after your closest friends die.....BS..............guys I know don't play that BS...it was always agreed we don't push on past an injured on the ground to come back for them like we're "supposed" to......we walk by, last man in line finishes the deed so nobody "knew" anything....why?? nobody felt like getting shot in the back by someone you were gonna try to help...even though a few minutes ago they were trying to kill you

This is stupid. Who videotaped this, and thought it was a good idea to post online? I understand your sentiment, but the fact that this has leaked is asinine. I know, we can't expect to train these men to kill, kill, kill, and then ask them to act like a saint once they get to a combat zone, but some things are best left unrecorded or photographed.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is stupid. Who videotaped this, and thought it was a good idea to post online? I understand your sentiment, but the fact that this has leaked is asinine. I know, we can't expect to train these men to kill, kill, kill, and then ask them to act like a saint once they get to a combat zone, but some things are best left unrecorded or photographed.

:yesway: some actions, memories, stories are better left over seas where they belong and need not be discussed, EVER

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I'm not sure i follow.. what was said/done at the Ron Paul rally? and what is this talk of reactions?? public reaction, reactions of the marines in question? please expound on your post

This is what he was talking about which has nothing to do with this topic its like comparing car to a rake and this has nothing to do with Ron Paul........... am SO sick of the Ron Paul is a demi-god from his supporter i was going to vote for him but after see the blind logic of his followers am not, there the one scaring votes away not Ron Paul.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/187725-paul_encourages_ucmj_violation.html

( Ron Paul did say if he ask the United States to go to war it would be all out and to win and get out I Know he wouldn't go for a political correctness war)

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Try as you like to make excuses for this, there are none, and these guys should be punished as I'm sure they will be. Assuming of course, that this is true.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Were you there ........don't judge from a 30 sec video with out the whole story.......... its the media who blow this way out more then it should be .........

Am not saying it was the right moral thing to do i think, (they need time away from battle and help) its funny how some are so eager to say guilt punish them ........instead of help them.

For guys fighting for there life's everyday because there country told them to be there......you want tough soldiers who will demoralize the enemy and win wars .....but do it the political correct way so it's less of a bad war image don't worry to the fact it cost alot more soldiers lives. Don't worry that this is your 6 deployment here ......what ever you do don't make us look bad it is election year after all.
    I would love to see some of these political correctness people do if the United States was invaded and half your family was kill by a enemy soldier..... and you killed the enemy soldier who killed them make sure you treat his dead body with respect.........you want a softer gentler military so be it just don't be crying when the enemy at your door step.......

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Were you there ........don't judge from a 30 sec video with out the whole story.......... its the media who blow this way out more then it should be .........

Am not saying it was the right moral thing to do i think, (they need time away from battle and help) its funny how some are so eager to say guilt punish them ........instead of help them.

For guys fighting for there life's everyday because there country told them to be there......you want tough soldier who will demoralize the enemy and win wars .....but do it the political correct way so it's less of a bad war image don't worry to the fact it cost alot more soldiers lives. Don't worry that this is your 6 deployment here ......what ever you do don't make us look bad it is election year after all.
    I would love to see some of these political correctness people do if the United States was invaded and half your family was kill by a enemy soldier.....make sure you treat his dead body with respect.........you want a softer gentler military so it be just don't be crying when the enemy at your door step.......

So if I follow your logic, if we prevent soldiers from urinating on dead bodies we'll soon have the enemy at our door?

Discipline and following orders are as important to the military as a fierce warrior spirit. These guys knew they were out of bounds and they did it anyway. That shows lack of discipline and complete loss of military bearing.

I don't want our military to be soft and gentle, I'm not PC, I'm not a bleeding heart.

I also think that peeing on dead bodies is wrong. Call me a big sissy.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Have you been there??? i have 3 times in Afghan 3 times Iraq 1 Bosnia and the gulf war.....
    reread my post i said it wasn't the right thing or the moral thing to do............ but i understand am the only one on this thread is asking why punish them give them the battlefield stress treatment they need.....let me tell you i have walk the walk......is it so wrong to have a little understanding for the soldier and the horror of war and the damages and toll it take on soldier we are not machines........ if you want to dam these guy for pissing on a enemy soldier who took some of there brother lives. ............hell lets hang them........

(sorry if i got on a rant guys :blahblah::blahblah::soapbox: am done)

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Should they have pissed on the dead. Probably not. So someone can give them a good talking too and move on.

I don't think there is going to be all that much outrage amongst the American public except from the people who dislike our military anyway. I would like to know who posted this and why. What kind of an ass would want to put their fellows in a ****storm. This just gives the jihadis another excuse to blow someone up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm sad to see anyone endorse this kind of behavior. As Americans, we are held to a higher standard than the rest of the world.

Bingo.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The Marine Corps. I belong to will never condone such a heinous action, and neither should anyone else. This type of behaviour just illustrates the lack of moral fiber some have been raised with today.

Sad to see my beloved Corps. denegrated by some.

To some of us, the term, "The few, the proud, the Marines" still mean something.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have you been there??? i have 3 times in Afghan 3 times Iraq 1 Bosnia and the gulf war.....
    reread my post i said it wasn't the right thing or the moral thing to do............ but i understand am the only one on this thread is asking why punish them give them the battlefield stress treatment they need.....let me tell you i have walk the walk......is it so wrong to have a little understanding for the soldier and the horror of war and the damages and toll it take on soldier we are not machines........ if you want to dam these guy for pissing on a enemy soldier who took some of there brother lives. ............hell lets hang them........

(sorry if i got on a rant guys :blahblah::blahblah::soapbox: am done)

So would you condone other atrocities as well, just because of "what they have been through"?
    War-crimes are war crimes. Crimes are crimes. What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong.
    Condoning a wrong, and then trying to justify it by circumstances is idiocy.

If someone lost their job today, and couldn't find gainful employment soon, does that justify armed robbery?

If a guy can't find a date, does that justify rape?

I'd like to understand your position, but it just doesn't seem to make sense to a contientious individual.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, some say, "The video does not tell the whole story." "You don't know what happened right before this." "You don't know what they've been through." The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. They are professionals, they represent the entire Nation abroad. Act like it. The whole world sees this and we suffer because of it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Hmmm, some say, "The video does not tell the whole story." "You don't know what happened right before this." "You don't know what they've been through." The irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. They are professionals, they represent the entire Nation abroad. Act like it. The whole world sees this and we suffer because of it.
    Personally, I would be willing to bet. That the Individuals in the Video get sent to a Military Correctional Facility for a 2 year stint, and Dishonorable Discharge with loss of all benefits. The NCO in charge of this team will be reduced at least one rank and loose half of 2 months pay, If he did not participate in the event. The Lt in charge will receive a Career ending Letter of Reprimand...

Any takers... :popcorn:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Personally, I would be willing to bet. That the Individuals in the Video get sent to a Military Correctional Facility for a 2 year stint, and Dishonorable Discharge with loss of all benefits. The NCO in charge of this team will be reduced at least one rank and loose half of 2 months pay, If he did not participate in the event. The Lt in charge will receive a Career ending Letter of Reprimand...

Any takers... :popcorn:

Spot-on

Top Bottom