• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't like Double-action/single-action guns unless all my guns were that way. it is hard to become proficient with some trigger types and moving back and forth from a DA/SA gun can give you fits because of that difference in trigger pull weight.
    To each, his or her own..... I am 56 Years old, and have Several Different handguns, S/A, D/A, Revolver, Semi auto... I shoot all very well. I am NO expert, but with MY handguns, some I have owned for MORE than 30 years, I can take ANY, or all to a range, and load them up, and pick one up, and shoot, and then repeat the process, with all that I have with me, and shoot, very well, and consistent..... I guess it is what you LIKE, or get used to ..... :twocents: JMHE...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't like Double-action/single-action guns unless all my guns were that way. it is hard to become proficient with some trigger types and moving back and forth from a DA/SA gun can give you fits because of that difference in trigger pull weight.
    To each, his or her own..... I am 56 Years old, and have Several Different handguns, S/A, D/A, Revolver, Semi auto... I shoot all very well. I am NO expert, but with MY handguns, some I have owned for MORE than 30 years, I can take ANY, or all to a range, and load them up, and pick one up, and shoot, and then repeat the process, with all that I have with me, and shoot, very well, and consistent..... I guess it is what you LIKE, or get used to ..... :twocents: JMHE...

I was speaking as much from a stand point of competition and other forms of dynamic shooting as anything. Very few shooters can can switch between action types and be as equally proficient when you are looking at coupling accuracy with speed when on the clock. I could move between Glocks, my 1911, and other guns with little problem since each pull of that gun's trigger was the same each time. Bit moving from a Glock to my CZ with the DA/SA trigger forced me to make a decision and it was to standardize my carry and competition guns so there would be as little variant as possible. Some don't ever seek to shoot in those dynamic environments and have a much more varied collection, which I hope to one day have. That is the only downside to standardizing is everything does kind of have that sameness about it, for good or I'll I suppose!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't understand why you disagree with me, except because maybe you like Sigs? When I lookup a new P226 I see they are around $900. Is this wrong? M&P is $400 and PPQ is $500, which equals exactly $900.
    So you're taking THE MOST expensive price you can find on a sig and then the LOWEST internet price you can find on the other two? I'm not saying that Sigs are cheap... but you can have them for a lot less than $900.

I've NEVER seen an M&P for $400 NIB except from Palmetto, and even then you have to pay shipping and transfer. Same goes for your price on the PPQ.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You can regularly find MP9 for 415-425 (which boggles the hell out of my mind why some people list their used MP9's for $450-500 on the market place). PPQ under 500 shipped.

Here are my thoughts if this is strictly your CC weapon.

g19 - Best option in terms of size. Buy a pre 2010 gen 3 to avoid any recent production issues. Everyone should own one at some point anyhow. Lots of aftermarket support and it does many things well...true jack of all trades.

PPQ - Outstanding quality, ergos, accuracy and trigger. Finding holsters aren't an issue, but sights are scarce at the moment, although stock NS aren't too terrible. This is the best option if you're wanting a brand new gun IMO.
    Angled slide also makes the PPQ feel a little slimmer than it when carrying, however I still can not conceal it to my satisfaction.

MP9 - Be prepared to spend some extra money. Stock trigger doesn't cut it for me and if you are a skilled enough shooter to shoot beyond 25yds and get a gun that has lock up issues, it will be frustrating and another $150 for a fitted barrel.

That being said, the above 3 are really equal once you get them running how you like.

XD - They shoot well but the grip safety is a deal breaker for me.

2022 - Why? If you can afford any of the above, there's no reason to have it on the list. It's a reliable weapon, but it is mediocre in all catagories.

229 - Heavy, recent sig QC, expensive. If you want to spend that much money on something, buy HK.

ETA: I'd really encourage you to look at options like the PPS, mp9c, or shield + a spare mag...they are much more pleasant to conceal.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I have XDsc, G17, and Sig. All good guns, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Springfield. Backstrap safety, lighter than Sig, no need to pull trigger to disassemble (like the Glock).

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'll admit I didn't read all the pages of this thread so I apologize if it has already been said a Sig 229 is the same size as a Glock 19 so if that is the size you want go with that.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The PPQ is becoming my favorite now that I'm starting to OC. It is extremely well engineered, and fully ambidextrous.

I don't OC, but i can also say the ppq is definitely becoming my favorite weapon. Grant from g&r is trying to convince ameriglo to make a run of the idots, which IMO is the only down side to the ppq right now. I will be jumping all over those when they come out.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I don't OC, but i can also say the ppq is definitely becoming my favorite weapon. Grant from g&r is trying to convince ameriglo to make a run of the idots, which IMO is the only down side to the ppq right now. I will be jumping all over those when they come out.

That would be nice! I have IDOT Pro's on my G19 and love them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My Safariland holster has put some dings in the front sight of my PPQ. I'll be all over a new set of sights. Night sights preferred.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    SA only? How about the Browning Hi Power 9mm? It has 13 rounds magazines and you could up to 15 rounds with after market magazines. It fits in most hands very comfy.

I was actually at Bradis yesterday and handled one of those. It could've felt better in my hands, but it was still a nice pistol. I might pick it up simply as a range toy.

Top Bottom