• ...and so much more!
  • Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    I think I got it!

I know that the gas tax is a ridiculous idea. duh... However, I do have a better idea. We the People, should institute our own "STUPID" tax that taxes any stupid idea that an elected official tries to push on us. The way I see it, Mr. Lugar would be taxed at the maximum rate for this gas tax. I think we would be out of debt by the end of the year.

:patriot:

..... After thinking about it, I don't think this would work after all. I forgot that these people don't seem to pay their taxes anyway. I guess I will have to be patriotic and pay my, and their, taxes. After all, I don't want to be unpatriotic by not paying my taxes. I'll keep thinking about a way to solve this.

Greg

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Libertarian01
    Everyone should drive less. It would help the environment, reduce our dependence on oil, and save folks money.

Of course, everyone should eat healthier, exercise more, save more of their money, spend more time with their family, read more.... You get the point.
    Yep I get the point, and I do NOT need anyone telling me how much I should drive what I should eat, how much I should save, etc-etc-etc-etc

Pardon me, but I stopped reading after my BS meter went haywire and broke the needle. I can only hope my sarcasm meter isn't working correctly either, and should have gone off but failed to do so?

What a load of crap!

PS, in case you haven't heard, global warming/climate change is pure unadulterated horseshit!
    :twocents:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Libertarian01
    Yep I get the point, and I do NOT need anyone telling me how much I should drive what I should eat, how much I should save, etc-etc-etc-etc

Pardon me, but I stopped reading after my BS meter went haywire and broke the needle. I can only hope my sarcasm meter isn't working correctly either, and should have gone off but failed to do so?

What a load of crap!

PS, in case you haven't heard, global warming/climate change is pure unadulterated horseshit!
    :twocents:

Panama,

You missed my point sir. My point was that there are many things we can do that are "better" for a variety of reasons. That was not the tangent of my post. That was only said to illustrate the point that while many things are "good" for us it is NOT the government and/or elected officials responsibility to worry about them. That is OUR responsibility.

Doug

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Panama,

You missed my point sir. My point was that there are many things we can do that are "better" for a variety of reasons. That was not the tangent of my post. That was only said to illustrate the point that while many things are "good" for us it is NOT the government and/or elected officials responsibility to worry about them. That is OUR responsibility.

Doug

Point noted, my apologies for missing your point.

You lost my interest when my feeble mind simply could not process yours or any other person's need to be concerned for the amount of miles I may or may not drive.

Last time I checked, we still live in a free (or semi free) nation, and as long as I am paying for my own gas guzzling SUV, and all the gas it wants to drink, that I can afford, it is no one's business but my own if I choose to drive to L.A. and back just because I can or if I just want to go for a long drive.

Until Al Gore parks his jet, his fleet of SUV's and moves into an energy efficient home, he and any of his "believers" can kiss my ass!

So, if you really aren't one of Al's followers, please accept my sincere apologies, otherwise, reread the above sentence.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Point noted, my apologies for missing your point.

You lost my interest when my feeble mind simply could not process yours or any other person's need to be concerned for the amount of miles I may or may not drive.

Last time I checked, we still live in a free (or semi free) nation, and as long as I am paying for my own gas guzzling SUV, and all the gas it wants to drink, that I can afford, it is no one's business but my own if I choose to drive to L.A. and back just because I can or if I just want to go for a long drive.

Until Al Gore parks his jet, his fleet of SUV's and moves into an energy efficient home, he and any of his "believers" can kiss my ass!

So, if you really aren't one of Al's followers, please accept my sincere apologies, otherwise, reread the above sentence.

Amen brother! spoken like a true American!:patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom