• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So this kind of over reaction takes place now in VA. But some jack hole in CA kidnaps a littler girl, holds her captive for 18 years in horrible conditions, authorities had even been to this place and he still got away with it for 18 years. Its mind boggling he got away with it for so long. Even under scrutiny.

Could this over reaction be linked to the shame society feels after failing the little girl that was held captive for 18 years?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Only if you hate seeing naked people.

Depends on the people :D

Not only all of the above BUT she was trespassing in his yard to take a short cut by his kitchen window. It's DARK here at 5:30 AM, strange time for a walk with a small child. She is the offending party here and no common sense shown by the District Attorney or investigating officer :rolleyes:

Worse, other news reports say she was walking across his yard. So... she's trespassing on his property, peeking in windows with her kid, and he gets arrested in his own home. Beyond ridiculous.

Agreed the guy should press charges for trespassing and voyeurism.
    But in IN you can be charged for the same thing, IF its visible from off your property.

IC 35-45-4-1
    Public indecency
    (e) A person who, in a place other than a public place, with the intent to be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place:
    (1) engages in sexual intercourse;
    (2) engages in deviate sexual conduct;
    (3) fondles the person's genitals or the genitals of another person; or
    (4) appears in a state of nudity;
    where the person can be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place commits indecent exposure, a Class C misdemeanor.

So if your waving your willy in your picture window its against the law, but if they have to come onto your property to see it your fine. But how many windows (if you live in town) can't be seen into from off your property? Especially if you have neighbors who's houses are as tall as yours. And how would that work for a person who has a six foot privacy fence or hedge that completely encloses their back yard and their out getting an all over tan, but the neighbors can see in from their upstairs windows?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    IC 35-45-4-1
    Public indecency
    (e) A person who, in a place other than a public place, with the intent to be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place:
    (1) engages in sexual intercourse;
    (2) engages in deviate sexual conduct;
    (3) fondles the person's genitals or the genitals of another person; or
    (4) appears in a state of nudity;
    where the person can be seen by persons other than invitees and occupants of that place commits indecent exposure, a Class C misdemeanor.
    Is this in any way a loophole? If I walk around in my house in the nude but NOT with the specific intent for any one else to see me is it then not a chargable offense.

Last edited:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    So this kind of over reaction takes place now in VA. But some jack hole in CA kidnaps a littler girl, holds her captive for 18 years in horrible conditions, authorities had even been to this place and he still got away with it for 18 years. Its mind boggling he got away with it for so long. Even under scrutiny.

Could this over reaction be linked to the shame society feels after failing the little girl that was held captive for 18 years?

So is there some sort of connection to a guy making coffee nude in his own kitchen at 5:30 am and a girl being kidnapped for 18-years that I'm missing? lol

It just sounds like a crusty, uptight, busybody, tresspassing and sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong. Generally, and mind you, I'm only an amateur psychologist, a woman who would react in this way to such a thing is most likely sexually frustrated and really enjoyed what she saw, but reported it so she could continue to pretend to herself that such things are actually disgusting.

Of course, there is always the chance that we're not getting the whole story and the news is reporting it wrong (*gasp* Imagine that!?), but if it is as it appears, this woman most likely has some issues.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So is there some sort of connection to a guy making coffee nude in his own kitchen at 5:30 am and a girl being kidnapped for 18-years that I'm missing? lol

It just sounds like a crusty, uptight, busybody, tresspassing and sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong. Generally, and mind you, I'm only an amateur psychologist, a woman who would react in this way to such a thing is most likely sexually frustrated and really enjoyed what she saw, but reported it so she could continue to pretend to herself that such things are actually disgusting.

Of course, there is always the chance that we're not getting the whole story and the news is reporting it wrong (*gasp* Imagine that!?), but if it is as it appears, this woman most likely has some issues.

There is the chance we are not getting the whole story. But given the time of day etc and the info we did get I think the police could have used a little more G2 in this case and warned and walked away. So did the police over react with the though in the back of their heads "Gee that guy CA got away with bad behavior much more serious than this and authorities had checked in on him, maybe we better over react just in case"

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Probably not in Virginia, since they don't follow Indiana code. :):

Here is Virginia's law, including the definition of "obscene."

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=+2]VIRGINIA[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]§ 18.2-372. "Obscene" defined.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]The word "obscene" where it appears in this article shall mean that which, considered as a whole, has as its dominant theme or purpose an appeal to the prurient interest in sex, that is, a shameful or morbid interest in nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement, excretory functions or products thereof or sadomasochistic abuse, and which goes substantially beyond customary limits of candor in description or representation of such matters and which, taken as a whole, does not have serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](Code 1950, § 18.1-227; 1960, c. 233; 1975, cc. 14, 15.) [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]§ 18.2-387 Indecent exposure [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1]Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1](Code 1950, § 18.1-236; 1960, c. 233; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1994, c. 398.) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]This story says that police say the man was "trying to get the attention" of people outside of his home.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1009/670443.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I'd like to read the PC affidavit and witness statements on this one. Seems odd that a woman would be out that early walking with a little boy, but lot's of people jog/walk in the early AM. Maybe she didn't have anyone to watch him, so she took him along for the walk. Also seems odd to me to make coffee naked in your kitchen, but hey, whatever floats his sugar cube, I guess. If the guy is just making coffee, that's one thing....if he's doing the naked Macarena in the window, that's quite another. :D[/SIZE]

Maybe he got their attention by yelling "Get the hell out of my backyard before I call the cops!"

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I live in a podunk town and I walk around the house naked.
    6f60t51.gif

:):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    0530 sounds early to me to be doing so, but if mom was walking her 7 yr old to the school bus, I could understand her being out that early with Junior.

Nonetheless, this is still :bs:. He was in his home. Like Agent, I'd like to read the official papers on this, not just the "news"paper :poop:.

Blessings,
    Bill

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    0530 sounds early to me to be doing so, but if mom was walking her 7 yr old to the school bus, I could understand her being out that early with Junior.

Nonetheless, this is still :bs:. He was in his home. Like Agent, I'd like to read the official papers on this, not just the "news"paper :poop:.

Blessings,
    Bill

Man, what kind of school bus shows up that early? When I was a rugrat, I think it came around 7:45 or so. 5:30 for a school bus seems nuts!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You wouldn't think he'd have much luck trying to draw attention to himself at 5:30 when most people are still in bed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm going to be surrounded by about 18 acres of sticks.

They charged him because they "thought" he wanted to be seen by someone trespassing on his property and peering through his windows........

I guess if they "think" you are guilty you must be. "prove you were innocent much?"

Yes, and then think of all the nakedness you can achieve....... :wrongdoor: :D

Seriously, I'm with you (not on the nakedness) I will be moving into the sticks at my first opportunity.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Man, what kind of school bus shows up that early? When I was a rugrat, I think it came around 7:45 or so. 5:30 for a school bus seems nuts!

Bus here shows up at 8:30.

My opinion, the lady needs to be charged for being a peeping Tanya. She's trespassing, looking into his home, then cries foul when she sees something she doesn't want to see.
    Disclaimer: If he was in fact yankin on wee willy or some other type of leisure that isn't just making coffee, I have to think on it a bit and may change my opinion. (I can do this as I am a woman) :):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    even if he is yankin on wee willy. get off of his property. no one forced her there. that could be his way of saying "get out of here"
    Didn't say I would agree with it but the law is clear. Agent007 posted earlier.
    If he was yanking it, then it would appear to be he was trying to get attention.
    Even so, she should be cited for trespassing.

Top Bottom