• ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I own both.

Glock 19 - sits in the gun safe where it has sat for 13 years.
    M&P 9 - sits in a holster on my daughter's hip.

Out of all the guns I own or have shot, Glocks are the only one that I can count on to malfunction.

Why would you own a gun you don't trust?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've owned both in the past. Many different flavors of Glocks and an M&P 9c. I liked the way the M&P felt in the hand and shot but no one else in the family did. It started to get rust spots on the slide that showed up every few days when it sat. They came back everyday if I carried it that day. Do a Google search about M&P rust. None of my Glocks ever had any problems with that. I traded the M&P at a 1500 with 12 mags for a new OD Glock 19 w/ night sights and 4 mags. From here on out it will be either Glocks or UNFINISHED stainless.

:twocents:

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    S&W has very good customer service. Any problems and they pay for you to ship it out and they will replace your slide if you really had rust. I've had mine for over a year, been dirty, been in rain, and no problems with rust.
    If you compare the chambers, M&P's are 100% fully supported. Glocks aren't and this is why you hear stories of them "blowing up" with high pressure cartridges.
    I like how the M&P has steel 3-dot sights where the glock has that funky plastic U shape sight for standard sights.
    The grip angle for Glocks is not natural to point compared to the M&P. The M&P also has the interchangable grip sizes that are more ergonomic with the option of the Crimson Trace Laser grip. The CT laser grips for Glocks are bulky or you have to mount it on the trigger guard.
    The M&P has more aggressive serrations on the slide to get a better grip when racking the slide as well as a loaded chamber peep hole indicator.
    The M&P line has the option of ambi manual safety option for those who prefer it (My M&P has no manual safety)
    Lastly, in a poor economy it makes more sense to buy American made goods!!!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have handled Glocks but never owned one (they just don't look right to me). I recently picked up an M&P 9c. After approx 150 rounds, I love it. It seems slightly bigger than I originally thought it was and the trigger is a bit harder to pull than I would prefer (someone told me that would smooth out after more shooting). Other than that I am very pleased with my purchase.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have handled Glocks but never owned one (they just don't look right to me). I recently picked up an M&P 9c. After approx 150 rounds, I love it. It seems slightly bigger than I originally thought it was and the trigger is a bit harder to pull than I would prefer (someone told me that would smooth out after more shooting). Other than that I am very pleased with my purchase.

I have a M&P 9c with 2,000 rounds through it. The trigger is much better now. I also dry fired mine all the time to help the trigger and just to practice trigger control at home. I still dry fire often. Another option that has been popular lately is the APEX tactical sear for the M&P. Your third option is to send it to S&W and for about $100 they will install their PerformanceCenter sear (same as whats used on the M&P Pro).

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    thanks all I took the plunge today, and picked up a full size mp 9, will get some pics up and do my own range report soon. Thanks to all that have helped

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Cool

Congrats on your purchase. This thread had me intrigued, as i was thinking of adding a glock 19 to go with my 23. After reading other members comments I thought I should try out the Smith. A friend of mine has both the mp pro and mp in nine, and after shooting those yesterday better than the glock that i have owned for 10 years, I will be going the MP route. Would not get rid of the glock, but was quite impressed with the smith. Again, congrats on your purchase. :yesway:

thanks all I took the plunge today, and picked up a full size mp 9, will get some pics up and do my own range report soon. Thanks to all that have helped

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    here she is, and I am happy with it so far. Along with the pics of the gun, I have added some pics of me just plinking with it.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BbXAyLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BbXAzLmpwZw-1.jpg

I had to clean up the pics a little to get them to come out. Sorry for the low quality.

This one is at 25ft with gold dot 124 gr. rapid fire.
    utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTQuanBn-1.jpg

And this one is just shooting 300rds of FMJ ammo at center mass 25ft rapid fire, with the head shots at furthest distance in the range at pops, slow fire.
    utf-8BdDEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BdDEuanBn-1.jpg

Rammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Mishawaka
    My current system is the Glock. But that is because I have so many holsters and mags for the 40 caliber glocks. If I had to start over it would be with the M&P. Mostly because it is made in America.

Rammer

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My current system is the Glock. But that is because I have so many holsters and mags for the 40 caliber glocks. If I had to start over it would be with the M&P. Mostly because it is made in America.

Rammer

same here.

We all laugh and joke about the different brands, but both Glock and M&Ps are guns you can trust your lives with.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on you buy. I to am in the M&P fold. I've owned the three models on .45 for a while now and like it a lot. I am in the process of adding a M&P 9mm Full to my fold. I'll have it in hand the end of the week.
    I added the nine primarily for the plinking but also as a defense gun. I will have the same trigger job done to it so all four will have similar pulls.

IMHO the trigger job is an excellent investment. Smith will tag you for $131 and get it back to you inside of 5 days. A local smith will do it for about $75 but may take longer.

I have also done the Trinjicon night sights. I really wish those were standard on the M&P.

Top Bottom