• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the dog had injured himself because Stephens was teasing him it could have cost the dept. some big bucks for the vet bill.

An asset that valuable and intelligent should not be on the street.

Let's kick Officer Chompy upstairs and make him Shift Commander where he can put his talents to use.

"Sarge, someone stolen my turkey sandwhich out of the break room fridge."

"Quick, Cap'n Chompy, Gehen Sie! Suche! Finden Sie den Truthahn! Jetz!"

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    So you bark at a dog to provoke it, then shoot it when it responds. Pretty tough dude.

I bark at my dogs to get them to howl.......I have only had to shoot one dog for biting, that was mine.......I don't train my dogs to bite, like the police do.......they are pets......the one I had to shoot, I tried to rescuefrom a bad environment and had already been taught bad habits....and when he bit my son, it was the last agression he ever showed toward another human. Oh and it was a pit

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    no, the idea that a dog is considered a police officer is ouright retarded.

And this is coming from a dog lover, that has had numerous pet dogs, all of whom have been shelter rescues.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Was the dog barking in the performance of his duties? Why is okay for a dog to bark, but not a person? If the dog had barked at the man first, would the dog be arrested? Could the man bark back? Do we know who barked first? Were these friendly barks or aggressive barks?

The nuances of this arrest are fascinating.

It's normal for dogs to bark, now I'm just guessing the dog was telling him just open this door and we'll see who barks last!

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Since most if not all Police K-9's are considered police officers your saying you would have no problem shooting a LEO?

If he was trying to harm me or my family.....HELL YES!!! But guys like you, I suppose think the police are some higher power that we mere mortals are to bow down to. Right?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    the cop should have just opened the door to the cruiser and let officer chompy and the man who abused him talk it out

See the problem here is...it is not a fair fight.....i have never met a dog i could not get ahold of and **** up, that has had a collar on.....but then we have the bigger issue of the officer after letting the dog out to get his ass whipped.....would threaten to shoot the man for the abusing a police animal.....so kinda back to the same charge......it's an endless cycle...

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    An asset that valuable and intelligent should not be on the street.

Let's kick Officer Chompy upstairs and make him Shift Commander where he can put his talents to use.

"Sarge, someone stolen my turkey sandwhich out of the break room fridge."

"Quick, Cap'n Chompy, Gehen Sie! Suche! Finden Sie den Truthahn! Jetz!"

With some of the police administrative types I've known, a K-9 could have did as good a job.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Could I be arrested for meowing at a police cat? For chirping at a police parakeet? Ribiting at a police frog? For pretending to run in place at a police gerbil? If I swat a fly in a police station, can I be charged for smashing a police fly? For tapping on the glass at a police aquarium?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    I don't think that. But since you brought it up, it must be something YOU believe.

never!!!

I think there is 4 classes of LEO'S

there are some good cops.....then you have good ones that just turn around and act like they don't see anything.......then you have good cops but that would cover up for his blue brothers.....then you have the bad one's....

So, I do think most are good but with flaws to protect the blue line....then you have......

And if one was trying to harm me or my family ie: a police dog on the loose or a cop that has had a bad day.....I would not have a problem defending myself...

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Could I be arrested for meowing at a police cat? For chirping at a police parakeet? Ribiting at a police frog? For pretending to run in place at a police gerbil? If I swat a fly in a police station, can I be charged for smashing a police fly? For tapping on the glass at a police aquarium?

Probably not, those animals are usually police reserves! :D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    no, the idea that a dog is considered a police officer is ouright retarded.

My feelings exactly. A police dog runs you down, the first human reaction is to protect oneself. Then they can tack on a charge of assaulting an officer?:n00b: It's retarded that they apparently expect you to lie there and allow an animal to chew on your body parts.:rolleyes: Think they might know all this? Just sayin'....

While hard to do I'm sure and I have no personal experience, I read years ago in an article about protecting yourself if attacked by a dog, grab it's throat and attempt to tear out it's windpipe. Or kick/knee it in the sternum.

As far as charging the guy, I agree EXPLAIN to him NOT to provoke the animal, and send him on his way. Total waste of time and resources.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I think what we had here was a failure to communicate. The perp was perhaps unaware that he was barking upsetting things at Officer Chompy.
    Perp: "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries."
    Officer C: "I am seriously contemplating ripping your entire head off."
    Perp: "Your mother was actually a female dog"
    Officer C: "I might just injure myself bashing my nose against this window in my desire to rip your intestines out."

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    My feelings exactly. A police dog runs you down, the first human reaction is to protect oneself. Then they can tack on a charge of assaulting an officer?:n00b: It's retarded that they apparently expect you to lie there and allow an animal to chew on your body parts.:rolleyes: Think they might know all this? Just sayin'....

While hard to do I'm sure and I have no personal experience, I read years ago in an article about protecting yourself if attacked by a dog, grab it's throat and attempt to tear out it's windpipe. Or kick/knee it in the sternum.

As far as charging the guy, I agree EXPLAIN to him NOT to provoke the animal, and send him on his way. Total waste of time and resources.

forcing ones forearm to the back of a dog's jawline, where the mandible is attached to the skull, and where it articulates, renders it impossible for the dog to bite. It doesn't matter whether it is a poodle or a presa canaria, you have stopped their muscles from being able to use the fulcrum on which they exert bite pressure.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    See the problem here is...it is not a fair fight.....i have never met a dog i could not get ahold of and **** up, that has had a collar on.....but then we have the bigger issue of the officer after letting the dog out to get his ass whipped.....would threaten to shoot the man for the abusing a police animal.....so kinda back to the same charge......it's an endless cycle...

well then to make it a fair fight we'll get 2 of officer chompys buddies named blazer and laser and put the dogs and the guy in a bite suit in a cage fight for 60 seconds. winner takes all.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    His defense: "Yes your honor I barked at the dog, it is a dog after all. At least I didn't leave it in a hot sweltering car to die like other LEO's have done."

I get it, cops are under a lot of stress, but sometimes you just need to say move along.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    forcing ones forearm to the back of a dog's jawline, where the mandible is attached to the skull, and where it articulates, renders it impossible for the dog to bite. It doesn't matter whether it is a poodle or a presa canaria, you have stopped their muscles from being able to use the fulcrum on which they exert bite pressure.

That is how I was always taught, growing up with large dogs that, while not really aggressive towards me, liked to play kinda rough.
    It is really difficult to force yourself into that reaction though, when instant reaction is normally to pull away.

Top Bottom