• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Heavy police presence downtown Indy on Saturday night. I have to agree with most of these posts. One thing that puzzles me. All of these 20 somethings have been raised by the "village" that does nothing but blow smoke up their little keisters, telling them how special and wonderful they are filling them with a sense of unearned self esteem. Then they grow to adult size, have access to adult vices and implements. Self esteem is a healthy thing but without an equal amount of humility you get an ego-maniacal sociopath who values his self image so much that he will kill in order to defend or maintain it. By not enforcing discipline at the adolescent level these kids grow up devoid of any sense of moral right. They are only interested in the narrow view that is directly in front of them. No kid ever died from getting taken down by a parent for getting a little too big for their britches. Problem is that the state has taken that option away from parents.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    These are the same people that used to frequent a now closed club on Market Street. That place was so bad that they would have people beat/stabbed/shot inside and they were drug to the door and tossed on the sidewalk for treatment. I have been there several times on an injured person call and never made it through the door. If they continue to **** where they play they will eventually get ICE shutdown too....hopefully. It takes awhile to do it because there are some greasy palms in this city willing to turn a blind eye for money.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    its kinda crazy know i have walked in that very spot and some one there is now laying dead in my foot steps, kinda of a sobering moment for me, i imagine it was difficult to id the shooter due to all the people walking around

When I walk from my car to my workplace, I have to walk by this row of bars AND Circle Center Mall. I get REAL tired of having to walk around blood stains on the sidewalks constantly.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The cops were standing 20 feet away and the guy was still murdered.. shows you how pro-active most police are.

I don't think that's a fair statement. If you've ever been in that area late at night on a weekend, you'd know that there are tens of dozens of people walking, hanging out, waiting in lines to get in bars, begging, and just standing around. If two people are so intent on shooting each other, stabbing each other, or whatever, they can accomplish that in a matter of seconds, and even though they are only 20 feet from a police officer, the police officer may not be able to see them, or may be watching some OTHER group of potential problems.

I think the assumption, which was made by rational people, is that the presence of a police officer would prevent people from committing violent crime. However, this assumption fails for the simple reason that these are NOT rational people who are in that area. They simply DO NOT CARE that there is a police officer there. They also don't care if there are a couple hundred self-centered people who are concerned only with getting into the latest trendy bar to get drunk/get laid/score drugs. I suppose we should be glad that they don't decide to simply eliminate the closest officers first in order to give them more time to "demand respect" in the only way they know how.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I just Dont see why so many are surprised by each event that happens. It is not a matter of if it's going to happen again, but when.

The only people who are surprised by it are those who pay absolutely no attention to their surroundings, and who are stupid/blind enough to believe our politicians when they tell us that Indy is "safe" and that violent crime is going down.

Anyone who goes into that area and is actually aware of their surroundings and notices the type of people who are hanging out fully expects this sort of thing at any time.

I don't see Greg Ballard hanging out down there without his bodyguards!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    The cops were standing 20 feet away and the guy was still murdered.. shows you how pro-active most police are.

Wow. What did you expect for the officers, with there psychic abilities of course, to run out there the moment before it happened and stop the shooting??!

These POS thugs are going to do whatever they please, whenever they want to. If our judicial system wasn't so messed up with plea bargins and reduced sentences then we would be fine. The correctional system here ( and in the U.S in general ) does not do it's job. Rehabilitation is a JOKE!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am that media report. It's not listed in our article, but I had eyewitness, numerous, who saw the deceased inside the club.

It does say the police reported them as walking out of the club. See below.

No, the picture of the dead guy is a mug shot as well. I never saw any description of where the guys had been, or what they had been doing.
    Person fatally-shot-outside-of-club-lec
    Last line of paragraph 6, I would just copy and past it but forum rules don't allow it.

I haven't seen the picture of the dead guy, do you have a link?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It does say the police reported them as walking out of the club. See below.

Person fatally-shot-outside-of-club-lec
    Last line of paragraph 6, I would just copy and past it but forum rules don't allow it.

I haven't seen the picture of the dead guy, do you have a link?

Most of the local media sites have it.

Here's the one from Channel 13: One dead in shooting outside downtown bar - 13 WTHROne dead in shooting outside downtown bar - 13 WTHR

Here's the one from Channel 6: 1 Killed, 1 Hurt In Indianapolis Shooting - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis1 Killed, 1 Hurt In Indianapolis Shooting - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Your search-foo is weak, young one.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I didn't google it :): I was going by what was posted in this thread. Thanks for the links though.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Let me make sure I understand this...

You are saying, that if two people shoot one another outside of a club in an urban area...

It is the governments fault?

That's exactly what I am saying. It's called the law of unintended (or intended) consequences. When you remove personal responsibility, don't hold people accountable for their actions, have the government assume the role of the family, and convince people that nothing is their fault due to "no fault of their own" circumstances, this is the type of regressive behavior one can expect from those that government says they want to "help".
    Our problems are too great to not be intentional.
    Who is John Galt?

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Impd just opened a new downtown station almost in front of where the shooting was. Guess they were a few weeks late.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Impd just opened a new downtown station almost in front of where the shooting was. Guess they were a few weeks late.

it doesnt matter. thugs who are down there will still do the same stuff. they have no fear or respect for law and order. they are animals. when are people gonna finaly realize it and start executing them accordingly?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom