• ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Here is the problem with the badge...

Let's say you're standing in line at Subway waiting to get your lunch when all of a sudden, some POS walks in to rob the place. When he sees you openly sporting your badge, he's just going to kill you because he knows that YOU will be the biggest threat in foiling his crime.

I think if you were to get one of these badges, you should just carry it concealed. That way you have the element of surprise on the bandit. You whip it out when he is otherwise occupied at the register, hope to catch the light just perfectly, blind him, and kick him in the jewels.

I support any citizen's right to carry a LTCH badge either openly or concealed, but I think the more effective way is the latter.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Let's say you're standing in line at Subway waiting to get your lunch when all of a sudden, some POS walks in to rob the place. When he sees you openly sporting your badge, he's just going to kill you because he knows that YOU will be the biggest threat in foiling his crime.

I think if you were to get one of these badges, you should just carry it concealed. That way you have the element of surprise on the bandit. You whip it out when he is otherwise occupied at the register, hope to catch the light just perfectly, blind him, and kick him in the jewels.

I support any citizen's right to carry a LTCH badge either openly or concealed, but I think the more effective way is the latter.

The same premise has been discussed ad infinitum here on OC/CC debates, and as far as I know, nobody has ever been able to back up the "OC(or Badge) makes you a target" scenario with any empirical evidence that it happens.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Sorry, my entire post should have been in purple. I was trying to pull off a joke there and it crashed I guess. :cool:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

That is funny that you are using the exact same arguement that CC'ers use for not OCing......;)

BTW, it is a very valid arguement!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Oh and an OC'er getting robbed of his gun HAS happened, it's just not very likely. Not likely enough to worry about anyway. I CC, but not because of that.

Top Bottom