• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They charged him because they "thought" he wanted to be seen by someone trespassing on his property and peering through his windows........

I guess if they "think" you are guilty you must be. "prove you were innocent much?"

........... I can't wait til I get back out to the country where there is probably less than 10 cars that will drive by in a day.

Yes, and then think of all the nakedness you can achieve....... :wrongdoor: :D

Seriously, I'm with you (not on the nakedness) I will be moving into the sticks at my first opportunity.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Officer Bud Walker said officers also consulted the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office and they were given the green light to proceed with the charge.

Do we really have mindless officers out there?

I mean, they had to ask for permission to proceed?

What ever happened to lady, "You shouldn't be peeping into Mr. So&So's house like that. Move along here - nothing to see."

I mean, as a future officer, I couldn't go home that night knowing I did the right thing while some freedom loving naked guy is in jail for NOTHING.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I know the woman isn't telling the truth. What 5-year old is awake at 5:30 in the morning! I would also like to know why the police haven't arrested the woman for trespassing?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    this reminds me of a rumor that Indiana has a law that you are supposed to only do it missionary style. even if that were true, how would they enforce it?... oh i know!! get more of these women to peak into your windows!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Do we really have mindless officers out there?

I mean, they had to ask for permission to proceed?

What ever happened to lady, "You shouldn't be peeping into Mr. So&So's house like that. Move along here - nothing to see."

I mean, as a future officer, I couldn't go home that night knowing I did the right thing while some freedom loving naked guy is in jail for NOTHING.

In my opinion, what you touched on is the devolution of Peace Officer to Law Enforcer. Many times, as in this case, the state is more interested in an arrest and revenue generation (victimless crime, code enforcement, etc.) than simply ensuring a peaceful society.

An example that always sticks out in my mind is one that involves tailgating. My family and friends look forward to college football season every year because it offers us the opportunity to reconnect with friends and family from out of town. Well, what has happened in the past few years is that excise law enforcers have been dressing in plain clothes and sneaking around the tailgate lots to catch people violating some code, written in some book, stored somewhere. You will be enjoying the weather, food and spirits with friends one second and descended upon by excise law enforcers the next. They 'blend in" and spring on people in droves. They make everyone show ID and start asking a bunch of questions about who brought what, who is sharing, etc... This happened to my group last week. Now, bear in mind we are all older alumni with family. Some games the kids outnumber the adults. No one was "disturbing the peace", there was no excessive consumption, there was no swearing, no one waving thier Glocks in the air. But yet, there we all were, forking over our papers to the enforcers, in front of our kids, parents and grandparents. Law enforcement vs. Keeping the Peace.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    First I cant believe this guy was arrested. There is no proof, just the word of the woman. Did he admit to the police he was naked if front of a window? In that case he should be arrested not for nude behavior but for stupidity.

I hope that if someone makes an accusation likes this the police don't arrest you unless there is some proof.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The last couple of posts hit on the issues that I think are the real crux here.

What the hell is wrong with the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office and the local PD that they would even consider this as a "case"?

The citizens of Virginia's tax money at work!

And not only will he have to register as a "sex offender", he'll be paid a visit by Child Services. I'm sure they'll grill his own kids and make all kinds of threats about removing them from such a "dangerous environment."

This is the exact kind of BS that ruins peoples lives! And some wonder why I seem to have some sort of problem with the authorities. How many stories like this do you have to read to finally figure out that government can wipe you out anytime it gets the whim?

It's too big, it has too much power, the end. State, local, Federal - doesn't matter. They have too much power.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What the hell is wrong with the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office and the local PD that they would even consider this as a "case"?

It's already been touched on. The District Attorney is more interested in convictions than justice. That's the real crime.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom