• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Since most if not all Police K-9's are considered police officers your saying you would have no problem shooting a LEO?

Better way to put it:

"Since most if not all Police K-9's are considered police officers your saying you would have no problem shooting an animal or person who is attempting to savage you with its teeth/claws?"

Also, the fact that an animal is given the same status as a human being rather than being treated like any other piece of property is ridiculous. If I break a police car, I pay for it. If I harm a police dog, I should pay for it. But I shouldn't be charged with "abuse of an officer who apparently is so incapable of controlling his temper that he lashes out with his teeth at any provocation".

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Not if you put a slug in his head....i would have no problem shooting a police dog, that was trying to bite me......I would kill any other dog trying to bite me or my family and these dogs have had training to hurt you......in my world a dog that bites, even mine....is a dead dog.

Police dogs are dangerous, that's why they CAN'T get out of the cars without their handler.. That being said, I would rethink shooting a police dog. Most cities/counties/states look at that just as if you had shot one of their human officers.. Lots of jail time I'd think.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Considering how high strung these dogs are, would all of you saying how ridiculous this is change your mind if the dog: took it as a sign of aggression, jumped at the caged window, broke his kneck, and had to be taken to the vet and put down? This would cost the city/county THOUSANDS of dollars for a new dog and training.

Everyone is saying how childish this LEO was for charging the guy.. Does everyone not see how childish it is to BARK AT A DOG that is doing nothing to you??? Everyone knows what these dogs are trained to do, why the heck would you want to provoke it?
    :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Considering how high strung these dogs are, would all of you saying how ridiculous this is change your mind if the dog: took it as a sign of aggression, jumped at the caged window, broke his kneck, and had to be taken to the vet and put down?

A better question: why are the police toting around hyperaggressive dangerous animals that lunge at people doing nothing more than making noises around the dogs?

Should the police be allowed to get away with such behavior?

Does everyone not see how childish it is to BARK AT A DOG that is doing nothing to you???

Being childish is not a crime. Harboring a dangerous hyperagressive animal is, especially if you tote it around town.

If being childish is a crime, then by all means allow us to move to impeach our President.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    A better question: why are the police toting around hyperaggressive dangerous animals that lunge at people doing nothing more than making noises around the dogs?

Being childish is not a crime. Harboring a dangerous hyperagressive animal is, especially if you tote it around town.

If being childish is a crime, then by all means allow us to move to impeach our President.

:yesway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I've repped you already today, but you need some more for this.

It reminds of when people make the argument that some guy getting kicked and tased and stomped, "was being a jerk" to the cops. Like somehow being a jerk to a cop makes the beating reasonable.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Police are touting around agressive dogs to catch the people that humans cannot. You know, the ones that rob banks, rape women, shoot at people, break into YOUR house or your friends.

It amazes me how many people are anti law enforcement just for the sake of it. I'm sure your opinion would be a little different about these dogs if you needed one.

All K9 cars have distinct markings on them meant to keep people away, some even say to stay away. The dogs don't come out unless they are about to be used in a hunt. It's not like they let them walk around wherever they want.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Police are touting around agressive dogs to catch the people that humans cannot. You know, the ones that rob banks, rape women, shoot at people, break into YOUR house or your friends.

It amazes me how many people are anti law enforcement just for the sake of it. I'm sure your opinion would be a little different about these dogs if you needed one.

All K9 cars have distinct markings on them meant to keep people away, some even say to stay away. The dogs don't come out unless they are about to be used in a hunt. It's not like they let them walk around wherever they want.

Fine. Now if some idiot barks at the dog, you tell him to move his butt along and maybe even tell him he's stupid. You don't arrest him and charge him.

Do you not see how crazy this has become? In many places kids get arrested for a fight at school. In my state you can get a sex offender conviction for peeing in an alley or behind a dumpster.

And apparently, you can get arrested in some places for BARKING AT A DOG.

You really can't see that this is just silly?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You really can't see that this is just silly?

I see that it is silly. Lol. What I also see is that if it's a law the officer is allowed to enforce it. Maybe the officer DID just tell him to move on. Maybe the guy was a d-head to him.. IDK, I am just pointing out that it is way more ignorant to bark at a police dog that is behind a cage than it is for the officer to act within a law that he himself did not make.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I see that it is silly. Lol. What I also see is that if it's a law the officer is allowed to enforce it. Maybe the officer DID just tell him to move on. Maybe the guy was a d-head to him.. IDK, I am just pointing out that it is way more ignorant to bark at a police dog that is behind a cage than it is for the officer to act within a law that he himself did not make.

The law is against "abusing" a police dog. Looks like a stretch to me.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Not if you put a slug in his head....i would have no problem shooting a police dog, that was trying to bite me......I would kill any other dog trying to bite me or my family and these dogs have had training to hurt you......in my world a dog that bites, even mine....is a dead dog.

Great idea then you get put away for murdering a police officer. Seems like a smart idea to me.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The law is against "abusing" a police dog. Looks like a stretch to me.

Agreed, never stopped anyone before.

It really seems to me the guy was probably a d-head about something and the LEO acted within his authority (whether or not you agree with the law) to make sure this guy had a bad day.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It amazes me how many people are anti law enforcement just for the sake of it.

Please do not confuse mocking a moronic statute and a moronic prosecution with being anti-law enforcement, although certainly mockery is certainly justified here. The king has no clothes.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Please do not confuse mocking a moronic statute and a moronic prosecution with being anti-law enforcement, although certainly mockery is certainly justified here. The king has no clothes.

I'm not confusing the two, agree or disagree and mock the law/prosecution as you wish.

Condemning their dogs, tactics, and such that have proven fruitful in solving and preventing crime, IMO is anti law enforcement. :)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

get away with what behavior? keeping the dog secure and away from the public unless necessary? are all dogs that bark when being barked at by a human "Dangerous and Hyperagressive"

maybe he wanted to play?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom