• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Hobart
    Yes I did get positive and negative answers to my question, I guess next time someone asks me a question about such a touchy subject i'll direct them to become a member of INGUNOWNERS.COM and ask it themselves. This way I won't look stupid asking it for them without knowing all the details of the posed questions. Sorry if I offended anyone I was trying to be a nice guy and help someone out

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    butthurt.jpg

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You could hypothetically call 1-800-ATF-GUNS and report an unregistered machine gun and collect the reward.

"You have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide." JG

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yes I did get positive and negative answers to my question, I guess next time someone asks me a question about such a touchy subject i'll direct them to become a member of INGUNOWNERS.COM and ask it themselves. This way I won't look stupid asking it for them without knowing all the details of the posed questions. Sorry if I offended anyone I was trying to be a nice guy and help someone out

Dude let it go. The original post was very clear. If it wasn't you wouldn't have deleted it.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

What offends me is that you still think we're buying this "guy who works with a friend of mine" line of BS. There was absolutely nothing in the OP that would indicate it was a hypothetical question. Your next few posts contradicted your claim of this being a hypothetical question. Your last post just cemented that.

Let me ask you this. Why would you, if this machinegun really was bequeathed to a guy who works with your friend, WHY would you tell us that your father left YOU a Thompson? Can you answer that for me?

JD, you said it best. LET IT GO.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You didn't start out with, "Let's say my father left me an illegal, undocumented machinegun..."

Or even, "Hypothetically, if someone left you a highly illegal unregistered fully automatic Tommy gun..."

Or perhaps, "What would the options be if someone left me an outrageously illegal nontransferable Thompson sub machinegun..."

I think the best way would have been, "What would you do if someone willed you an unregistered machine gun? That way, no names are involved, no specifics, and no mention of what kind of gun. Your OP was actually very specific, and very personal.

You said, in your OP, that your father bequeathed a gun to you, and that it was an old Thompson. That's what YOU said.

Quit playing me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What offends me is that you still think we're buying this "guy who works with a friend of mine" line of BS. There was absolutely nothing in the OP that would indicate it was a hypothetical question. Your next few posts contradicted your claim of this being a hypothetical question. Your last post just cemented that.

Let me ask you this. Why would you, if this machinegun really was bequeathed to a guy who works with your friend, WHY would you tell us that your father left YOU a Thompson? Can you answer that for me?

JD, you said it best. LET IT GO.
    Wow. Why do any of you care which story is true?

You guys should take your own advice. Let it go.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Why do I care? I care because I hate being lied to. I only respond to the OP's posts. If he drops it, I drop it, simple as that. I'm not the one perpetuating this trainwreck, although it has been an enjoyable ride.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey, CPT...

...Remember that one time when I banned you? Permanently? And we let you come back when you promised you were going to turn a "new leaf"?

I remember. Let it go.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It sure would be great if life gave all of us mulligans when we make foolish statements, wouldn't it?

My girl constantly asks me for a Mulligan when I give a poor performance, I'm like dam I have to do THAT again.. Agggghhhhhhhh....

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

I care because I also don't like being lied to. I care because illegal machine guns make us all look bad when they come out. I care because INGO members gave the best advice possible to the now deleted original post only to be made fools of.

I take pride in helping people because less than 10 years ago I was a nokb with only two rifles. I was fed the Bs stories and old wives tales about laws. Luckily I got away from that and later found INGO.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I care because I also don't like being lied to. I care because illegal machine guns make us all look bad when they come out. I care because INGO members gave the best advice possible to the now deleted original post only to be made fools of.

I take pride in helping people because less than 10 years ago I was a nokb with only two rifles. I was fed the Bs stories and old wives tales about laws. Luckily I got away from that and later found INGO.
    How does an unregistered machine gun make anyone other than the government look bad?

And made a fool of? I didn't see anyone made a fool of. His gun, someone else's gun, no gun, the advice is the same. I don't understand why you take this so personally.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Delete this post, NOW. No you cannot register it. You MUST forfeit it at the nearest police department. Being in possession of that gun will land you in PRISON. Do not keep it, do not speak any more of it.

1. Advising someone to walk into the nearest police station with a machine gun is bad advice.

2. OP follows your advice to delete the post and then you jump on him for it. This is not an interrogation room calm down.

Top Bottom