• ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    thats a republican for ya.

Sorry, but your trolling posts are getting a tad bit annoying. Luger is not a Republican. He may have that little R next to his name, but that's it. He is a tried and true RINO. To lump him in with a true republican is not only disrespectful, it's downright ignorant.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    Sorry, but your trolling posts are getting a tad bit annoying. Luger is not a Republican. He may have that little R next to his name, but that's it. He is a tried and true RINO. To lump him in with a true republican is not only disrespectful, it's downright ignorant.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that, it was a response to all the anti obama crap...almost all threads have an "Obummer" or whatever, so I said something negative about a republican..ohhh. Maybe I'd have some good to say about one if the past 3(in my lifetime) weren't idiots. And should I respect all republicans? How is that not ignorant? Too many people claim to be conservatives, but they're the first ones that want to ban drugs and abortions...etc. Just a tad hypocritical..but hey, conservatism doesn't really mean less government, right?:rolleyes: Oh yeah, leave the God this and jesus that at home..thats also a tad bit annoying. For the record I don't claim either side in politics.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe I shouldn't have posted that, it was a response to all the anti obama crap...almost all threads have an "Obummer" or whatever, so I said something negative about a republican..ohhh. Maybe I'd have some good to say about one if the past 3(in my lifetime) weren't idiots. And should I respect all republicans? How is that not ignorant? Too many people claim to be conservatives, but they're the first ones that want to ban drugs and abortions...etc. Just a tad hypocritical..but hey, conservatism doesn't really mean less government, right?:rolleyes: Oh yeah, leave the God this and jesus that at home..thats also a tad bit annoying. For the record I don't claim either side in politics.

What's your most important issue that decides your vote?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

Obama's a complete and utter douche. Sorry, but I don't know how else to put it. He lies. He is unqualified. He's against individual rights. I'm more Libertarian I guess. I'm, as many on here are, pro legalization of drugs. As to abortions, I used to think like you. I'm from a MD suburb of DC, and I was brought up to think of a baby as a woman's choice. It's a life. It's that simple. Oh, and I'm not sure where you get the "Jesus this" crap from, I'm a proud Jew. For not claiming either side, you sure come off as being an elitist Liberal to me.:rolleyes:

Well lets get Bill of Rights to run for lugars seat.

I'd vote for him, maybe even twice :D

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I agree with your description of Obama. I don't like the idea of abortion but I believe that is a woman's choice. I would vote repeatedly for Bill if he would run.

I also should have clarified. I would never advocate an abortion, or have someone have one, but I still think it's that woman's choice. Morally, I think it's wrong, but I am not going to push my sense of morality onto others.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I also should have clarified. I would never advocate an abortion, or have someone have one, but I still think it's that woman's choice. Morally, I think it's wrong, but I am not going to push my sense of morality onto others.

Agreed, I'm sure there are unique individual circumstance but I just don't feel right when it's consistently used in lieu of Birth Control :dunno:

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I think Lugar's going senile. He's been a collaborator with the liberals in the Senate for a very long time. He needs to go. There needs to be a viable primary candidate against him in 2010.

Maybe INGO members should start a PAC, raise some money and find a candidate that we agree will espouse the values that we all share.

Lugar is also in favor of socializing the health care industry. More great use of taxpayer dollars. :rolleyes:

Senate roll vote: Children's health insurance bill - MSNBC Wire Services- msnbc.com

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Truckerman, Lugar's term lasts till 2012. Bayh is up in 2010, though.
    Prometheus, the only time you can say that things "must" get better is when they cannot get any worse, and that is only because nothing is static. Sad to say, things are not nearly at that point yet-things can (and I'm sure will) get much, much worse.

USMC, Nate, and Annie_O... You guys....
    icon11.gif
    thanks.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    He has been drinking out of the Potomac river to long.
    He needs replaced.

Having fished the Potomac and C&O canal for years, I threw up a little just remembering that smell :puke:

Also, with the fish that have odd appendages and such, I think we're lucky he didn't clone himself :)

porkpie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    God forbid we start drilling in the U.S. again. We could also work on more nuclear facilities and coal to oil facilities. I know it won't happen in my lifetime because of these jackasses we've elected, but maybe someday.:rolleyes: Oh well, these are definitely not revolutionary or new ideas.

This would really help with the economy. I'm surprised it's not hidden in Obama's stimulus bill.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Let's start a "Draft BoR" movement and replace Bayh. Then we can work on getting Lugar out.
    Step one for lugar is the primary. Someone needs to run against him for the republican nomination.

Step two if that fails would be to vote democrat to oust him (he's already as liberal as any dem anyway) and then work on electing a new Republican next time around.

He's getting old... maybe he'll just pass in his sleep. :twocents:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Senator Lugar has a fine intention. Everyone should drive less. It would help the environment, reduce our dependence on oil, and save folks money.

Of course, everyone should eat healthier, exercise more, save more of their money, spend more time with their family, read more.... You get the point.

Most of the things I've seen over the last few years is the idea politicians have that because something would be "good" to do it is their responsibility to "guide" you to it. Or, if something is "bad" to do it is their responsibility to "help" restrain you from it.

Here in Fort Wayne they wanted to revitalize our downtown. A fine idea, a good thought. NOTHING wrong with the idea. Problem is, it is NOT governments responsibility to do this. Rather it is the private sectors responsibility. So Fort Wayne is wasting over $100 million of taxpayer money on Harrison Square. We've moved a baseball field about three (3) miles from one that was JUST PAID FOR in the summer of 2008 to our downtown with a new debt. This was done even though I ran for office opposing it AND I found college research that PROVED the building of sports arenas do not help communities economically.

I would rather have seen Fort Wayne lower their taxes overall, helping families save some money and allowing businesses to grow. Then the people or the businesses would grow where they wanted to, where it would be BEST for them.

The problem only lies partially at the feet of politicians. It also lies at the feet of citizens who have a problem and always run to elected officials to solve their problem INSTEAD of trying to do it themselves.

Think about how problems were solved over 50 years ago. Who did our grandparents turn to? Try: family, friends, neighbors, church, clubs, the Red Cross (and other nonprofits). They didn't ask politicians to solve their problems. When Mrs. O'Learys cow burned down Chicago how much Federal money did Chicago get? Answer: $0. When the great quake of 1906 hit San Francisco how much did the Fed pay? Answer $1 million OUT of approximately $250 Million in damages. PEOPLE donated money. People helped.

That idea of people helping people ended slowly through the last century. You really can't lay the blame at any one persons doorstep. Sure, some like President F.D. Roosevelt take more blame than others with massive government programs designed to help. And I'm sure that FDR meant well. He just didn't understand the long term damage to our culture, economy, and society by interfering.

Ask 100 people today, "what would you do if someone broke into your home while you were there?" Answer from most, "call the police". Ask 100 people 100 years ago same question. Their answer, "get my gun". The police are the government. Let them clean up the mess, let them protect us, let them take the risk.

Should Senator Lugar know better? Yes, I believe so. However, on a scale of 0% - 100% responsibility is he REALLY at 100%? This I do NOT believe. We the people must carry some of that burden. We the people are above 0%.

Respectfully,

Doug

Top Bottom