IMG00001-20100619-0924.jpg

Springfield M1A Standard w/NM Trigger and Sights

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think you might have left out a description...looks like an AK up top, with a Norinco SKS in the middle.

If you are serious about putting a better scope on the SKS, I HIGHLY recommend considering drilling and tapping the reciever for a PU style mount. The reciever cover mounts tend to work loose over time.

I've played around with several SKS scope mounts and finally did the drill and tap method, and much happier with it now.

I like that 20 round fixed mag...very nice way to increase the capacity of the SKS and maintain reliability.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I think you might have left out a description...looks like an AK up top, with a Norinco SKS in the middle.

If you are serious about putting a better scope on the SKS, I HIGHLY recommend considering drilling and tapping the reciever for a PU style mount. The reciever cover mounts tend to work loose over time.

I've played around with several SKS scope mounts and finally did the drill and tap method, and much happier with it now.

I like that 20 round fixed mag...very nice way to increase the capacity of the SKS and maintain reliability.

Yeah I got a little froggy on the "SKS" typing. Updated descriptions.

I believe the mag on the SKS only accepts 8 rounds via stripperclip, I could be wrong but when I loaded a single stripclip into it, it seemed full.

Again, both of these rifles are pretty new to me so let me know if I'm mistaken.

Long term I'll consider D&T on the receiver but for now this is what I'm using for plinking @ 100 yards. Thanks for the tip tho, definitely sounds like the way to go.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I got a little froggy on the "SKS" typing. Updated descriptions.

I believe the mag on the SKS only accepts 8 rounds via stripperclip, I could be wrong but when I loaded a single stripclip into it, it seemed full.

Again, both of these rifles are pretty new to me so let me know if I'm mistaken.

Long term I'll consider D&T on the receiver but for now this is what I'm using for plinking @ 100 yards. Thanks for the tip tho, definitely sounds like the way to go.

No worries...here to help! :ingo:

I'd see if you can get 20 into that SKS mag...it should hold it unless it has been modified to hold less.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I have this rifle, a Norinco SKS just about where it needs to be. After the T6 furniture, the extended mag release, the Tech-Sights and the drop bolt modification the only thing else I am considering is possibly a red dot mounted in the scout position. For a 100' weapon, this is truely a shooter.

SKS.jpg

Last edited:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Picked this up the weekend before last. A smooth shootin' 10/22 and this is also my first Ruger firearm. It has a small nick on the stock but for $120 wasn't going to pass it up.:rockwoot:

IMG_0185.jpg

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Helping a friend clean some of his dads guns. You can see my two guns in there. IN order from left to right: WASR 10 AK, Chinese SKS, CZ-75B, Browning Auto-5, Stevens 12 ga, Remington 887 Nitromag, Marlin 60SS, S&W 38 Sp snub nose, Ruger 96 lever action 22lr, Marlin 1984C 357 mag lever gun, and the Bushmaster AR15. The Browning Auto 5 is one of the pre-1939 models. Its impossible to track the exact manufacture date since the company had all its records destroyed or something in the war.

photo.jpg

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I've been wanting to build a little target 10/22 for a while. I'm going to do a thread tomorrow when I get some better pictures together but I think I'm going to be happy with it...
    English walnut stock
    Shaw barrel
    Power Custom hammer and springs
    New1022pic.jpg

simpson1922

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Benre, IN
    my start of a collection

mossberg .270 with 3-12x50 scope
    001.jpg

howa model 1500 22-250 with nikon monarch 3-12x42 and pillar beded stock
    008-1.jpg

Savage .17hmr with bushnell 3-9x40
    012-1.jpg

Savage model12 .223 lefty with bushnell 4-12x40
    006-1.jpg

Savage model 10 with hs percsion stock and konus pro m30 3.5-12x40
    003-1.jpg

Ruger 10/22 with butler creek heavy barrel and stock for now. 3-9x40 scope
    015-1.jpg

the whole family with my shotgun berrta extrema2, muzzleloader and old double barrel
    204.jpg

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been wanting to build a little target 10/22 for a while. I'm going to do a thread tomorrow when I get some better pictures together but I think I'm going to be happy with it...
    English walnut stock
    Shaw barrel
    Power Custom hammer and springs
    New1022pic.jpg

That's one sharp 10/22. :yesway: It's a near perfect combo of "tactical" and traditional and I'm drooling.

May I ask where you got the stock from? Does it come dressed out as walnut with the adjustable stock on it?

Seriously...I'm drooling here. Very nice.

Top Bottom