• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    Not sure exactly what happened. As i was in broadripple, but all my friends on twitter said they heard shots. And then there was postings of this. Its right outside of 6th lounge, next to tiki bobs and blu..

What gets me is there are alot of cops that sit in this area especially since its a club area. But from what people have been saying no one has been caught yet.

x2_4914cde

x2_4914d22

x2_4914d40

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Nothing on local news siites or listed on Indy 911 but not surprising. Deaths and shootings doowntown often go under reported or dont make it to the news cycle for a day or so unlesss something special about it - asi if a person shot isn't special in and of itself -- it's just bad for city image to jump right on it.

Interesting though-" shots fired" reported all over the city last night and in all the typical neighborhoods.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    What gets me is there are alot of cops that sit in this area especially since its a club area.

I was there after the fact for crowd control and securing the crime scene. The shooting happened within 20 feet of 5 or 6 officers. A couple of urban youths just decided it would be a good idea to have a shootout on the sidewalk.

hmm. Gun and cash found next to body. Is it the robber's body or the person being robbed - cash and gun tossed to buy time to exit the scene?

It wasn't a robbery. It was some perceived insult/you stepped on my foot/don't look at my girl type b.s. that started it all.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    sheesh. what a shame. Over an insult? Taking this one and the recent shootout at circle center it makes me wonder if there is a gang issue over territory or if it is just random collective behavior of misguided youth. Lord knows downtown nights are filled with troublemakers seeking excitement.

Regardless, I guess it is luck that some innocent bystander wasn't caught in the crossfire of this mess.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    wow what a mess i cant believe what this world is coming to that y i dont go downtown anymore do many unguided people in this world is it really worth it

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    But this could never happen! With cops standing around everywhere, everyone should be safe. Isn't this club a "gun free zone"?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    during the weekend this is a normal occurrence anymore. these young kids just don't have any moral fiber anymore. they would just as soon shoot at you than talk to you. back in our day we got into a fight and when it was over it was over. now a days these young punks are afraid to take a good old fashioned A@@ whipping so they just pull out guns and shoot so they can look hard in front of there buddies. its a shame and something needs to be done about it

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I work downtown, and usually work really late on weekends and park close to where this happened. I missed this particular idiocy by about 45 minutes. I've regularly walked by the mall entrance mere minutes before the gang morons open fire more times than I can count. If I didn't work downtown, there is no way that I would EVER go downtown, especially not at night, and doubly so on a weekend. I get SO tired of this stuff.

(and yes, I have been looking for a different job that is not located downtown. And YES, I carry my full-size M&P when I am downtown!)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So much of this goes back to the generation who grew up being told by the president that it was not their fault, that it was always someone else's fault, and that morals were a thing of the past. Much of the blame can be leveled on that president and his "It Takes a Village" wife.

Anyone who hasn't figured it out, he goes by william jefferson clinton.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    but I remember people saying on here before that downtown indy is so safe because of the police presence. yeah right. gang bangers dont care about cops obviously. dont go downtown at night unless you wanna take a chance of dying.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    The city wanted to get rid of the "Nap Town" moniker so the downtown was developed hard. The mall was a great place when it first opened. My wife used to work part time at the mall and there were issues then but not like they have now. Used to hang out at Ike & Jonesys a bit and my kid played a lot of hockey at Pan Am in the 2000-2002 time frame and it was a pretty good place to go. I haven't been there in years, but really have no desire to go. It's a shame that's for sure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I agree with grunt soldier.

Where is the Reverend Al Sharpton when you need him?

As long as the skin tones are reasonably matched, he doesn't have a problem with so-called 'people of color' killing each other. It only becomes an issue that he cares about when "whitey be shootin' a brothah", especially if it was a caucasian officer shooting a career-criminal non-caucasian thug that was trying to murder the officer, because of course...
    thats_racist.gif
    . :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But this could never happen! With cops standing around everywhere, everyone should be safe. Isn't this club a "gun free zone"?

This has nothing to do with the cops being there, so lets place the blame where it belongs. If you were to go hang out on Meridian St on a Friday or Saturday night at 3:00am you would experience the mentality of the majority of people there and you would realize that they will do what they want to do no matter who is around.

As far as the club being a "gun free zone" I don't believe there is a no firearms sign at the door and they let any ****bag in because all the owners care about is $$$$.

djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    Person fatally-shot-outside-of-club-lec

2 shot, one dead. 2nd guy ran from cops, showed up - shot up @ Wishard. IMPD found a gun in that surviving gun-shot victims car not far from SIX, where it happened.

Where were you while I was standing outside there for over an hour DJJDNAP? I could have used you for an interview...

I got all my info via twitter..news spreads faster than a text a message on there

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom