• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I heard a transformer blow and we lost power. Why don't they put roofs over those things? Its not like this doesn't happen pretty regularly.

Luckily I've got the generator going so we still have Internet and a few lights, but I don't have enough electric heaters to keep the whole house warm. We can keep the basement nice and toasty, though. I may have to take the sleigh to the gas station depending on how long before they fix it, might as well get some bacon while I'm out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm out of options and time. Generator still leaking. I thought too late to get a spare tank and just feed the fuel line from an alternate source.only thing HD had was a tank sprayer, not sure that's a good idea to hold gasoline long term.

I saw a 20' branch snap off and hit a power line just now. Another huge limb was pulling a power like down to the driveway across the street from the one I saw fall. Nasty stuff, and then the wind is going to hit.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    My power has been out since 1pm, On Generator power, Tree's down, Lions Laying with Lambs, its going to get ugly without power, I'm good for about 40 hours but then I have to do something

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Doc, you got a motorcycle? It is usually handy to hook a hose to a bike. Mine holds 7-1/5 gallons, so it should keep a generator going for a while.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Had a girl on my FB page question why the electric company's don't knock the ice off power lines. :n00b:

Tell her she can apply for part time subcontractor work to keep the ice off. The power company will reimburse her for mileage, hair dryers, extension cords and ladders if she decides to take the job. They need help badly, all she has to do is call and ask.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Gee! Only the Indianapolis is represented as having problems. What about the rest of the damn state? Don't we count?

Pah!

PS: Not b* tching at you BehindBlueI's, just the map.
    Does Indianapolis Power & Light also provide and maintain power to 'the rest of the damn state?'

I don't think so - but I could be wrong. I'm fairly certain IPL doesn't maintain the power lines outside of their service area - I'm not sure why you would expect them to track outages outside of their service area.

If you want to know about your local area you'll need to see if your power provider has such a service/feature.

Top Bottom