• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The last guy I handled with a LTCH badge, he had just shot/killed his wife and shot/wounded his son. I pulled up and he was standing on the front porch his badge on, tucked in shirt, clean cut. Heck, we thought it was an off-duty officer that got there before us. It was a bloody mess inside that house. Left me with a bad taste for those stupid badges.
    Did it leave you with a "bad taste" for ALL "stupid badges", or just THOSE stupid badges?

There HAVE been cases of cops killing their wives / sons / family members / friends / other officers. Did any one of THOSE situations leave you with a "bad taste" for THOSE "stupid badges". 'Cause they sure did ME.

The main issue with those who are "anti-CCW" badge seems to be that SOME condescending, arrogant, bone-headed cops will have a problem with them.

Really? Well, then is that a problem with the CCW-badge holder, or with the condescending, arrogant, bone-headed cop?

So, some cop has a problem with a citizen carrying a legal to possess and wear CCW badge? Does that cop believe only HE should have a badge, or fellow LEO's? Really? Then he must have a problem with DOC officers too, hunh? Firefighters? Bailiffs? Parole Officers? EMT's? Security officers?

And you, Mr. "I have the RIGHT to carry under the 2nd Amendment!", you'll carry, even open carry a gun, and DEMAND that LEO's not harrass you because you're legally and legitimately carrying a gun, but let those SAME LEO's intimidate you into not legally and legitimately not wear a CCW badge IF YOU CHOOSE TO, even though you have that same authority?

You actually believe the cop ISN'T going to harrass you for openly carrying a gun but WILL harrass you because you're wearing a CCW badge?

Wear one or not wear one, YOUR choice. But if you're letting some LEO harrass / intimidate you in to not wearing one (which are both CRIMES, even IF it's an LEO doing so, btw), then perhaps you should reconsider carrying a weapon in the first place.

The badge is ONLY a symbol that you (or whomever) are authorized to do something, nothing more. Authorized to do something with specific limitations, and within specific standards. That's true for a cop's badge, that's true for a CCW badge.

A civilian with a LTCH (badge or no badge) has the SAME duty and responsibility regarding the weapons he carries as EVERY cop that also carries weapons (some cops do not).

Lastly, I'll state clearly and emphatically that if you're a cop and YOU have a problem with ANY citizen carrying / wearing a CCW badge IF they're authorized / permitted to do so, then YOU'RE the one with the problem. If your ego stretches that far then perhaps the citizens / city council of your community should seriously evaluate whether or not you're fit to SERVE the community.

It says "To Protect And Serve" on the side of the squad, NOT "Harrass Every Citizen I Don't Like". Those that do not understand that should NOT be cops carrying guns, period.

HOW do I know that? I've driven a squad. :patriot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would harrass myself. :n00b:

Heck, I only got the LTCH because it's legally required for me to carry in Indiana.

Dug into the archives for this one, eh?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Did it leave you with a "bad taste" for ALL "stupid badges", or just THOSE stupid badges?

There HAVE been cases of cops killing their wives / sons / family members / friends / other officers. Did any one of THOSE situations leave you with a "bad taste" for THOSE "stupid badges". 'Cause they sure did ME.

The main issue with those who are "anti-CCW" badge seems to be that SOME condescending, arrogant, bone-headed cops will have a problem with them.

Really? Well, then is that a problem with the CCW-badge holder, or with the condescending, arrogant, bone-headed cop?

So, some cop has a problem with a citizen carrying a legal to possess and wear CCW badge? Does that cop believe only HE should have a badge, or fellow LEO's? Really? Then he must have a problem with DOC officers too, hunh? Firefighters? Bailiffs? Parole Officers? EMT's? Security officers?

And you, Mr. "I have the RIGHT to carry under the 2nd Amendment!", you'll carry, even open carry a gun, and DEMAND that LEO's not harrass you because you're legally and legitimately carrying a gun, but let those SAME LEO's intimidate you into not legally and legitimately not wear a CCW badge IF YOU CHOOSE TO, even though you have that same authority?

You actually believe the cop ISN'T going to harrass you for openly carrying a gun but WILL harrass you because you're wearing a CCW badge?

Wear one or not wear one, YOUR choice. But if you're letting some LEO harrass / intimidate you in to not wearing one (which are both CRIMES, even IF it's an LEO doing so, btw), then perhaps you should reconsider carrying a weapon in the first place.

The badge is ONLY a symbol that you (or whomever) are authorized to do something, nothing more. Authorized to do something with specific limitations, and within specific standards. That's true for a cop's badge, that's true for a CCW badge.

A civilian with a LTCH (badge or no badge) has the SAME duty and responsibility regarding the weapons he carries as EVERY cop that also carries weapons (some cops do not).

Lastly, I'll state clearly and emphatically that if you're a cop and YOU have a problem with ANY citizen carrying / wearing a CCW badge IF they're authorized / permitted to do so, then YOU'RE the one with the problem. If your ego stretches that far then perhaps the citizens / city council of your community should seriously evaluate whether or not you're fit to SERVE the community.

It says "To Protect And Serve" on the side of the squad, NOT "Harrass Every Citizen I Don't Like". Those that do not understand that should NOT be cops carrying guns, period.

holynecropostbatman.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    IBTL!!!

I kinda regret posting these links in the new "D-Bag Badge" thread.

Me thinks somebody will have a sort career here.
    Well, you posted 'em, LOL.

Nah, I think I'll be just fine here. I'm pro-2A, pro-civilians legally and responsibly carrying weapons, and pro-GOOD LEO's.

I think that's a pretty good fit here. :):

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN

finally someone stands up and tells it like it is. Cops think only they can have guns, badges etc. im sick of it. Get off your power trip. You are human just like we are

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Holy necro posting. I'm not really sure where this came from. I do not remember harassing anyone with a CCW badge, I just do not see them. I would say that it is rare for a LTCHer to display one next to his/her pistol. At the time, they were identical to the special deputy badges used by Marion County and were impossible to tell apart until you were a few feet from it. Frankly, the crazy murderer was the only LTCH badge wearer I have come across in person. This was a VERY gruesome scene that I had to be first in walking through so it sticks in my mind. Out of the dozen or so homicide scenes I have worked, this was probably the tops (of course I am not counting the nasty suicides and natural DOA's). I was not trying to place all badge wearers into this same group, just a single observation from a single person. I cannot tell if you are responding to another persons post or mine alone. It is very confusing to read. Kinda like you are talking to yourself.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

Are you aware that this CCW badge is nothing more than a ploy marketed towards people who think they can get away with carrying a handgun just by having this badge?

There is no "CCW" for Indiana just a LTCH. The badge means nothing and offers no authority - you don't even need to show a LTCH to get one. This would allow ANYONE, regardless of their authority to carry, to get one.

Personally if I were a cop I would be piqued if I saw someone wearing a CCW badge - note I said piqued, not "I'm gonna harass this person just because they have a badge" - simply because I can EASILY see some people that CAN'T have a LTCH (felons) trying to play off like they could carry legally just because they have this badge. That is likely why they refer to it as a stupid badge - because it is just a shiny thing that may convince some ignorant people that someone who shouldn't/can't legally carry, can.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    If I were to see someone walking around, displaying a CCW badge, it tells me something about that person and it isn't whether or not they have a gun:rolleyes:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    If I were to see someone walking around, displaying a CCW badge, it tells me something about that person and it isn't whether or not they have a gun:rolleyes:

Still deciding on if this is the best or worst thread I have ever seen. But, this is hands down the single best post I have ever read!:):

Top Bottom