• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I am glad it's not me in this situation but in a way I wish it was. It seems like if you turn it in the ATF ought to at least let you shoot it......once.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Never said I owned just a hypothetical question that was asked to me, yes I did direct them to an expert. Wow did I get some jump to the gun replies, I know this gun is worth a lot, just was wondering if anyone on this forum had a similar experience and how much red tape was involved

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Never said I owned just a hypothetical question that was asked to me, yes I did direct them to an expert. Wow did I get some jump to the gun replies, I know this gun is worth a lot, just was wondering if anyone on this forum had a similar experience and how much red tape was involved

Don't take offense with the responses you got. I know it was unclear to me it was a hypothetical question and it appears it was to others as well. Just like you may not have expressed your question as precisely as you intended, keep in mind, on an internet forum environment, others may not precisely respond as well as they'd like.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Definitely wouldn't have posted this one online. You need to get ahold of the proper authorities to have it picked up. Sadly it isn't legal and it never will be. End of story, not worth a trip to club fed.

This is a forum it's not like I posted the question on Google thought this was the place to ask questions and to hopefully get some what of an honest answer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Don't take offense with the responses you got. I know it was unclear to me it was a hypothetical question and it appears it was to others as well. Just like you may not have expressed your question as precisely as you intended, keep in mind, on an internet forum environment, others may not precisely respond as well as they'd like.
    Yep understood I'll pay more attention to my wording especially with this touchy subject, no I don't take offense to the replies I got on this question or any other questions, and thanks for the advice

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Ok understood, but what doesn't the government monitor

They don't monitor the true intent of the Constitution of The United States of America, that states the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What also makes me sad is that I have discussed this with my personal lawyer and was told his firm doesn't want to go near it. Really sad.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Your OP didn't seem hypothetical. You could have started by saying, "Hey, hypothetically..."

So this never actually happened? You said your friend hypothetically asked you about a scenario that someone he works with is in? So after your hypothetical friend's hypothetical co-worker asked you this, you referred them to an expert? Then you go on to say that you know this gun is worth a lot of money. I thought it was a hypothetical scenario. So is it hypothetical or not? Sounds like you got your foot pretty far down your throat and now you need to clean up your mess.

You started with a pretty personal question, about a gun you got from your dad. Now it's a question your friend's co-worker asked him, then he asked you, then you asked us. Right. Never heard that story before. Your posts and story are very inconsistent. I don't blame you, I'd be nervous right about now, too.

Whatever "your friend's co-worker*" does, best of luck to him.

*When I say "Friend's co-worker" I am actually referring to the OP.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Your OP didn't seem hypothetical. You could have started by saying, "Hey, hypothetically..."

So this never actually happened? You said your friend hypothetically asked you about a scenario that someone he works with is in? So after your hypothetical friend's hypothetical co-worker asked you this, you referred them to an expert? Then you go on to say that you know this gun is worth a lot of money. I thought it was a hypothetical scenario. So is it hypothetical or not? Sounds like you got your foot pretty far down your throat and now you need to clean up your mess.

You started with a pretty personal question, about a gun you got from your dad. Now it's a question your friend's co-worker asked him, then he asked you, then you asked us. Right. Never heard that story before. Your posts and story are very inconsistent. I don't blame you, I'd be nervous right about now, too.

Whatever "your friend's co-worker*" does, best of luck to him.

*When I say "Friend's co-worker" I am actually referring to the OP.

Exactly.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I think you were given good answers from people who had your best interest in mind. Maybe they assumed too much, but they answered your question with the intent to keep you out of prison. If it was hypothetical, the answers are still good.

Unfortunately, there is no red tape since an unregistered machine gun must be turned over to the ATF.

Top Bottom