• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    What .45 doesn't she like? I've found ladies like the 1911 after some instruction and shooting .22 semi auto. They will feel more recoil with a 9mm in a compact than a .45 1911.

I've gota Taurus 1911. She didn't like it only because she hates guns and that one is loud lol but I'm getting her to like them now. She just needed to learn about them and get the feel for them

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    A CZ 75 Compact is one of the best 9mm handguns made today. It conceals easily and it shoots very nicely with the weight damping a lot of the recoil. It's worth taking a look at if you are wanting a good, all around, 9mm handgun.

I'll check that out, do you know what price range they run?

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    I just purchased a SIG P938 (rubbergrips w/extended magazine), about two weeks ago, took it out on Christmas day and put a 100 flawless rounds trough it. The grand kids and I had a great time, they loved it. Might be higher priced than other brands but well worth it IMO. I wish I could PM you with more info; but I do not have enough posts for that. Good Luck on whatever you decide!

I was looking at some SIGs but they are too pricey for me right now. I'm in the same boat looking at a few guns but cant reach the people to buy them from lol

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I bought mu LC9 for $350 plus tax at my favorite LGS. Wabash Valley Firearms in Terre Haute.
    Great place to do business and great people working there to boot.

I still love and carry my LC9 and even got my Dad to get one for himself so I can carry that when I am visiting them in Florida. You read that right, he bought it for himself but since he doesn't have nor will he ever get a carry permit, it is really my carry piece while visiting. That is nice for me as I no longer need to check a pistol in the luggage when I fly down there. :)

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    So from the information from everyone and the research I've done...I'm going to look for a .40 then 9mm, but I've narrowed it down a little. Depends on the deal I can find I'll look for a glock, s&w m&p line, ruger lc9. Now I have to find one in my price range lol I was up at ZX gun in Fort Wayne today and held all those guns and they feel good, glock has to have a extended pinky on the mag for me to be able to hold good though.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    On the girlfriend angle, are you looking for something for her to shoot on the range or be able to carry around? Generally, I'd usually say it's never a good idea to try buying a gun for somebody else...

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I bought mu LC9 for $350 plus tax at my favorite LGS. Wabash Valley Firearms in Terre Haute.
    Great place to do business and great people working there to boot.

I still love and carry my LC9 and even got my Dad to get one for himself so I can carry that when I am visiting them in Florida. You read that right, he bought it for himself but since he doesn't have nor will he ever get a carry permit, it is really my carry piece while visiting. That is nice for me as I no longer need to check a pistol in the luggage when I fly down there. :)
    LC9 is a great gun. My GF loves her XDs 9mm.

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    On the girlfriend angle, are you looking for something for her to shoot on the range or be able to carry around? Generally, I'd usually say it's never a good idea to try buying a gun for somebody else...

For now I want something for me to carry to conceal better and something better for her to shoot on the range. When she is comfortable with handguns I will go with her to buy her first one to carry. Hopefully she will get comfortable enough to do so

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    For now I want something for me to carry to conceal better and something better for her to shoot on the range. When she is comfortable with handguns I will go with her to buy her first one to carry. Hopefully she will get comfortable enough to do so
    In that case, you should buy for yourself first and consider her liking it a bonus. A CCW is something you're staking your life on, and you may have for the rest of your life. Pick it for you. Depending on how small you want to go, I'd recommend either the Kahr CM9 or the Glock 26. The CW9 is a great pistol as well.

For the girlfriend, I second the idea of going someplace that rents guns and get her on a full-size 9mm. I don't know if you're in Decatur township or county, but Atterbury range is relatively close to both and they rent guns.

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    In that case, you should buy for yourself first and consider her liking it a bonus. A CCW is something you're staking your life on, and you may have for the rest of your life. Pick it for you. Depending on how small you want to go, I'd recommend either the Kahr CM9 or the Glock 26. The CW9 is a great pistol as well.

For the girlfriend, I second the idea of going someplace that rents guns and get her on a full-size 9mm. I don't know if you're in Decatur township or county, but Atterbury range is relatively close to both and they rent guns.

I live in the city of Decatur. I've been hearing more and more good about kahrs so I'll have to look in to them

Top Bottom