Man in Black w/ mask in back yards, options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You are good then. I've never had a Burglary or Robbery with the outside lights on. May want to look into cameras too. The hidden straight to the cloud set up in the berries.

Everyone wants to rationalize dropping big bucks on a Timmy Tactical carbine, but they really just need to buy some lightbulbs.:D

I have both lights and cameras...not had an issue since then except on the periphery where folks still seem to think your property rights end when you can't see them.

Apparently, no trespassing/no dumping signs = no problem if the owner cant see you do it. Bastiges.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It could be Katie Perry....

Apparently celebrities do all sorts of things to try to not draw attention to themselves...Including dressing like Ninja's when they bike ride....Next time they ride by sing "Baby you're a....." and if the rider responds back "Firework" you will know it's her...

If it is her ask why she sold her soul to satan...Inquiring minds want to know....

Famosos-de-inc%C3%B3gnito-7.jpg

yXceAADHNb-4.png

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The evidence appears to be mixed for the hypothesis that "leaving external lights on reduces crime. Feel free to Google around for articles and studies.

Even so, I still think lighting remains one of the layers of the security onion.

However, I go w/motion activated lighting as I'm not convinced there's enough value to leave such lights on dusk to dawn and I'm sensitive to light pollution.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'd light him up with my PD35 960 Lumen flashlight and a laser pointer. This is a good reminder thread for me to check on our motion lights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd light him up with my PD35 960 Lumen flashlight and a laser pointer. This is a good reminder thread for me to check on our motion lights.

Yup........sure would.

If you are in my yard without invite at any time day or night you had to put forth some effort to be there.

I will respond in kind to get an explanation as to why that effort was exerted.

If my son or SIL catch you it will be at a much more intense level.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    With no comment on the "music," how many of us are mentally removing the black outfit and helmet?

It could be Katie Perry....

Apparently celebrities do all sorts of things to try to not draw attention to themselves...Including dressing like Ninja's when they bike ride....Next time they ride by sing "Baby you're a....." and if the rider responds back "Firework" you will know it's her...

If it is her ask why she sold her soul to satan...Inquiring minds want to know....

Famosos-de-inc%C3%B3gnito-7.jpg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Multi Layer is best.

I installed some see in the dark WIFI cameras in the back. They works great because all you need is power in the location you need.

Boy was THIS is an eye opener. There were more people walking thru my yard at night then I ever knew. Nothing of mine was ever missing, but jeez. So I decided to do something about it.

I hooked up a PC in the garage. Put WIFI on it, and then got some super loud ampified speakers and put them up under the awning of the outdoor garage in the back. I set up some remote control software.

So when I see someone in the back yard I don't know, I remote into the backyard PC and start playing WAV sounds. Sometimes I play animal noises of large African animals. or sometimes Clint Eastwoods "Get off my lawn". If that doesn't work, I load up some gunfire WAVs. The result is hillarious. Had one guy literally fall over himself on the ground trying to exit. They all EXIT quickly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Several strategically located pulse lights and one stadium power led on the back of the garage lighting up 3/4ths of the back yard. On all night.

Top Bottom