• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Personal experience: The thicker grade laminate will make it through a wash cycle with no damage whatsoever, provided you don't trim it too close to the paper... :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I loathe our need for the LTCH and find an ever so slight satisfaction in that it is represented on nothing fancier than a cheesy pink piece of paper.

I spit on each copy before I laminated them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I loathe our need for the LTCH and find an ever so slight satisfaction in that it is represented on nothing fancier than a cheesy pink piece of paper.

I spit on each copy before I laminated them.

Doesn't that affect how well the lamination adheres to it?;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In fact I have seen plenty of right wing gun owners state almost verbatim what I just posted.

Yep. Back in May, my brother (who is a long time gun owner) and I (a relative new comer) got into a heated discussion over training requirements for being issued a CCW permit (he's living in Tennessee). And he carries and is a strong believer everybody that wants to, should be able to.

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    This may be over-simplifed, but I am simple-minded. Why can't we get our pink slip, sign it and take it to the BMV, where they type in red letters LTCH in the endordement section of our Drivers License? Ta-Duh!!!

:D

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Nope. I don't want my drivers license to show that I have a LTCH. I have to show my drivers license in a lot of situations, and not all of them do I want the person knowing that I have a LTCH.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The cheesy piece of pink paper is just that.. it's the simplest way for Indiana to ensure that each person that wants to carry is a proper person. nothing more, nothing less. Other states require a bunch of hoop jumping, fortunately for us, the only hoops required are a background check and a patient wait (or inky fingers for those that do not use L1) :)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The cheesy piece of pink paper is just that.. it's the simplest way for Indiana to ensure that each person that wants to carry is a proper person. nothing more, nothing less. Other states require a bunch of hoop jumping, fortunately for us, the only hoops required are a background check and a patient wait (or inky fingers for those that do not use L1) :)

Some states require nothing at all as it should be.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This may be over-simplifed, but I am simple-minded. Why can't we get our pink slip, sign it and take it to the BMV, where they type in red letters LTCH in the endordement section of our Drivers License? Ta-Duh!!!

Argh, No! Gotta go with what Bruenor said!!
    The LESS the government is involved, the better. And to all the people complaining about a "piece of pink typing paper" vs the "credit card" type that other states have... do you want their restrictions and mandates, too?!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Nope. I don't want my drivers license to show that I have a LTCH. I have to show my drivers license in a lot of situations, and not all of them do I want the person knowing that I have a LTCH.
    How about the ability to take the laminated pink paper to the BMV and getting a separate photo ID (not DL) with the LTCH info on it so we no longer need to carry both DL and laminated pink paper in order to satisfy both requirements for when we have to present the LTCH AND photo ID?

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    So basically a LTCH with a picture ID? I don't really see a problem with that personally, except it will drive up costs which I am against. Also, I wouldn't be able to make a copy.

If we have to have a license, I say keep it as simple as possible.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Indiana is fine the way it is. Yeah it's only a piece of paper but simple. Afterall if it's laminated properly it will last a while. How many times have you had to pull your permit out anyway.
    To those wanting/wishing it would change should think of the other aspects of change. And how simple things are now. I mean once they start to open things up for one change they may change several things.
    Here in Tennessee they wanted a "quality" permit with a photo to prove identity of the actual permit holder. They have the Driver License quality permit. But you have to pay $110 for first 4 years, each renewal is $50 for 4 years, no lifetime option. Pay to take a safety course (avg. $75-$100) which is a one day (~8 hour) class. Provide 50-100 rounds of ammo for the course. Which is more money out of pocket. Plus if you move you MUST get a new permit, no option to just update address ($5.00 plus the hassle of going to the BMV).
    Indiana's system is not broke, it's simple. I have $150.00 ($50 - renewal fee to transfer my IN LTCH, $75 - class, $25 - ammo) and 6 hours of my time (5 - class & 1 hour at the BMV) just to transfer my permit from IN to here. In Indiana with the lifetime its one and done. Imagine if there was a photo on Indiana's lifetime permit? How often would you have to "renew" ?

Another thing down here is tax on ammo. ($.10 per box) and there is a charge to do a background check when buying a firearm (~$10.00).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom