• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Olson even cited the lack of FBI and ATF statements, studies or reports to demonstrate that there is no conclusive evidence that a bump stock was actually used by the Las Vegas shooter.
    This was something of a “mic drop” moment, because when given the chance to respond, the government’s lawyer could not — in fact, he refused to — counter Olson’s statement on this point."

Some theorized the whole Vegas thing was a false flag intended to expand the government and curb individual liberties...... of course, they were dismissed and "foil hatters" or something.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I’ve posted this before, in the FOIA dumps pertaining to vegas there were many, many pages about DIASes, including a new design, and an email saying San bernadino was carried out with a DIAS.

in context it seems like it wasn’t JUST bumpstocks in Vegas, like many have held since the beginning

DIAS? Drop in auto sear?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I’ve posted this before, in the FOIA dumps pertaining to vegas there were many, many pages about DIASes, including a new design, and an email saying San bernadino was carried out with a DIAS.

in context it seems like it wasn’t JUST bumpstocks in Vegas, like many have held since the beginning

Interesting. Link?

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If that were true, then wouldn't Trump be a participant in the conspiracy to ban bumpstocks? Like, more than just getting duped into it as it now appears.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    If that were true, then wouldn't Trump be a participant in the conspiracy to ban bumpstocks? Like, more than just getting duped into it as it now appears.
    That then opens a discussion on things like deep-state and assuming he read those documents instead of listening to his top deputies.

Honestly, I'm not even defending him- more like that rabbithole is so deep as to deserve its own thread.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Somebody should tweet the info to him. He's on there enough.

Someone if his self-admittedly high intellect should be able to see the charade.

Regardless, for purposes of this thread, he could stop this ban-train whenever he wants. Instead, we have to wait for the courts to rule.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, the whole deal is weird. For a guy who's going to break the law anyway, the bump stock thing seems stupid to me. He could have spent a couple of hours Googling and figured out a way to do conversions.
    Dude planned it for a year. And I doubt he was all that worried about breaking the law by making illegal modifications to his firearms. He had plenty of time to figure that out if he had wanted that.

I had a discussion with someone just the other day about this. Basically, long story short, after explaining the facts about “bumpfire” and devices that use the principle, he made the argument that bump stocks should be banned because we don’t want to make it easier for criminals. You can justify lots of stuff that way.

From there it kinda follows the logic of the conversation in the UK right now with knives. It’s not like no one has ever improvised an implement to stab someone. So let’s restict knives for everyone so we feel like we make the bad people have to work for it. :n00b:

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Regardless, for purposes of this thread, he could stop this ban-train whenever he wants. Instead, we have to wait for the courts to rule.

I'm with you on all counts. On topic, yeah.

You are absolutely right. He could stop this. I really hope the smackdown gets placed by the courts and the attention can move on to something like yard darts for a while..

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Dude planned it for a year. And I doubt he was all that worried about breaking the law by making illegal modifications to his firearms. He had plenty of time to figure that out if he had wanted that.

I had a discussion with someone just the other day about this. Basically, long story short, after explaining the facts about “bumpfire” and devices that use the principle, he made the argument that bump stocks should be banned because we don’t want to make it easier for criminals. You can justify lots of stuff that way.

From there it kinda follows the logic of the conversation in the UK right now with knives. It’s not like no one has ever improvised an implement to stab someone. So let’s restict knives for everyone so we feel like we make the bad people have to work for it. :n00b:

For that matter, with that sort of lead time to plan and the resources he had, he could have gotten his hands on a true-blue NFA item. How bad might it have been if Paddock had used, say, a water-cooled Browning?

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    For that matter, with that sort of lead time to plan and the resources he had, he could have gotten his hands on a true-blue NFA item. How bad might it have been if Paddock had used, say, a water-cooled Browning?
    A LOT worse. No comparison between .223 and 50 BMG in any metric.

there’s a lot more f avenues that could’ve been used in this shooting, and I want to give zero ideas to any anti-gunner out there, truth is there is ALWAYS cover-up of information (for crying out loud, I linked a FOIA document stating that San bernadino was illegal machineguns, which AFAIK was NEVER reported ANYWHERE) in every single event, is it a mass cover-up, or a false flag? No, it fits the narrative that certain agencies and the MSM want

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @fargo

Looks like someone else is carrying your anti-Chevron banner. :)

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...s-Reliance-on-Chevron-in-Bump-Stock-Case.html

NCLA is particularly concerned with the DC district court’s decision to invoke Chevron deference in accepting the ATF’s statutory interpretation. Because the statute is criminal in nature, not even the ATF asked the district court to defer. Nevertheless, the weight of deference doctrines caused the district court to improperly sustain the validity of the challenged regulation. The court should have applied the rule of lenity, interpreted any ambiguity in the statute in favor of criminal defendants, and struck down the new regulation.

Still does not appear to be any rulings on the various injunctions.

Cato also filed an amicus.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bump-stock-ban-bumps-against-constitution

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    @fargo

Looks like someone else is carrying your anti-Chevron banner. :)

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...s-Reliance-on-Chevron-in-Bump-Stock-Case.html

Still does not appear to be any rulings on the various injunctions.

Cato also filed an amicus.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bump-stock-ban-bumps-against-constitution

Chevron is blatantly unconstitutional.

Then again, so is delegating all the lawmaking power to the administrative state. What part of "ALL LEGISLATIVE POWER" does Congress not understand?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom