• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have an M&P 45 full size I love it. Very accurate, easiest gun in the world to do a trigger job on, EXTREMELY easy to change sights on, 14 round magazines available, did I mention accurate? Great finish, nice low bore axis. Manageable recoil. I like it better than the XD 45 4", the Sig P250 .45 Full size, and about as well as a 1911. Feels a helluva lot better than the Glock also.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    There is many on the board that own them. Other then my 1911 they are the only semi auto pistols I own. Got rid of the glocks for M&P's and havent looked back!

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have the full size and compact 9mm and been thinking about getting the pro series as well. Check around with the site supporters on INGO for pricing - also, Indy Gun Safety has a link to Davidson's on his website that you can check out the door pricing on. I like the M&P series - let my Glock 19 go in favor of one and haven't given it a second thought.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have used an MP9 since the first of the year, have put over 1500 rounds through it with zero problems. It's a very dependable, very accurate handgun. Mines a full size and I'm saving for a compact to carry. Can't go wrong.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the 4 of them. The 9mm full, 45c, 45 mid and 45 full. I had the same trigger work on them all. Exceptional firearms. I also put the same night sights on all. They never fail. Crimson trace grip is a great add-on for it. Have it on 3 of mine. Not avail for 45c.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    been thinking about CT for mine (.45 full size). Being left handed, I don't know if my thumbs would get in the way...

It definitely is something you need to look into. When I practice left handed I have to work on it. Basically for me I put my thumb right on top opf it.

Depending on how you look at it, a right handed hold places the index finger in an area that can block the laser. Tactically this could be seen as good and bad.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    no horror stories that always a good thing :) but im sure someone will pipe in with one now. this is going to be a silly question also would u get a laser for it, if its just a range gun?

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I've had my 9c for well over a year now. I'm in love with it. I have shot a lot of handguns. The M&P seems to be the best feeling, easy to shoot and hit what I'm aim'n at handgun I've ever owned. In the shadow of Johny Cash - I'm sure I've better guns but I really can't remember when.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I love them. I recently switched to a M&P9L for home defense and am thinking of replacing my edc glock 26 w/a M&P9c.

For me they are a nice switch/improvement from gen 3 glocks w/o the issues (whoops there goes the can of worms) of gen 4 glocks.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Have not had the chance to save up enough for an M&P yet, but I am working on it. I have a SW40VE(Sigma), and besides the heavy (9.5 lb) trigger pull, I love the gun. I know the M&P's are an upgrade from the Sigma series, so I think you could bet that the M&P's are very good pistols.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i actually liked my old Sigma 9VE more than I like my M&P 45. :n00b:

the shape of the grip fit my hand better. and the trigger feels pretty much the same to me. I wouldn't mind trying out an SD9 for comparison.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I have The M&P .45 Compact, And LOVE IT!! Fits my hand great, Shoots Great, Carries Great, It is just a Great gun Period !! I will never get rid of mine...Ever !!

Top Bottom