• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Agreed. This is why we need negative rep back.

I just use the roll eyes thingy because some people aren't worth the time. You know they aren't going to listen and consider other points of view anyway. Neg reps at least make a guy feel like he got his point across. I think I heard H&K broke. :D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Why do you think that people think that polling places are so special that they should prohibit firearm possession? It is not like they are teeming with 5yr old girls that could disarm you in the blink of an eye.

I would say why does anyone think there is a magic line ANYWHERE that normal rational people carrying guns suddenly become raving lunatics looking for the first person to shoot?

If I can carry walking down the street with noisey little brats screaming at all hours, racing their bikes and blocking traffic why can't I carry in a school?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Because then the kids might want to carry when they're adults! Think of the children!

I was taking a walk around my neighborhood a week or so ago and a group of little kids were playing on a corner. One of the girls exclaimed loudly (excitedly, not fearfully) "Hey you have a gun!" I replied yes I do and so does my wife.

"Hey can I have one?"

You sure can when you get older you can buy and carry all the guns you want.

"COOL!!!" - literally all 6 kids there.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am sure the guy had it so everyone could see it . Alot of people wants everyone to know they have it. i carried mine in and didnt have any problems

Everyone here is bashing you but I did not see where you stated how you were carrying your gun. Was it OC or CC?

And about this Good Faith thing that was brought up a few pages back. It is a double standard, LEO can act in good faith and get a pass on most things. If I act in good faith and violate some silly law I will be ticketed or arrested and that is complete B.S.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood a week or so ago and a group of little kids were playing on a corner. One of the girls exclaimed loudly (excitedly, not fearfully) "Hey you have a gun!" I replied yes I do and so does my wife.

"Hey can I have one?"

You're a bad influence on those kids:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

"Hey can I have one?"

TROUBLEMAKER!!

:D :D:D :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Everyone here is bashing you but I did not see where you stated how you were carrying your gun. Was it OC or CC?

And about this Good Faith thing that was brought up a few pages back. It is a double standard, LEO can act in good faith and get a pass on most things. If I act in good faith and violate some silly law I will be ticketed or arrested and that is complete B.S.
    There is an example of this "good faith" kinda thing that I remember in a thread a little while back where a young lady posted that she was denied her application for an LTCH and was deemed a "not proper" person because she was previously charged and prosecuted with theft for taking a cardboard box from a dumpster that she wanted to use because she was moving.

I'm pretty sure she was'nt aware that she was committing a crime at the time but it did have a future impact on her.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...f_defense/203787-license_to_carry_denied.html

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There is an example of this "good faith" kinda thing that I remember in a thread a little while back where a young lady posted that she was denied her application for an LTCH and was deemed a "not proper" person because she was previously charged and prosecuted with theft for taking a cardboard box from a dumpster that she wanted to use because she was moving.

I'm pretty sure she was'nt aware that she was committing a crime at the time but it did have a future impact on her.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...f_defense/203787-license_to_carry_denied.html

I remember that one. Like I said, when it comes to good faith there is one GIANT PURPLE LINE.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I always find it "interesting" how if a non-LEO does something wrong, they get crucified, but if a LEO does something wrong, they get a pass. I'm sick of double standards!

Please advise how this is applied to this thread?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ignorance is no excuse that is exactly what you and I would hear if we as the little people on the criminal side of this. Cops are paid to enforce the law therefore should know the law and should be held to a higher standard. My wife is an RN and is held to a higher standard and I am a licensed electrician and I am held to a higher standard.

Please advise how this is applied to this thread?

As Protias was responding to the top thread, here ya go.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I doubt anybody is suggesting that cops or poll workers or anyone involved should (or even could) know all the laws, but how about knowing the one you're currently attempting to enforce?

Would that be asking too much? :dunno:

Top Bottom