• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Indiana is fine the way it is. Yeah it's only a piece of paper but simple. Afterall if it's laminated properly it will last a while. How many times have you had to pull your permit out anyway.
    To those wanting/wishing it would change should think of the other aspects of change. And how simple things are now. I mean once they start to open things up for one change they may change several things.
    Here in Tennessee they wanted a "quality" permit with a photo to prove identity of the actual permit holder. They have the Driver License quality permit. But you have to pay $110 for first 4 years, each renewal is $50 for 4 years, no lifetime option. Pay to take a safety course (avg. $75-$100) which is a one day (~8 hour) class. Provide 50-100 rounds of ammo for the course. Which is more money out of pocket. Plus if you move you MUST get a new permit, no option to just update address ($5.00 plus the hassle of going to the BMV).
    Indiana's system is not broke, it's simple. I have $150.00 ($50 - renewal fee to transfer my IN LTCH, $75 - class, $25 - ammo) and 6 hours of my time (5 - class & 1 hour at the BMV) just to transfer my permit from IN to here. In Indiana with the lifetime its one and done. Imagine if there was a photo on Indiana's lifetime permit? How often would you have to "renew" ?

Another thing down here is tax on ammo. ($.10 per box) and there is a charge to do a background check when buying a firearm (~$10.00).

Pffft.... NOW who's being a jerk?

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Argh, No! Gotta go with what Bruenor said!!
    The LESS the government is involved, the better. And to all the people complaining about a "piece of pink typing paper" vs the "credit card" type that other states have... do you want their restrictions and mandates, too?!

Permanence and durability do not have to translate into more hassle crap.

From getting the Utah/Florida ones I don't there stupid stuff either. Kinda like a pilots license. Same info and requirements, just in a different form.
    No, I do not want the other states BS.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You can get the PINK :D paper replaced anything from ISP for $20.
    No need in getting it laminated.
    Why?

Well when you get pulled over for <whatever> the JBT will ask for your DL.
    Once they call/look it in there "big brother" computer it will SHOW that you have the PINK slip as well. Plus it will show the latest address that the PINK slip has even if your physical PINK slip has an old address.

Since you are gonna get stripped of your rights, harashed, have your gun removed, unloaded, possibily disassembled, slammed onto the ground for good measure for showing the PINK slip what is the point of making it last/look nice for the JBT who already has all the info electronically?

:dunno:

--today my purple is broken & btw I'm embarrased to say the the OP is from NWI. :rofl:--

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    No need in getting it laminated.
    Why?

Well when you get pulled over for <whatever> the JBT will ask for your DL.
    Once they call/look it in there "big brother" computer it will SHOW that you have the PINK slip as well. Plus it will show the latest address that the PINK slip has even if your physical PINK slip has an old address.

Since you are gonna get stripped of your rights, harashed, have your gun removed, unloaded, possibily disassembled, slammed onto the ground for good measure for showing the PINK slip what is the point of making it last/look nice for the JBT who already has all the info electronically?

--today my purple is broken & btw I'm embarrased to say the the OP is from NWI. :rofl:--

it does not always show up in the computers when your DL is run, i believe it differs between departments on whether or not it does

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"

Oh, you are Funny PINKfather.!!! .. at least spell it right... it's embarrassed ... and you guys in Lake County are never an embarrassment?? At least you didn't throw in the Lawyer joke on top of it!! :lol2:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I received both a Utah and Florida Carry Permit recently and frankly, I find Indiana's "Pink slip" to be Grossly inadequate. Especially if you are suppose to carry it with you all the time. With a lifetime permit, doesn't it make a lot of sense to have this as an actual heavy plastic card (which would fit in your wallet with the DL) as opposed to that folded up wad?

Is there a way to get a replacement for one that has become worn out over time?

Pretty silly that Indiana for having reasonably good LTCH laws cant come up with a better means of identification.

AARRRGH!!! :xmad:

Ok, Rant over.... I feel much better.... thank you.

I agree, i almost took an old photo id i have and glued the LTC on it..then laminate....lol

I guess i need to find some heavy laminate to make it more like a card.
    Does anyone sell a good heavy lamination?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree, i almost took an old photo id i have and glued the LTC on it..then laminate....lol

I guess i need to find some heavy laminate to make it more like a card.
    Does anyone sell a good heavy lamination?

Luggage or ID badge slips will work.
    I have a laminator machine if you need it.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Luggage or ID badge slips will work.
    I have a laminator machine if you need it.

I laminated it once...a friend of mine gave me some....but its thin.
    I supposed one could double laminate :)
    My wife got her some time ago but we havent done anything with it yet cause i wanted to get some copies first....like i should have done with mine but didnt...arg!

After we do get copies i may take you up on that lamination...thanks!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes kjf40 laminate it first. That way when the JBT bashes your head into the payment when they pull you over for <<whatever>> at least you won't have bloodstains on it the next time the popo pulls you over and JBT you again for showing the pink paper.

The pink paper requirement needs to go PERIOD!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This may be over-simplifed, but I am simple-minded. Why can't we get our pink slip, sign it and take it to the BMV, where they type in red letters LTCH in the endordement section of our Drivers License? Ta-Duh!!!

:D

I hope you are joking!?

Nope. I don't want my drivers license to show that I have a LTCH. I have to show my drivers license in a lot of situations, and NONE of them ,I want knowing that I have a LTCH.

.FIFY:)

The cheesy piece of pink paper is just that.. it's the simplest way for Indiana to ensure that each person that wants to carry is a proper person.

Huh? :dunno: how that???:n00b:

I'm all for Indiana going the way of Vermont with Constitutional carry full-time and in all modes.

Don't hold your breath! :xmad:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I'm all for Indiana going the way of Vermont with Constitutional carry full-time and in all modes.

It would be nice, but I'd still get the license, as it allows me to carry outside of our state, which I do regularly. Now, if everyone just followed the BOR, that would obviously be the best scenario.

Top Bottom