• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have never had training and I may never get it. Other than what I was taught growing up and reading great threads like this. I could have 100 hundred hours of training from the best guy out there, BUT when the bullets start flying and I am forced to return fire I doubt seriously I am going to be like Wyatt Earp and stand still and relaxed and aim my gun, bullseye at the bad guys chest. If someone is attacking me with any weapon I suggest help or get out of the way, I am scared and ready to protect myself.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    How many lives were spent securing our rights from infringement?

Our founders knew it was worth more than their own lives. :patriot:

Funny, 'cause all our founders lived to see the founding, whilst they sent others to do the fighting.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I feel like there are people out there who carry, that think life is like TV. Like they can be the hero. That you can see every bullet hit and that the bullets stop at the target and don't go through.

There is so much more to carrying a gun than just carrying a gun...

Unfortunately that is all too true. Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility. And I hope that everyone that decides to make carrying a gun part of their lifestyle seeks out training. The problem is that I don't think that mandatory training will solve this problem. People will learn if they want to learn. Forcing those who do not want to learn into a class will not accomplish anything. Oh, they will take the test and pass it! Once the mandatory training does not have the desired affect...guess what? People will call for stricter training. Pretty soon nobody will be able to afford the training or pass the test. Funny thing is that police and other agencies will be exempt from the training because it would be to expensive and difficult to administer.

What it comes down too is that I too am afraid. I am afraid of an unarmed society. (Notice no purple) And no I do not have any faith in the common sense of my fellow man.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Requiring training is like requiring gun registration. It's not a question of IF it will lead to further government action, it's a question of WHEN, especially with THIS government. Dear Handgun Applicant: Your required gun training will be held in Port Lucia, Washington on Jan 23, 2017 and last for 5 days. You are responsible for transportation and all expenses plus the $1,500 government fee, Failure to attend this training will result in your gun application being denied. Sincerely, Eric Holder, AGUS. :} Note: NRA tee shirts and hats are strictly forbidden at the training site.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I have never had training and I may never get it. Other than what I was taught growing up and reading great threads like this. I could have 100 hundred hours of training from the best guy out there, BUT when the bullets start flying and I am forced to return fire I doubt seriously I am going to be like Wyatt Earp and stand still and relaxed and aim my gun, bullseye at the bad guys chest. If someone is attacking me with any weapon I suggest help or get out of the way, I am scared and ready to protect myself.

CORRECT!, DO NOT STAND STILL!!!!!!

SHOOT AND MOVE!

If someone is shooting at you and you are returning fire you should have the situational awareness to know where cover is and you should be moving towards it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Funny, 'cause all our founders lived to see the founding, whilst they sent others to do the fighting.

This nation is founded on much more than the survivors that got to do the signing and celebrating.

I doubt you were really suggesting otherwise. ;)

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Requiring training is like requiring gun registration. It's not a question of IF it will lead to further government action, it's a question of WHEN, especially with THIS government. Dear Handgun Applicant: Your required gun training will be held in Port Lucia, Washington on Jan 23, 2017 and last for 5 days. You are responsible for transportation and all expenses plus the $1,500 government fee, Failure to attend this training will result in your gun application being denied. Sincerely, Eric Holder, AGUS. :} Note: NRA tee shirts and hats are strictly forbidden at the training site.

I have no illusions that those in charge would like to strip the people of their power to overthrow those who seek to do the people harm.

Isn't a well regulated militia a "well trained" militia?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Seems I remember reading stories of George Washington and his troops freezing their asses off during parts of the war. I think he may have been leading them instead of just sending them off to fight for him.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    While both firearm safety and tactics training is very important - neither should be mandatory.

It is important to understand how to operate a lawnmower safely before you do so - but a required class is not necessary.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    While both firearm safety and tactics training is very important - neither should be mandatory.

It is important to understand how to operate a lawnmower safely before you do so - but a required class is not necessary.

It's hard to kill a man with a negligent lawnmower path.

Not hard with a badly aimed shot.

Wanna try a different example?

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Seems I remember reading stories of George Washington and his troops freezing their asses off during parts of the war. I think he may have been leading them instead of just sending them off to fight for him.

Yeah, I read those same stories too. If I remember correctly GW had a peaceful death at Mt. Vernon after his second term.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

THIS is why you should invest in training. Just so you know what to do when you are in that type of situation. If you train enough, all your training instincts will kick in. And you won't have to be thinking, "OH MY GOD, what do I do??!!"

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    THIS is why you should invest in training. Just so you know what to do when you are in that type of situation. If you train enough, all your training instincts will kick in. And you won't have to be thinking, "OH MY GOD, what do I do??!!"

Hey thanks! Yes, training is good!

I swear to GOD that more than just me can benefit.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I already know what to do. My point was any weekend class I take no matter how good is not going to prepare me for a situation like that. Ongoing classes where you repeat and continue to train might, but I bet if you ask some officers they know or have heard of someone well trained either freezing or not doing what they are trained to do. It is called human nature, sometimes we are just full of fail, sometimes full of whatever it takes to be a hero or just survive.

Last edited:

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I already know what to do. My point was any weekend class I take no matter how good is not going to prepare me for a situation like that. Ongoing classes where you repeat and continue to train might, but I bet if you ask some officers they know or have heard of someone well trained either freezing or not doing what they are trained to do. It is called human nature, sometimes we are just full of fail, sometimes full of whatever it takes to be a hero or just survive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're saying that it doesn't matter what you do. You living or dieing is based on luck? Nothing you do can make the difference in the outcome?

That is NOT true!!

Top Bottom