• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    yep, the number of fake IDs down town is CRAZY. plus if you pay off the right door guy, your in anyways.

newsShooter, you guys should do a story on that! it would be a hit.

Who would talk? At best, you'd get the owners of those clubs saying they "do everything in their power to restrict access and maintain a safe environment." When in reality, most just want to make themselves money at any cost.

Let's be honest... no one is going to stop going to ICE because someone got shot and killed out front.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Who would talk? At best, you'd get the owners of those clubs saying they "do everything in their power to restrict access and maintain a safe environment." When in reality, most just want to make themselves money at any cost.

Let's be honest... no one is going to stop going to ICE because someone got shot and killed out front.
    undercover sting **** man! like those pharmacy dumpster stories. you will be surprised how many would talk.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    undercover sting **** man! like those pharmacy dumpster stories. you will be surprised how many would talk.

I'd never dare speak for management, but I wouldn't feel comfortable sending in an underage intern with a fake-ID for journalistic sake. I mean, you're absolutely right... that's the best option - but we'd be committing a crime in the process of developing a story.

I'd be interested to hear how LEO go about policing establishments letting underages in, especially with fake ID's and bribes... but that's a different thread.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    no no, i didnt mean break the law. you can go into a club and find the underagers if you want. you will see the same ones again and again. once they find the place they think they are safe at they will come back. you make them comfortable with you and they will spill everything. I use to catch them all the time. I still have some old fake ID's i confiscated. after a while its like a 6th sense. been out of the game for a bit, but its like riding a bike. i know a lot about the inner workings of these clubs. it was a fun hobby & stress reliever that I got paid for. win win. I was protecting the owners and the clients. no one wants the excise police up in their **** anymore than they already are, and no customer wants to take home a 15 year old girl who he thought was 21 because they were in a bar, and get jailed for sex with a minor and be a pedophile for the rest of their life.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The picture is of the wounded guy, not the dead one.

See above, the article doesn't say anything about the one that died.

The article says they were both walking out of the club according to police.

No, the picture of the dead guy is a mug shot as well. I never saw any description of where the guys had been, or what they had been doing.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I meant murders nationally, not particularly Indy. The data is out there, look it up yourself.

There have been 14 homicides so far in Indy. That's about average. A "good" year in Indy is less than 100 homicides. In a city of 800,000 +, you're gonna get some violence.

If you mean by "you sound like Ballard" that you think ANY politician has a shot in hell of significantly changing the murder rate in ANY metropolitan city.....well, good luck with that theory.

Not that I like Ballard. He's only got a short time left in office, anyway.

No, I don't think that any mayor can really have any impact on crime and violence, any more than I think that police can prevent any significant amount of crime, but our mayor tends to spend a lot of time spouting about how "safe" our city is in preperation for the Super-Duper Bowl that he is spending tens of millions of our dollars preparing for, and how people should come here and spend money on tourism and such (after the road destruction and parking space removal projects are done downtown, I would assume).

For the prevention of crime, I would look more closely at judges and parole officers. Considering that the vast majority of crime victims AND criminals have previous mug shots shown on TV, I would say that they have already been through the system at least once, and yet are out preying on citizens at will. And of course, one now-infamous multiple felon was out on the street in spite of the fact that he should have never been released after yet another arrest, and was free to kill a policeman, with a gun he never legally could possess.

If people feel like they are free to commit crimes against uniformed officers, why should we expect that they would have any more respect for private citizens, including women and children? If two fine, upstanding, urban youth decide it is a good idea to have a shootout within 20 feet of a group of officers, do you think they care what a mayor says, or a police chief, or their mother?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

I've got to admit you are right on this. I walked by there last night around 11pm on my way from work to my car, and it was just as crowded, with the same crowd, as any other night. I will never understand this apparent "addiction" to night life that this crowd has.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    E5RANGER375 and if I EVER catch my daughter walking downtown at 3am dressed like a slut when she grows up said:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in agreement with you on the above, especially the last 5-words.
    To many parents want to be their kids friends over being a parent.

The word "NO" , is no longer in their vocabulary.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    its kinda crazy know i have walked in that very spot and some one there is now laying dead in my foot steps, kinda of a sobering moment for me, i imagine it was difficult to id the shooter due to all the people walking around

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    The cops were standing 20 feet away and the guy was still murdered.. shows you how pro-active most police are.

i remember when i was in broad ripple i saw a cop that had a couple fo girls sitting on the hood of his squad car and completely ignoring everyone, turns out that night a couple of people were mugged and some cars got stolen, many people were lost alot of things and the cop that was trying to get some could have been doing his job instead of trying to cheat on his wife... yes he had a ring on. im not trying to bash cops, its just the ones that are bad at their job stand out more.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The cops were standing 20 feet away and the guy was still murdered.. shows you how pro-active most police are.

Exactly how proactive do you want the police to be? Should they be proning out at gun point every single person that walks by and checking them for firearms/no LTCH, warrants, etc.?

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Thanks all for reminding me why I chose the life of staying home with my beautiful family instead of being one of those who likes to let grandparents raise their youngins so they can hang out at the clubs. A good friend of mine who chose to live the other way, got jumped and robbed while walking down the street leaving a downtown club a couple weeks ago. The way I see it, if you put yourself in those situations, by living that life, your asking for it. PERIOD. It's a shame that you cannot go out and have a good time like that without the violence, but it is that way like it or not. I just Dont see why so many are surprised by each event that happens. It is not a matter of if it's going to happen again, but when.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville

Cops can only react. It just goes to show that police presence does not make you safe. Some thugs really don't care if there are cops around.

Its the price you pay for not living in a police state.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I believe we are experiencing the advanced stage of 100 years of Progressive Liberalism. This cancer of political ideology substitutes government for the family and subsidizes irresponsiblity while removing accountability, all at the individual AND corporate level. I did not take the comment about the Clintons in an earlier post as being directed at them personally as much as I believe it was directed at them as being the most famous representative of this evil philosophy. ProgLiberalism has created a segment of society that has been taught to believe that nothing is their fault and they will be provided for, as it is their "right" and that the "lucky" ones need to pay their "fair share" to make up for this "injustice". This behavior is just one of the consequences.
    This will get worse, dig in and prepare accordingly.
    Who is John Galt?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I believe we are experiencing the advanced stage of 100 years of Progressive Liberalism. This cancer of political ideology substitutes government for the family and subsidizes irresponsiblity while removing accountability, all at the individual AND corporate level. I did not take the comment about the Clintons in an earlier post as being directed at them personally as much as I believe it was directed at them as being the most famous representative of this evil philosophy. ProgLiberalism has created a segment of society that has been taught to believe that nothing is their fault and they will be provided for, as it is their "right" and that the "lucky" ones need to pay their "fair share" to make up for this "injustice".
    This will get worse, dig in and prepare accordingly.
    Who is John Galt?

Let me make sure I understand this...

You are saying, that if two people shoot one another outside of a club in an urban area...

It is the governments fault?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom