• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I received both a Utah and Florida Carry Permit recently and frankly, I find Indiana's "Pink slip" to be Grossly inadequate. Especially if you are suppose to carry it with you all the time. With a lifetime permit, doesn't it make a lot of sense to have this as an actual heavy plastic card (which would fit in your wallet with the DL) as opposed to that folded up wad?

Is there a way to get a replacement for one that has become worn out over time?

Pretty silly that Indiana for having reasonably good LTCH laws cant come up with a better means of identification.

AARRRGH!!! :xmad:

Ok, Rant over.... I feel much better.... thank you.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Is there a way to get a replacement for one that has become worn out over time?
    You'd think there was an FAQ for that.:dunno:
    Some tips once your LTCH arrives:
    In this order:
    1) Make copies. If you can, scan it and save it to your computer.
    2) Store the original in your safe.
    3) Sign each of your copies.
    4) Laminate each of your copies.
    5) Have one EVERYWHERE.
    6) SIGN BEFORE YOU LAMINATE.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_..._was_told.html
    One of our members, Printcraft, is offering free LTCH lamination to members of INGO: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...o_members.html

So am I really allowed to make a copy of my LTCH?
    Technically... No. But you still may find this thread interesting. INGO member Cordex actually ASKED the people who should know!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...mit_redux.html

Oops. I didn't make a copy of my LTCH, and I've managed to lose the one I have. Can I get a replacement?
    Yes. You just need to request a duplicate from the ISP. At this time, it's a $20 replacement fee. When you get it, make copies.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...ment_ltch.html
    https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=6643
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Considering that needing an LTCH in the first place is an infringement, if it keeps the costs down then I can laminate and live with a piece of paper, it's yet to need to leave the wallet once.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Hey, I know... let's all petition our legislature to come up with a better LTCH. Maybe a plastic one with our photo on it. While we are at it, why don't we require training so that we will be accepted by more states? I mean, I realize that any one of these measures would require a massive overhaul of our current system including huge funding issues... maybe even higher taxes for all of us. But really, I wouldn't mind as long as I got to carry around a better card.

(I don't use purple)

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    Laminating is easy and costs less than $2 at staples. Is it really that big of a deal as long as it works? How many times are you actually going to pull it out of your wallet?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Hey, I know... let's all petition our legislature to come up with a better LTCH. Maybe a plastic one with our photo on it. While we are at it, why don't we require training so that we will be accepted by more states? I mean, I realize that any one of these measures would require a massive overhaul of our current system including huge funding issues... maybe even higher taxes for all of us. But really, I wouldn't mind as long as I got to carry around a better card.

(I don't use purple)

Lets petition our legislature to get rid of the infringement on our rights

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"

(I don't use purple)

Dang... sorry I asked... I was not looking for any of the above and dont like that we have to have it in the first place, but you don't have to be a jerk about a question...EXCUUUSE MEEEEEEEE !

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Why because I ask a question, and he has to go off on it like I am some Leftist.... I think people can choose to ignore a post that THEY consider to be stupid rather than going all A**hat over it... The I am so smart answer only shows his ignorance...

i was mostly referencing your EXXCUSEEE MEEE statement...i understand both side of this, yes it'd be nice to have something that isn't paper as our LTCH but i wouldnt want it to be updated in any other way.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Why because I ask a question, and he has to go off on it like I am some Leftist.... I think people can choose to ignore a post that THEY consider to be stupid rather than going all A**hat over it... The I am so smart answer only shows his ignorance...

First I never even remotely accused you of being a leftist. In fact I have seen plenty of right wing gun owners state almost verbatim what I just posted. Also, you didn't really even ask a question. You admittedly posted a rant about the IN LTCH. I was just shedding some light to the potential destination of that road. Lets face it, you were complaining (ranting) over something pretty silly. We have it pretty good in Indiana. As soon as you start complaining about the little things like a pink piece of paper, you start down the road to complaining about bigger things... which leads to more infringements.

And for the record I wasn't attacking you personally and there was no reason to get all butt hurt and call me an a**hat.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Laminating is easy and costs less than $2 at staples. Is it really that big of a deal as long as it works? How many times are you actually going to pull it out of your wallet?

I pull mine out whenever a cop pulls me over. Heck, I volunteer it to every cop I see.

Top Bottom