Maine nurse won't observe Ebola quarantine - your take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    attachment.php

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I say offer her quarantine. Then if she refuses and infects somebody, she's criminally liable as she was warned and offered a solution that would prevent spreading infection. If she develops symptoms and One or more die and it can be proven beyond a resonable doubt that they caught it from her, (and she lives) she should be tried in court for their deaths. After all, if she acted irresponsibly and directly caused the deaths of others, she should be punished.

I see this no differently than one of us being tried for murder because we were told that guns were dangerous and not to point it at things we didnt want to destroy, and instead we said "Meh. I'm OK. I know what I'm doing. I wont kill anyone." and then accidentally shot somebody while playing around pointing it at things we dont want to destroy.

If you have the flu, and someone "catches it" from you and ends up dying, do you think you should be imprisoned for murder?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When you get sick, you tell people your "rights" are being violated? Do you believe it is a "right" to remain disease-free?

Influenza could easily wipe out an immunocomprimised person. It is said to kill tens of thousands of people per year. How much freedom must be eliminated to create the perception of safety you are seeking?

Shall we also ask the government to lock up her boyfriend, family, and friends? They all must suffer so that we can feel safe from biology.

If you have the flu, and someone "catches it" from you and ends up dying, do you think you should be imprisoned for murder?

Advocating Germs now.
    I guess because germs are part of nature, germs have rights and should just run their course?

Same as bombmakers that believe their bombs they make have their right to blow up.

Same as pedophiles that believe they have natural urges, so they have the right to act on them.

Same as fires that have the need to burn so why should we interfere with them.

Same as zombies have the urge to eat brains, what right do we have to stop them.

Rambone, Do you really hate people that much? :dunno:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So, how many times does she have to be medically cleared before the politicians and panic stricken masses will let her live her life? She's been cleared twice now, by people that actually have experience and degrees in medicine, unlike reporters and INGO members. She doesn't have ebola, why should she abide by some asshats quarantine?

You keep saying she's been "cleared". You aren't cleared by a negative test. A test isn't going to show up positive immediately, sometimes not until 3 days after symptoms start.

The need for quarantine is certainly debatable, but if were so easy to test everyone there would be no need for monitoring.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    How much time is left on her 21 day period anyways? Feels like this has been going on for awhile now.

Is there any information on the breakdown on when people become symptomatic within the 21 day period? It varies for everybody from 1-21 days, so I wonder what the distribution is.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Will do chief!

I will even include pneumonia, which kills 40,000 - 70,000 each year in the United States.

Pneumonia isn't very often caused by a contagious disease, at least not n recent years in this country. It's often secondary to other diseases and conditions.

I will also include tuberculosis, which kills 2,000,000 each year worldwide, is highly contagious, and killed 536 in the United States
    Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for tuberculosis; each state has their own law on the same. Monitoring and testing goes on regularly in both people and animals and is often required for certain movements or to go to certain locations.

I will even include MRSA, which killed 18,000 in the United States in 2005.
    MRSA is generally spread by healthcare workers. Presents an interesting conundrum for the sick, obviously, but it's not a disease likely spread on the street.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

When the mortality rate for the flu is upwards of 50-60%, maybe. But its not. Apples and oranges. Nice strawman BTW...

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    There is no legitimate reason for her to be isolated. She is asymptomatic.

Just because the Gov. of Maine wants to claim that no one knows anything about anything.. I think he knows nothing and should therefore SHUT-UP.

Under the health laws you can only be quarantined against your will of you are infectious and post an actual health threat to others which she does not.

Judge apparently agreed and dropped her restrictions. Gov. of course claims Judge is an idiot.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    When you get sick, you tell people your "rights" are being violated? Do you believe it is a "right" to remain disease-free?

Influenza could easily wipe out an immunocomprimised person. It is said to kill tens of thousands of people per year. How much freedom must be eliminated to create the perception of safety you are seeking?

Um, yeah, if we have a walking sepsis that refuses to keep him/herself away from me, therefore exposing me to a virus unnecessarily. Someone totally unaware, I can't so much object to, but if you have a good chance of having been exposed, then [bad word] you. That's not just for ebola, but flu, HIV, what the [bad word] ever. If you're coming at me with a firearm aimed at me with your finger on the trigger, you get two to the heart and one to the mind. How in hell am I supposed to know if you are coming at me with a virus that would be equally lethal (and a lot more miserable)? Your freedom to shed virii ends at my nose. How is that so damned hard for you to understand?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    She is a CDC employee. She stated that when she signed in and attended a medical conference last May. Her lawyer is a White House insider.

There is no proof that she treated anybody with ebola in Sierra Leone if she was even there.

She is being presented to disprove any reason for any quarantine. "SEE QUARANTINE IS STUPID AND NOT NEEDED YOU IDIOTS"

We are being played. AGAIN.

Do a little research.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    And I agree. To expound on what bothers me about waiting until "somebody shows symptoms"....

You go to bed at night feeling a little fatigued. No temperature, no symptoms. You wake in the middle of the night with a fever. Your wife has been sleeping next to you all night. You spend a couple of hours in the bathroom puking. You say to yourself, I feel pretty ****ty. I better get this looked at.

So you pull on your pants and wake the wife to drive you to the hospital. While you are waiting in the ER, she goes to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee and use the bathrooom. You are in the ER expelling fluids. The security guy checks in on you. The gal with the clipboard asks you some questions.

How many people have been exposed innocently just doing their jobs?

That is how it gets way out of control.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

Pneumonia isn't very often caused by a contagious disease, at least not n recent years in this country. It's often secondary to other diseases and conditions.

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for tuberculosis; each state has their own law on the same. Monitoring and testing goes on regularly in both people and animals and is often required for certain movements or to go to certain locations.

MRSA is generally spread by healthcare workers. Presents an interesting conundrum for the sick, obviously, but it's not a disease likely spread on the street.

Actually, a recent study has shown that College athletes involved in contact sports, carry MRSA at a much higher rate than any other segment of the population.So yes, it is likely "spread on the street". (so to speak)

Top Bottom