Maine nurse won't observe Ebola quarantine - your take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Actually, a recent study has shown that College athletes involved in contact sports, carry MRSA at a much higher rate than any other segment of the population.So yes, it is likely "spread on the street". (so to speak)

Is quarantine a solution to prevent the spread of MRSA? From what I know about it medically, it is not.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Actually, a recent study has shown that College athletes involved in contact sports, carry MRSA at a much higher rate than any other segment of the population.So yes, it is likely "spread on the street". (so to speak)

Good point. But is quarantine a solution to prevent the spread of MRSA? From what I know about it medically, it is not. Whether or not quarantine is appropriate for an ebola exposure depends more on whether or not we have enough data about the shed of virus during the onset of symptoms, whether everyone has a fever in time to get them isolated, etc. I think the previous point was whether or not we are just "reacting" to Ebola as compared to other diseases we don't quarantine.

There is no doubt fear of it. But there are also rational reasons to greatly limit the contact of someone potentially exposed to Ebola.

I think the current monitoring of the "low risk" people returning from west Africa is very appropriate. They supposedly haven't been directly exposed, and hopefully the monitoring encourages them to get attention (and treatment/isolation if needed) rather than encouraging them to lie and avoid authorities.

Isn't that what she is doing?
    She may be already choosing not to exposure herself to the public. I have no problem with the bike ride, etc. She has stated she "won't obey a quarantine" but it could be that the media is leaving out details of what she said to sensationalize the story. They do that a lot!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    She is a CDC employee. She stated that when she signed in and attended a medical conference last May. Her lawyer is a White House insider.

There is no proof that she treated anybody with ebola in Sierra Leone if she was even there.

She is being presented to disprove any reason for any quarantine. "SEE QUARANTINE IS STUPID AND NOT NEEDED YOU IDIOTS"

We are being played. AGAIN.

Do a little research.

All apparent the moment it was discovered that she *tried* to scrub info from the net.
    The internet is forever.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, I may have missed it but other than SAYING she is not following a quarantine and riding her bike, what else has she been doing cause this panic?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    And there^ it is. What are we being directed AWAY from? ...Go ahead, think on that for a minute. I'll wait. :):

I'll play.
    The Right would like you to vote Republican (this week) because Obama has left us vulnerable to ISIS and Ebola. The left wants to hide the fact that Obama has sold us out to aliens from Tralfamadore. When Ebola corpses reanimate we will know the truth. Libertarians are not involved. If they are, it is only unintentionally. JG, am I close?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's not Tralfamadore, it's Remulak. Get it straight, man. They're here, and they're from... France. cf Sylvain.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For those who want to quarantine this lady or any other on the chance that she MIGHT have Ebola with no due process, I only hope they quarantine them or their loved ones to the fullest extent should they ever be suspected of being in contact with Ebola. No doctors or nurses need risk themselves to save them.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I am perfectly willing to quarantine myself on the merest suspicion of infection with anything deadly, because I'm not willing to be the agent of death to someone who doesn't deserve it. Why isn't she?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For those who want to quarantine this lady or any other on the chance that she MIGHT have Ebola with no due process, I only hope they quarantine them or their loved ones to the fullest extent should they ever be suspected of being in contact with Ebola. No doctors or nurses need risk themselves to save them.
    Actually, she has been through the court system now and the judge told the government to stick it. She's not going to be quarantined because a bunch of Nancy's panties are all bunched up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

If it were me or my loved ones I would hope (pray) that someone would quarantine myself and my loved ones to the fullest extent without due process for the prescribed period....I wish that for everyone, not just those that think she should be quarantined, but others as well.........I would also want no Doctors or Nurses around..(for their safety)....

Yankee Ginger Nurse reminds me of a spoiled 10 year old looking out the window at threatening skies and screaming, "BUT I WANNA RIDE MY BIKE!!!!" and her parents saying "But honey it's dangerous outside as there is a CHANCE for a tornado and if something happens us (and others) may have to try to find you during the storm it could put lives at risk.."...."WHATEVER...I DO WHAT I WANT AND I WANNA RIDE MY BIKE!!!!!!!"

What spoiled narccisistic people we have become.....Oh...And just to prove how big my ego is....I will post my bike ride on twiitter to make sure my whine is heard all the way across the world.....

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Actually, she has been through the court system now and the judge told the government to stick it. She's not going to be quarantined because a bunch of Nancy's panties are all bunched up.

That's nothing...There is a thread in the general firearms section about some Nancy's panties all wadded up over get this...Lead in shooting ranges!!!!!I am not kidding!!!! Seriously someone was whining about there being "lead" in the air of indoor shooting ranges......You need to go over there and point out what a Nancy's panties he is...

Remember...Consistency in whining is the secret to one's success in changing folks minds with the whine....

Here is the link...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/363271-gun-ranges-lead-poisoning.html

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Has anyone been playing around with her bodily fluids and bodily excretions? If not then you aren't going to get ebola. If you just go around randomly taste testing various piles and puddles of potential bodily fluids and excretions you now have a chance of contracting ebola. Pretty simple.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That's nothing...There is a thread in the general firearms section about some Nancy's panties all wadded up over get this...Lead in shooting ranges!!!!!I am not kidding!!!! Seriously someone was whining about there being "lead" in the air of indoor shooting ranges......You need to go over there and point out what a Nancy's panties he is...

Remember...Consistency in whining is the secret to one's success in changing folks minds with the whine....

Here is the link...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/363271-gun-ranges-lead-poisoning.html
    I've not read entire thread, but when I read this post, then followed link, I found it pretty funny!!!

Tried to rep, but I must spread it around.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

This is what's wrong with big government. They have no way of sending in jackbooted thugs to make individuals do what we want them to do whether they like it or not. I'm very disappointed by the activist judicial system. We'll all get ebola because of it. In fact, I feel like I have ebola already because I saw some Liberians coughing and sneezing at the Indy airport.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    This is what's wrong with big government. They have no way of sending in jackbooted thugs to make individuals do what we want them to do whether they like it or not. I'm very disappointed by the activist judicial system. We'll all get ebola because of it. In fact, I feel like I have ebola already because I saw some Liberians coughing and sneezing at the Indy airport.

They say they were from Liberia?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Here is the link...

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

Top Bottom