• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I got my first one several years ago, a M&P 9. Since then I've put 10,000+ rounds through it. No signs of wear but I do have a new set of springs ordered for it, more preventive maintenance than need. I shoot mostly cast and plated bullets, the barrel shows no signs of wear. The only malfunctions I've had I can trace directly back to my reloads, (working up light loads for target practice) never had a problem with factory ammo.

I was impressed enough I picked up a M&P 9c, it has 1500 + rounds and an M&P 40 with just about 1000 through it, no problems out of either one. The point being, I find them to be highly reliable, durable, accurate and fun! What more could you ask for out of a pistol?

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've put over 3000 trouble free rounds down range through my M&P 9. It is the gun I use for IDPA/Steel/etc ... I have put in the Apex Duty/Carry trigger kit to improve trigger feel but other than that it is stock.

All-in-all, the M&P 9 is an accurate reliable gun. It is probably the gun I actually shoot the most each year.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have the 5" M&P 9 Pro. I use it almost solely for shooting USPSA Limited Div. I have added the Speed Shooter Specialties Limited Mag Well, and use the Taylor Freelance magazine +5/6 floorplates. Other than the little lever you have to swing out to remove the slide for a complete cleaning, it is the perfect tool.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I have an M&P 9L that i shoot in uspsa production division, runs like a sewing machine. only difference between the 9L and the pro is the trigger and the sights and i have changed both. only reason i didn't buy a pro is because i got a heck of a deal on the 9L.. I like it better than my glock, the M&P just feels better in my hand..

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I didnt read the other posts yet but I say that the M&P is a great weapon! You cfould do ALOT worse than the M&P! I have one of the 9mm Pros and one of the 45 ACP fullsize that I rotate into my EDC. I am a huge Signut but the M&P has also earned its place in my EDC and has done a great job thus far! It fits the hand and points extremely well!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    About 2 months ago I picked up an M&P9 Pro 4.25" model and as much as I love as respect my Glocks, the M&P just is a better pistol for me after shooting both side by side. I had a rust issue on the slide but Smith sent me a shipping label via email and 9 days from Fed Ex pick up til Fed Ex return to get my gun back with a brand new slide.

Gun feels great and shoots great and gobbles up my reloaded ammo like a champ.

Got mine from Bud's Gun Shop for $564 or so I think. Will be adding another M&P or two in the future.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    i have an m&p9. good gun. i like the mag capacity. my buddy has the pro series and likes doing competitions with it.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Ouch. You guys are gonna cost me again. I chose a Glock 17 over the M&P because I could point shoot better with it. The more I use my buddy's M&P the more I like it better than mine. All these nice things to say here... grrrr. I find myself quietly regretting that decision.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    About 2 months ago I picked up an M&P9 Pro 4.25" model and as much as I love as respect my Glocks, the M&P just is a better pistol for me after shooting both side by side. I had a rust issue on the slide but Smith sent me a shipping label via email and 9 days from Fed Ex pick up til Fed Ex return to get my gun back with a brand new slide.

Gun feels great and shoots great and gobbles up my reloaded ammo like a champ.

Got mine from Bud's Gun Shop for $564 or so I think. Will be adding another M&P or two in the future.

you maybe able to answer this, does it have a different trigger i think i read that it does but not 100% sure but i took it too the range and i really liked the trigger anyways haha!:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    you maybe able to answer this, does it have a different trigger i think i read that it does but not 100% sure but i took it too the range and i really liked the trigger anyways haha!:D

I do believe it has some trigger work done to it by the Smith shop, something very close to the Apex kit everyone talks about. I've shot an M&P9C and couldn't really tell much difference and felt I could shoot both equally well. The Glock trigger is better in the sense that it does have a better more positive reset and its just a tick firmer but in all honesty when I'm shooting IDPA or anything else like that I can't tell the difference.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    I do believe it has some trigger work done to it by the Smith shop, something very close to the Apex kit everyone talks about. I've shot an M&P9C and couldn't really tell much difference and felt I could shoot both equally well. The Glock trigger is better in the sense that it does have a better more positive reset and its just a tick firmer but in all honesty when I'm shooting IDPA or anything else like that I can't tell the difference.

thanks! i shot my m&p next to a glock 19 both 9mm, and i do like glocks dont get my wrong but i did like the trigger a little bit more. i also thought that the hinged trigger is kind cool lol:yesway:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    thanks! i shot my m&p next to a glock 19 both 9mm, and i do like glocks dont get my wrong but i did like the trigger a little bit more. i also thought that the hinged trigger is kind cool lol:yesway:

The hinged trigger IS cool. So I guess you now know what you need to do. Good luck!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm with you, I'll never bad mouth a Glock and will still own and shoot them but the M&P just felt better. They did have the advantage of standing on Glock's shoulders to look forward enough to put out a gun than had all the Glock advantages but also to put forth something that wasn't just a wanna-be or Glock clone. The simple things on the M&P have sold me on it, mostly the palm swells and the beavertail frame; time will tell if it can hold up to the abuse people have given their Glocks but I do believe Smith has really upped the ante for the next generation of polymer guns. I'll be adding a few more M&Ps after this!

Top Bottom