Maine nurse won't observe Ebola quarantine - your take?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She's an obnoxious, whiny, narcissistic ________. She should VOLUNTARILY not put others at risk.

But, I'm not comfortable with .gov (state or federal) limiting her freedom without due process. Have an emergency hearing and let a judge decide if she's a risk to herself or others.

We kinda already have a process for that, after all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think she's a stupid selfish *****. Her actions here void any good things she did in Africa in my opinion. If she gets Ebola and infects anyone else she should be put in prison If she lives.
    The Kenyan will probly invide her over to the big house for a beer...... In about a month

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    http://www.americanbar.org/content/...wardsprogram/08GSwinneressay.authcheckdam.pdf

Kind of an interesting history of quarantine. Of course it is written for and by lawyers...

I am still curious how my wanting people to be careful when returning from a viral disaster area is hating freedom. Thats just nuts.
    History is just that. History. If they failed in the past use those lessons and do it right this time. Will they catch everything.....no. Will not trying at all be better because some one feels slighted.....screw that.
    Get a handle on this and get it taken care of. If the Gov, wants to do it then great. At last some good return from the idiotic amount of taxes we shovel into the system.

Again, asking that people returning from that area take precautions so we are "Safer" is me hating freedom how again.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    So I guess you are OK with letting folks come and go from those areas that have had direct contact just wonder "Freely" around. Fair question.
    I firmly believe these people should be free to wonder. At will. Should they, however, choose to wander, such wandering should be curtailed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I firmly believe these people should be free to wonder. At will. Should they, however, choose to wander, such wandering should be curtailed.

Congratulations, you know the difference between wonder and wander. We'll go ahead and set that aside for your tombstone as your "life's accomplishment".

Very petty.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    She's a nurse for gosh sake! She knows the risk she could be to others if she is infected. You would think she would be smart enough to know she should just wait out the time. If it was me I feel it would be my civic duty to do such. It's 21 days!! Just 21 days to sit on your azz and :popcorn: Enjoy the time off lady. The world won't stop if you take a break. If you do turn out to be sick how are you going to fluff this off.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The ginger is genetically predisposed to being disagreeable.

Its cause they have no soul.
    secret.gif

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Well Officer, she posed an imminent risk to me and her actions put me in fear for my life, so... (purple as necessary)

Congratulations, you know the difference between wonder and wander. We'll go ahead and set that aside for your tombstone as your "life's accomplishment".

Very petty.

Petty is the INGO way, is it not??

And what is YOUR claim to fame?!? Veiled threats against healthcare workers???

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So I guess you are OK with letting folks come and go from those areas that have had direct contact just wonder "Freely" around. Fair question.

You have to form a legal basis for the detainment. Something based on evidence and due process. Not fear and emotion.

Top Bottom