• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fish609

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Glock has a better trigger, is a tad lighter, and is much easier to get parts for.

S&W ... comes with 2 free mags? I dunno any pros. My GF has one so they aren't terrible but I would do the glock.

If you live in NW indiana you can come to the range with me and the girl and shoot both. Just shoot me an message. You can even toss some rounds down stage with my XD9SC also =D.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have had glock for a few years now, with a 3.5 trigger and night sights, its my main go to gun and I love it. Couple a weeks ago I picked up an M&P 9mm and just got it to the range. Lets just say its my new go to gun. I will still use my Glock, but the quality of the M&P is far beyond Glock in my opinion. Lets just say the middle of the target was gone after a box of 9mm.

You too!?! :ar15:

24494_735208748818_20721199_4218538.jpg

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I've owned XD's (sold both for no good reason other than wanted something else), a G17 (1st gen that I still own), and a M&P 9c. I like the ability to look down on the slide and see a round in the chamber for safety purposes. I like that you can disassemble the M&P without pulling the trigger. I like the exchangeable back-straps on the M&P. The trigger is something to get use too on the M&P and I may look into the sear everyone talks about. It does NOT feel like a Glock trigger which I prefer.

The G17 is a terrific gun to shoot. I find myself reaching for it for just plinking at the range. Mine is an older Austrian Sporter model and is more accurate than I can be. It fits my hand like a glove and I would never consider selling. BUT... I would not carry it nor use it in any manner where I need to frequently check to see if a round is in the chamber, or have to pull the trigger for disassembly on a regular basis (I personnally find that un-safe).

I believe S&W and Springfield have made great improvements based off of the original Glock design. I would consider that logic when making a decision if you are going to look at a Gen 3 Glock. If you are going to look at the Gen 4 then some of the features the other two platforms have are now on the Glock (that should tell you something).

In summary, I think all the guns mentioned are quite good and would consider them all safe within the realms of what one would consider as "safe" since it is a gun. It boils down to personal choice. I usually send folks to Pop Guns here in Indy and suggest they rent all three and try a box of ammo out on each gun. That'll tell you a lot of what you do, and do not like. If you have that option it will save you several hundred dollars lost in trades to find your perfect gun.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am a Glock guy, I have a few and a lot of mags for them.

That said, if I were starting all over again and had the choice of either Glock or M&P, I would pick the M&P.

However, I will not be changing platforms, I am too vested in the Glock platform.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I am a Glock guy, I have a few and a lot of mags for them.

That said, if I were starting all over again and had the choice of either Glock or M&P, I would pick the M&P.

However, I will not be changing platforms, I am too vested in the Glock platform.

Financial matters should not prevent you from getting a superior platform if you can afford it. Could it be a pain? Yes. But you'd be better off for it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Financial matters should not prevent you from getting a superior platform if you can afford it. Could it be a pain? Yes. But you'd be better off for it.

The M&P is not a "superior" platfrom in any way or form. The M&P does, however, have a small advantage of being adaptable in the grip area. That feature alone is not enough for me to dump thousands, yes thousands, of dollars worth of known reliable gear.

I also prefer the more positive reset on Glock triggers. I have had the opportunity to handle M&Ps with trigger work done by some of the best in the industry, and why all were very nice, none offered the positive reset that I have come to love and expect.

Again, M&Ps are great guns. And for some one that doesn't already have 10 Glocks and over 100mags and several holsters and spare parts etc... the M&Ps offer a great platfrom to build upon.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I like the M&P. Why? Because I own an M&P and I don't own a Glock. Not that I don't want one, I just haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

There, now you have my scientific, well researched evaluation. :D

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I own both. I prefer the ergonomics of my M&P over my Glock, but thats just my opinion. I think the best gun is whatever is best for the shooter. There is no definite answer here if thats what you are looking for.

IMG_0434.jpg

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    mainly just looking for opinions of those that have owned both for myself to make a well educated decision

Go to a shop and hold both. Shooting both would be ideal. Then decide.

Not to try to sway you one way, but only one is made by Americans here in the good ol' USA.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I own both.

Glock 19 - sits in the gun safe where it has sat for 13 years.
    M&P 9 - sits in a holster on my daughter's hip.

Out of all the guns I own or have shot, Glocks are the only one that I can count on to malfunction.

Top Bottom